HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1921  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 2:11 AM
para transit fellow para transit fellow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten42 View Post
The issue isn't about accessibility. The issue is about preferred exclusive accessibility. Exactly the thing he got his panties in a knot over with Cal Wenzel and the residential developers. Hey, but commercial developers are different right? Get your head out of the sand. It is pure hypocrisy.
Your recollection of Mr wenzel's moment of fame is different than mine. I recall the recording featuring a description of how many Councillors they needed to change the voting patterns of the entire Council... With the aim to get certain changes favorable for development.

I do not recall anything about preferred access...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1922  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 2:16 AM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
I've always found him to be very arrogant but now he's also being downright insulting to the general public. There's no defending his hypocrisy on this issue as far as I'm concerned.
I see you are still scared of having him as a forum meet-up. Have you so little faith in your stance?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1923  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 2:32 AM
Corndogger Corndogger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
I see you are still scared of having him as a forum meet-up. Have you so little faith in your stance?
Nenshi doesn't have discussions with people. He lectures and tries to ridicule people who disagree with him.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1924  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 4:27 AM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Nenshi doesn't have discussions with people. He lectures and tries to ridicule people who disagree with him.
When was the last time you spoke to him? Reality is, you have no faith in your stance. It is fully built on spewing contorted information anywhere - as long as it is a place that Nenshi is not and thus cannot respond. In effect, you are refusing to have a discussion with him and instead ridicule and slander him here under anonymity. A stance means it is something you'd stand for. You're not standing - you're just throwing rocks.

Who else wants to have Nenshi directly speaking / conversing at a forum meet up? Looks like Corndogger will not be up to it (though I hope he shows and says his mind - we all know he won't).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1925  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 8:01 PM
artvandelay's Avatar
artvandelay artvandelay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The City of Cows
Posts: 1,667
I would love to speak with Nenshi. Set 'er up, Suburbia!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1926  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 9:40 PM
Corndogger Corndogger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
When was the last time you spoke to him? Reality is, you have no faith in your stance. It is fully built on spewing contorted information anywhere - as long as it is a place that Nenshi is not and thus cannot respond. In effect, you are refusing to have a discussion with him and instead ridicule and slander him here under anonymity. A stance means it is something you'd stand for. You're not standing - you're just throwing rocks.

Who else wants to have Nenshi directly speaking / conversing at a forum meet up? Looks like Corndogger will not be up to it (though I hope he shows and says his mind - we all know he won't).
I've seen people trying to have conversations with Nenshi in a live setting and he refuses to listen to those that don't agree with him. Just because I refuse to bash my head against a wall doesn't mean I don't have faith in what I believe. I've never been against everything he's proposed but in this case I don't see how anyone can argue that he isn't being a total hypocrite. I'm the one who's being open-minded, not you. Nenshi staying in power must have a lot of value to you.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1927  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 4:27 AM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Just because I refuse to bash my head against a wall doesn't mean I don't have faith in what I believe.
It is your right to be a cornpuff.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1928  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 4:28 AM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
I would love to speak with Nenshi. Set 'er up, Suburbia!
I'm guessing Bigtime is best connected. Aaron - what do ya' say?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1929  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 11:12 PM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Mayor's July 3rd scrum

Video Link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1930  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 11:13 PM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Mayor's July 4th scrum

Video Link
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:41 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.