HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 10:57 PM

Shoppes of Komoka

Most of the steel is now done on this development in Komoka.

http://www.websterretail.com/commerc...g_Brochure.pdf

Nearby the farmland is being prepped for the large subdivision that will add approx 5000 residents to the area.

Glendon Drive is already heavy with rush hour traffic from Kilworth, Mt Bridges and Strathroy.

Hopefully the County and City get the widening project going soon.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 12:29 AM

Nice diagram, I especially like the truck routing marked on it. I wonder what actual tenants they have lined up. I was by there one day last week and was surprised how quickly it's coming along.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 1:46 AM

Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Most of the steel is now done on this development in Komoka.

http://www.websterretail.com/commerc...g_Brochure.pdf

Nearby the farmland is being prepped for the large subdivision that will add approx 5000 residents to the area.

Glendon Drive is already heavy with rush hour traffic from Kilworth, Mt Bridges and Strathroy.

Hopefully the County and City get the widening project going soon.
I was there today for my sons's hockey and it is coming along nicely. Likely be business's there by the fall? It is great to see them building there because there is just not a lot out there, but lots of growth.

I drive Glendon every day and you are right, they need to widen this road asap. It is so busy and if you get stuck somewhere behind a slow driver it is madening!

Does anyone know if there are plans to do this?

Anyway thanks for the post. cheers

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 1:47 AM

Smile Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Nice diagram, I especially like the truck routing marked on it. I wonder what actual tenants they have lined up. I was by there one day last week and was surprised how quickly it's coming along.
yeah it is moving fast. I haven't heard of what business will be there. If anyone does post it here!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 12:40 PM

Speculation:

Building C is a grocery store. I've heard it may be a Sobeys. Cover page says the site will be anchored by a grocery store.
Building D could be an LCBO.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 2:48 PM

Maybe a Wynne LCBO Cannabis store as well.

Right next to the community center with the ice pads, gym etc.

Business will be smoking.....

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 3:43 PM

somewhere else on the site it says that it will be anchored by a Foodland and there will be an LCBO

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentin0 View Post
somewhere else on the site it says that it will be anchored by a Foodland and there will be an LCBO
Sure enough - you are absolutely correct!

http://websterretail.com/commercial/...tings?start=10

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 1:29 AM

Makes sense, since there is already a small Foodland store in Komoka. Wouldn't imagine it would survive if another chain opened a larger store nearby so they probably jumped at the chance.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Makes sense, since there is already a small Foodland store in Komoka. Wouldn't imagine it would survive if another chain opened a larger store nearby so they probably jumped at the chance.
They are separate businesses. You're referring to Foodtown on Komoka Rd. This is a Foodland -- one step up from Foodtown, one step down from Sobeys. To my knowledge they are mutually exclusive and the Foodland will not be run by the owners of the Foodtown.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
Speculation:

Building C is a grocery store. I've heard it may be a Sobeys. Cover page says the site will be anchored by a grocery store.
Building D could be an LCBO.
I'm the municipal Councillor for the area. I'm going to be calling Webster today to see if I can get some more info, and to see whether they've been able to attract a cafe or restaurant to the plaza. If not, I'm going to try making a few phone calls to see if we can get a nice local shop in there.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksilva View Post
They are separate businesses. You're referring to Foodtown on Komoka Rd. This is a Foodland -- one step up from Foodtown, one step down from Sobeys. To my knowledge they are mutually exclusive and the Foodland will not be run by the owners of the Foodtown.
Correct, I actually stopped by Foodtown the other week, and ran into the owner and had a brief chat. originally I thought they were moving up - but no.

Foodland is by Sobeys. Foodtown is separate and has no relationship with Sobeys/Foodland.

Foodtown is not moving over, and will remain in their current location.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 6:24 PM

I`m surprised a large plaza has developed here before. Kom/Kil has very little shopping considering their populations. This development will also draw customers from Mt.Brydges, Campbelleville, and Delaware.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I`m surprised a large plaza has developed here before. Kom/Kil has very little shopping considering their populations. This development will also draw customers from Mt.Brydges, Campbelleville, and Delaware.
I think it's the current and future population of the area and the potential business there that is causing it to be built now rather than even a few years ago. I think that Riverbend will be a customer draw as well, at least until we see what else commercial wise gets built there. I don't remember for sure without looking back at the thread, but I don't think a small grocery store is in the plans for the corner of Oxford and Westdel Bourne, so people in Riverbend might prefer the ease of a smaller grocery store a couple miles west rather than Superstore at Hyde Park or Metro in Byron. Especially if the prices are decent. Mount Brydges might provide some curiosity factor while people decide if this is any easier or worthwhile than going up to Strathroy, a similar distance away.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 10:43 AM

Progress on the grocery store is moving really well. Almost enclosed now. The other buildings are a little behind but i suspect they will be grading the parking soon in order to pave it before the snows come.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:09 PM

Parking lot grading and concrete curbing now done. Suspect the paving will be started very soon. Shell of grocery store nearly finished and should be weather tight soon.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2018, 12:15 AM

Windows on grocery store now installed. Still not paved.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 11:31 PM

Paving started today.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 8:14 PM

Exterior of the grocery store is basically done and lots of the interior equipment is installed. Wasn't aware until today that there is a Dollarama at the north end of the grocery store building, I thought the whole building was just the Foodland.

The other buildings are gradually coming along in varying states of work. The northwest building is still an open steel frame and the 2 along Glendon are closer to exterior completion.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 9:12 PM

Foodland is scheduled to open this coming Thursday, Dec 6. Dollarama will be next up, it looks like, but still a bit away.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates