HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 12:45 PM

Everything can be built. If Japan can build theirs on earthquake prone tectonic land we can for sure build it on our flat Ontario safe as ever land. Let's cut the crap and the excuses, if there is a will it can be built.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
You are assuming that conventional track is cheap to build in Southern Ontario. For VIA, they have the Shining Waters railway like unused. There's no such option in Southwestern Ontario that I know of. So they'd have to build a new corridor. I suspect the delta from regular rail to high speed rail is rather small when discussing constructing a corridor from scratch.
You're probably right... the highest costs in building railroads is usually expropriation.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX-ME View Post
The comparison is with respect to conventional rail on a dedicated track, not the status quo.
The province would never okay building anything like that. Why bother? It doesn't make any sense. If you're going to build a dedicated track, might as well make it high speed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure