HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 2:47 AM
Chilean like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
If you check out the project's website, they have a flash intro with the outline of the building in the skyline - here's a screen cap

So I took the rendering you guys posted and found this similar photo on flickr by Johnny Lang and tried to squeeze it into that similar frame:

It looks high though, doesn't it?

Awesome project for Regina!
MY BAD, it wasn't Harls error but rather the websites error which Harls just copied. I don't know if its so much "deception" as much as a bad mistake but who knows.

Does ANYONE have a panorama where we can put the building in the correct spot?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:08 AM
Hmm....

This looks pretty small... but worth a try I suppose... I tried to scale the building image Harls used... This will show the overall skyline I guess. I made it the tallest one though...

But I do think the fin is supposed to point the other direction.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:14 AM

Oh wow. That is fricken nice looking! Can't wait for a clearer image, and better yet, for the cranes to show up!

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:19 AM
BANNED

Here is a pic I got from my cousin Vivian. I am not sure how to put the rendering of the building in the pic so hopefully somebody else can help me out. X marks the spot.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:19 AM
Hmm....

Fin in the other direction:

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:48 AM
Closed account

new tower

Last edited by timewilltell; Mar 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:48 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
this new tower is almost to good to be true, it says spring construction start
thanks for all the photos

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 3:53 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin View Post
I hope they only have corner SE or NE facing balconies because if they have any in the middle facing that mamoth cement wall of the building just to the east of it, that would be just sad.
It will but up right against the building formerly known as the North Canadian Oils Blg. There will be no windows or balconies on the portion of the east side that will abut that building. I believe it is 15 floors.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 6:35 AM

Nice render! Someone should throw in The Gardens on Rose and those two residential towers in Canterbury Park .

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 1:40 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Here is a pic I got from my cousin Vivian. I am not sure how to put the rendering of the building in the pic so hopefully somebody else can help me out. X marks the spot.
Ok, how's this?

or..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin
MY BAD, it wasn't Harls error but rather the websites error which Harls just copied.
Yeah, I just went by that outline on their website. usually those are not the most reliable things. Plus I don't live there, so all I can do is guess. (actually, I did live in Regina for a few months back in 2001 - gov't contract)

Nathan's pic is better than my half assed effort!

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 6:12 PM
Chilean like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
It will but up right against the building formerly known as the North Canadian Oils Blg. There will be no windows or balconies on the portion of the east side that will abut that building. I believe it is 15 floors.

So how much would a reno cost for the old North Canadian Oild Bdng to add windows to that blank wall? Could make for some nice "higher priced" new office suites facing a fabulous new hotel, haha.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin View Post
So how much would a reno cost for the old North Canadian Oild Bdng to add windows to that blank wall? Could make for some nice "higher priced" new office suites facing a fabulous new hotel, haha.
Actually the NCO Building was built that way on purpose because there is no alley next to it. The owner of the Plains Hotel site is entitled to build right to the lot line. The proposed Capital Pointe would not fit on the lot if you did not build right to the property line. Fire code does not allow highrises to have windows on a side where the building goes right to the property line or even within a certain distance.

The good news is that once CP is built, you will never see that wall again.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 9:09 PM
Chilean like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Actually the NCO Building was built that way on purpose because there is no alley next to it. The owner of the Plains Hotel site is entitled to build right to the lot line. The proposed Capital Pointe would not fit on the lot if you did not build right to the property line. Fire code does not allow highrises to have windows on a side where the building goes right to the property line or even within a certain distance.

The good news is that once CP is built, you will never see that wall again.
Darn, well I dont know how close the building will be and even if it is close, if it will be as wide as that mamoth blank wall but at least MOST of the wall should be covered once CP is built. If not, I say lets put in some fake windows

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 6:50 PM

According to an email I just recieved, the Sales Centre should be open in early spring. It's the first email they've sent since the focus group but it says that they will be sending more "noteworthy" information over the next few months.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2010, 9:17 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
According to an email I just recieved, the Sales Centre should be open in early spring. It's the first email they've sent since the focus group but it says that they will be sending more "noteworthy" information over the next few months.
So these units will go up for sale this spring?? ... please keep us in the know with any new info you receive.

I really like the design of this project.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2010, 4:21 PM

the building design seems out of place for Regina but hopefully there are more to follow.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2010, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
the building design seems out of place for Regina but hopefully there are more to follow.
When no highrises are built for 20 years, you can expect the first new one to look a bit out of place.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2010, 6:13 PM
BANNED

1 King in Toronto is the same or similar concept... small condos attached to a hotel with the expectation that condo residents will use a lot of the hotel facilities. The 1 King units are small, cutting space on kitchens and laundry as the residents are expected to use the hotel frequently for those functions. I saw somewhere that the pricing for 1 King was ~$500/ft.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 1:34 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
1 King in Toronto is the same or similar concept... small condos attached to a hotel with the expectation that condo residents will use a lot of the hotel facilities. The 1 King units are small, cutting space on kitchens and laundry as the residents are expected to use the hotel frequently for those functions. I saw somewhere that the pricing for 1 King was ~$500/ft.
If they priced like that, they would price themselves out of the Regina market. They aren't going for a super luxury type development here I don't think. From the original floorplans (they are bound to have changed with the change in the external design), the kitchens were normal sized IMO... laundry, however, was not in the floorplan, so you are probably right on that part.

The Gardens on Rose development is aiming to catch the executive suite market. Capital Pointe is probably aiming for some middle class along with the upper class buyers; at least from the sounds of the ad ($199,000 to over $1 million).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan