HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Parks, Metro, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Central City Potential Swimming Beach Sites Study and Eastbank Crescent Riverfront Plan. Both up for adoption by resolution at City Council next week. No funding attached as yet.
Nice! I thought those were old dead ideas.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Central City Potential Swimming Beach Sites Study and Eastbank Crescent Riverfront Plan. Both up for adoption by resolution at City Council next week. No funding attached as yet.
ambitious but they will need some extraordinary marketing to get people immersing their head in the water...i wouldn't do that north of the sellwood bridge. sorry portland the zidell property seems like the best. nice sunny exposure, probably hobo free. the others seem like a boobie prize. noisy freeway, hobo camps and needles nearby. im glad people are using the omsi dock but even there , aren't there no swimming signs posted? the current is too swift under the hawthorne bridge for novice swimmers and hipster day drinkers. sellwood's beach is nice though when its not over run by dogs and hobo pirates...the problem with the willamette is people like sandy bottoms, not mud....

Last edited by pdxtex; Jun 3, 2017 at 6:54 PM.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 6:56 AM

The Japanese Garden expansion is such a great asset for the city. I hope you all go if you have the chance.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 7:08 AM
A before E

I haven't seen the new buildings yet, I am planning on visiting the gardens some time in September when crowds die down a bit.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Parks, Metro, Urban Design & Heritage Issues