HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

View Poll Results: Who are your favourite members of Calgary City Council?
Dave Bronconnier 16 33.33%
Dale Hodges 2 4.17%
Gord Lowe 2 4.17%
Helene Larocque 1 2.08%
Bob Hawkesworth 2 4.17%
Ray Jones 2 4.17%
Craig Burrows 1 2.08%
Druh Farrell 31 64.58%
Madeleine King 6 12.50%
Joe Ceci 10 20.83%
Andre Chabot 1 2.08%
Barry Erskine 4 8.33%
Ric McIver 5 10.42%
Diane Colley-Urquhart 3 6.25%
Linda Fox-Mellway 2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 3:19 AM

Ironically I'm an HVAC/Plumbing engineer who works on many of the buildings you guys cream your pants over. Many that you hate, too, come to think of it...

I'm come here for the sheer enjoyment of watching you guys moan and wail about such and such development for such and such reason. It's a hoot.

Think of it as an experiment: I'm trying to figure out what makes you fickle, effete architects tick. Consequent you should keep in mind I know very little about architectural design as such, just that at work I have to work around architects' work no matter how awful it "looks".

Your design complaints (what most of you seem to talk about) generally fly over my head, your reasoning making very little sense to me. As an example there was a discussion a while ago about some set of buildings proposed for Eau Claire: most of you complained about it's massing. I sniggered at the comments, 'cause I haven't a bloody clue what the hell 'massing' is, nor do I imagine that, had I known the term, I'd find it particularly consequential.

Druh Farrell? Still a flake, my friend. Not as bad as the douchebags on council like Diane Colley-Urquhart and Madeleine King, but a flake nonetheless. Don't take it particularly personal: I don't really like any of them anyway.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 24 View Post
Madeleine King the one with the voice, what a pain to her her wine
I know! That woman has the single most patronizing, grating-to-the-ears voice I've ever heard.

Next to that cow on CNN Headline News, that is.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 6:58 AM

93JC, this forum is about skyscrapers so please show other forumers more respect.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 2:54 PM

I came to this forum last year with a huge interest in architecture, urban planning, etc and I can honestly say that I've learned a lot from some very knowledgeable people from this forum (just to name a few: Josh White, Boris, Rob D, and many more) as well as Druh from watching City Council meetings. I value the opinions and thoughts presented by all people serious about the direction and improvement of planning for the city. This site has me actually thinking about going back to school to take courses in urban planning! Thank you everyone for your valuable input!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itom 987 View Post
93JC, this forum is about skyscrapers so please show other forumers more respect.

More respect? Did I call another member an "immature little kid"? Am I the one who said "get lost"?

Sorry, but not joining the circle-jerk over Druh "Alderbabe" () Farrell does not constitute a lack of respect for my fellow forumers.

Maybe the sarcasm over voting for Ric McIver didn't translate well.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 7:17 PM
ET: Quake Wars

I honestly don't like any of them. They never replied to my letters. Except for the new ones, don't know them enough.
Battlefield 2142: 88957820

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 7:20 PM
ET: Quake Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

More respect? Did I call another member an "immature little kid"? Am I the one who said "get lost"?

Sorry, but not joining the circle-jerk over Druh "Alderbabe" () Farrell does not constitute a lack of respect for my fellow forumers.

Maybe the sarcasm over voting for Ric McIver didn't translate well.
Whatever you do, watch out, he's a mod.

Just some advice.
Battlefield 2142: 88957820

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 8:21 PM

I noticed that earlier, and promptly deleted the paragraph suggesting fornicating with himself.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy