HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

View Poll Results: Who are you choosing for mayor this election?
Nenshi 50 54.95%
Smith 26 28.57%
Chabot 2 2.20%
Undecided 13 14.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 9:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by outoftheice View Post
New poll shows Bill Smith in the lead in the race for mayor.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2017/09/29...two-horse-race
Poll commissioned by Smith supporters at Ken's former digs with pre-selection guidelines for poll participants. Target was not Nenshi, but fact that some were choosing Chabot rather than #NeoCitranHaze candidate.

Don't be fooled. Alternate poll is suggesting that Chabot is gaining on BS. Little surprised that BS would pull this on Chabot.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Vote splitting might be the only thing to save Nenshi but a lot can happen in the last weeks. I expect this to get very nasty with the media/press doing whatever they can to destroy Smith.

Which might help his candidacy.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_yyc_ca View Post
That and even these numbers here are bad. He's in the lead here, barely..but this is not a conservative site, and that large number of undecided are voters probably not voting for Nenshi. They're waiting to decide between Smith and Chabot.
I disagree with this assessment.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Poll commissioned by Smith supporters at Ken's former digs with pre-selection guidelines for poll participants. Target was not Nenshi, but fact that some were choosing Chabot rather than #NeoCitranHaze candidate.

Don't be fooled. Alternate poll is suggesting that Chabot is gaining on BS. Little surprised that BS would pull this on Chabot.
Who's behind this alternate poll? Is it Nenshi's old polling buddy Brian Singh? When is Carter going to admit he's working behind the scenes for Nenshi?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyd View Post
I disagree with this assessment.
As someone supporting Nenshi I agree with the assessment and I’m concerned, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Nenshi’s people are concerned. I don’t think all of the undecided are anti-Nenshi, but if you’re undecided at this point then you’re probably wanting someone other than Nenshi. Studies have shown that undecided voters don’t favour the incumbent.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:

All other polls are showing Smith as the main opponent. In the end this looks to be shaping up as a two man race.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 4:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsus View Post
All other polls are showing Smith as the main opponent. In the end this looks to be shaping up as a two man race.
Apparently, this was the third poll done by this polster. They kept on showing Nenshi ahead, so PostMedia kept saying to go back and change the question, till it skewed to Smith, and then they published.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Apparently, this was the third poll done by this polster. They kept on showing Nenshi ahead, so PostMedia kept saying to go back and change the question, till it skewed to Smith, and then they published.
Where's the link to the other polls?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 6:28 PM

Many of these "polls" are just campaign advertising. They're skewed to promote a candidate (usually without mentioning who) and stir up some muck (like the ward 8 one with the question that begins "Wooley supports a safe-injection site in your community..."). Publishing the results of these robo-calls as polling data is ridiculous.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg66 View Post
Where's the link to the other polls?
Suburbia must have been tasked with spreading misinformation. Other Nenshi supporters (insiders?) have been slamming the validity of the poll since it came out. The facts are that Nenshi's approval ratings have been in a free fall drop since early this year, and Ken King and CSEC have nothing to do with the poll. No reputable polling company is going to risk it's reputation doing rigged polls. If the Nenshi camp wants rigged numbers they should get Brian Singh to do one for them.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 7:03 PM

Quote:
For me it's anyone but Nenshi. Sometimes people don't need specific policies to vote someone in, only reasons to vote someone out.
I voted for Nenshi the first two elections, but he has soured on me. One particular event sealed it. I was at a remembrance day event where he was speaking, and he went on to talk about people's freedoms, and was going on about the Niqab (something he really didn't need to bring up at a remembrance day event), and it was something I was ambivalent about, but he mentioned it a couple of times, and then mentioned that veterans had fought so that people in Canada could have the freedom to wear a Niqab. I'm pretty sure veterans weren't over there fighting so that husbands could make women wear a bedsheet over their face. What a fucking asshole.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post
For me it's anyone but Nenshi. Sometimes people don't need specific policies to vote someone in, only reasons to vote someone out.
I voted for Nenshi the first two elections, but he has soured on me. One particular event sealed it. I was at a remembrance day event where he was speaking, and he went on to talk about people's freedoms, and was going on about the Niqab (something he really didn't need to bring up at a remembrance day event), and it was something I was ambivalent about, but he mentioned it a couple of times, and then mentioned that veterans had fought so that people in Canada could have the freedom to wear a Niqab. I'm pretty sure veterans weren't over there fighting so that husbands could make women wear a bedsheet over their face. What a fucking asshole.
White trash.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 7:26 PM

Quote:
As someone supporting Nenshi I agree with the assessment and I’m concerned, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Nenshi’s people are concerned. I don’t think all of the undecided are anti-Nenshi, but if you’re undecided at this point then you’re probably wanting someone other than Nenshi. Studies have shown that undecided voters don’t favour the incumbent.
I was undecided, thinking it was time for a change. Seeing the alternatives, I have chosen to stay with Nenshi. Most of Councils problems are not his fault.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 7:56 PM

I would discount anything Suburbia has to say about the election, he's Ismaili, just like Nenshi, so he'll agree with whatever Nenshi says or does no matter what.

Quote:
Suburbia must have been tasked with spreading misinformation. Other Nenshi supporters (insiders?) have been slamming the validity of the poll since it came out. The facts are that Nenshi's approval ratings have been in a free fall drop since early this year, and Ken King and CSEC have nothing to do with the poll. No reputable polling company is going to risk it's reputation doing rigged polls. If the Nenshi camp wants rigged numbers they should get Brian Singh to do one for them.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 8:01 PM

And that's been the downfall of Nenshi. He has some good policies but not good tact. Tying the niquab issue to veterans is definitely in poor taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I would discount anything Suburbia has to say about the election, he's Ismaili, just like Nenshi, so he'll agree with whatever Nenshi says or does no matter what.
I had no idea.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 8:16 PM

Quote:
And that's been the downfall of Nenshi. He has some good policies but not good tact. Tying the niquab issue to veterans is definitely in poor taste.
True. His attitude and constant talking down to those who don't agree with him have turned off a lot of people. I think he OD'd on his own Kool Aid and it sure didn't help that the media treated him like he was a rock star. He got super cocky when he "won" that stupid best mayor in the world award.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 8:27 PM

Quote:
True. His attitude and constant talking down to those who don't agree with him have turned off a lot of people. I think he OD'd on his own Kool Aid and it sure didn't help that the media treated him like he was a rock star. He got super cocky when he "won" that stupid best mayor in the world award.
He started out well IMO, but it's been a slide. It always seems to be the way in politics.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 8:34 PM

Quote:
I think it would be better for Nenshi if Suburbia won't on silent mode for a while. He's not helping the campaign. Whether he truly likes Nenshi's policies are not he comes across as a bootlicker supporting him for the reasons you mentioned.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 9:06 PM
Fake News

Quote:
I wasn't asking a generic question, rather was asking western spaghetti specifically, who out of the many candidates, selected a particular one to vote for who he him/herself stated hadn't put out any substantive policy.

It is because a bunch of billionaires have decided he'd be best (and easiest to manipulate). He is the Bettman/Murray candidate (IE people who do not pay Canadian taxes).

#NeoCitranHaze

#donkers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy