HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12181  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 4:29 AM
Rollerstud98 Rollerstud98 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 502
from skid to roof maybe 9 or 10'. Mobile construction site offices. Which are already on site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12182  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 5:49 AM
You Need A Thneed's Avatar
You Need A Thneed You Need A Thneed is online now
Construction Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Martindale, NE Calgary
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerstud98 View Post
from skid to roof maybe 9 or 10'. Mobile construction site offices. Which are already on site.
I wouldn't expect any development on the site for a long time, as in, it's very likely going to become a deep hole as part of the Green Line construction tunnelling and station construction. Once that's done, the city will either build something there themselves, or sell it to a developer. I could see the city building something, with the station entrance in the street level section, a similar idea to Westbrook Station. They will need a station entrance someone at that intersection, so it would make sense.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12183  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 6:39 AM
Suburgatory's Avatar
Suburgatory Suburgatory is online now
Director of Hindsight
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_ting_on View Post
PCL is building office there. how tall?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12184  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 3:47 PM
suburbia suburbia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need A Thneed View Post
I wouldn't expect any development on the site for a long time, as in, it's very likely going to become a deep hole as part of the Green Line construction tunnelling and station construction. Once that's done, the city will either build something there themselves, or sell it to a developer. I could see the city building something, with the station entrance in the street level section, a similar idea to Westbrook Station. They will need a station entrance someone at that intersection, so it would make sense.
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity, but requiring some patience.

That corner would also be an important transit point between bus lines, BRT and the LRT. I wouldn't be surprised is a pinch of that space, till phase II is created, becomes a bus loop. I do hope that the 301 still continues on the current route all the way into downtown, however, else the green line phase I will have negative impact (adding a transfer).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12185  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 4:30 PM
Tobyoby's Avatar
Tobyoby Tobyoby is offline
That's what she said
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stampitectureville
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_ting_on View Post
PCL is building office there. how tall?
The trailers on site are as high as they are going right now. Not exactly Dubai.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12186  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 5:33 PM
ST1 ST1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_ting_on View Post
PCL is building office there. how tall?
No office buildings, they are temporarily parking work trailers there for another project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12187  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 6:30 PM
geotag277 geotag277 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyoby View Post
The trailers on site are as high as they are going right now. Not exactly Dubai.
Thousand feet tall stacked mobile construction office trailers certainly does paint a picture.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12188  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 6:38 PM
Chinook Arch's Avatar
Chinook Arch Chinook Arch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
Thousand feet tall stacked mobile construction office trailers certainly does paint a picture.
Built by the Chinese in 10 days!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12189  
Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 8:28 PM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,379
Waves on 17th Ave and 5th closed a few weeks ago - perhaps that means redevelopment of the site is imminent.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12190  
Old Posted Yesterday, 9:30 AM
YYCguys YYCguys is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,732
I like Waves! The atmosphere is delightful and I get the feeling that I'm a guest in a family home. A shame that one by one they are closing out here and not re-opening.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12191  
Old Posted Today, 1:56 AM
Habanero's Avatar
Habanero Habanero is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dynamic city near the Rockies
Posts: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
Thousand feet tall stacked mobile construction office trailers certainly does paint a picture.
I'm sure that we be a trend soon. Everyone seems to have a hard on for anything built from trailers or C Cans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:41 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.