HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 7:06 PM

Does anyone know how they're planning to address traffic flow within this development? We all know what a nightmare it can be to navigate through the Domain as both a driver and pedestrian, so I hope we apply some lessons learned here. I would love to see bike lanes, better traffic flow hopefully with some traffic lights or pedestrian crossing, etc.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 8:31 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixcity View Post
It could be, but looking at the map, it appears to be where the street John S. Chase Trail is. It may be a precursor to the Chase for construction access since Gault Ln. can't really be closed down.
Do neither of those residential buildings have retail there? They could capture a lot of people who then wouldn't have to cross Burnet to get to dining etc...
According to that interactive site plan it looks like Blocks B and D will have retail and entertainment but there's no mention of it in the Chase at Uptown. I'd imagine those plans are somewhat fluid so we'll see

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 8:38 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchaaa View Post
Does anyone know how they're planning to address traffic flow within this development? We all know what a nightmare it can be to navigate through the Domain as both a driver and pedestrian, so I hope we apply some lessons learned here. I would love to see bike lanes, better traffic flow hopefully with some traffic lights or pedestrian crossing, etc.
I try to avoid driving anywhere near those interior roads at peak times. Not sure how viable this is but I think they should just close off those streets to vehicular traffic during the peak hours. It's best to just approach from the periphery to find spaces in the outer parking garages. For instance if I plan to visit the Northside district I'll approach from Burnet Road and park in the Nordstrom parking garage (at the very edge of the district).

Old Posted Mar 30, 2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopacs View Post
I try to avoid driving anywhere near those interior roads at peak times. Not sure how viable this is but I think they should just close off those streets to vehicular traffic during the peak hours. It's best to just approach from the periphery to find spaces in the outer parking garages. For instance if I plan to visit the Northside district I'll approach from Burnet Road and park in the Nordstrom parking garage (at the very edge of the district).
Normally I'd totally agree, but don't you think that kinda creates more of a suburban situation? I'm the last person to advocate for total car culture, but having a better system and flow of lights seem vital for Domian to expand and not be just a mall.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2022, 10:19 PM

More info on the future blocks of Uptown ATX

https://www.e-architect.com/america/...y-austin-texas

Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 1:10 PM

I can confirm that the Chase building is undergoing site prep. The fence that was there previously has been stretched all the way down to Gault and the sad removal of trees has begun. I'm guessing they are building the new street/entrance and the Chase together at the same time.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixcity View Post
I can confirm that the Chase building is undergoing site prep. The fence that was there previously has been stretched all the way down to Gault and the sad removal of trees has begun. I'm guessing they are building the new street/entrance and the Chase together at the same time.
It IS a sad removal of trees. I love this development generally, but the tree slaughter is pretty depressing. No real way around it, either, IMO.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 7:22 PM

I was in the office today and took some pictures of the construction

One Uptown:

Site prep for The Chase:

They've also cleared the field just north of the South parking garage.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 7:48 PM

Very nice first post.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Very nice first post.
Thanks! I've been lurking here for a few months and decided it was a good opportunity to join in on the fun

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 7:32 AM

Here’s a good image of the hotel proposed for Block D at Uptown ATX. Lake Flato is behind the design.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 7:03 PM

One Uptown 12/08/2022

They started putting glass on the bottom floors

The office building still has a few floors to go and the apartment building around the back is coming along nicely too.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 4:44 PM

Brandywine Realty Trust via LinkedIn

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 1:02 AM

Here's the view from Palm Way and Burnet. I think it's pretty attractive as far as domain office buildings go.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 1:15 AM

I drove by this building on Burnet Rd a few weeks ago, and the first word that came to my mind was texture. This building pops with color and texture. I remember when the first renderings came out I wasn't that impressed. But that changed when I saw it in person. That and that it's on the east side of Burnet and so close to it.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 6:15 PM
World Traveler

^^ Texture is the perfect word for it. I was admiring it when I drove by recently as well.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
That and that it's on the east side of Burnet and so close to it.
Yup it definitely helps that it's up pretty close to the road, and that it isn't turning it's back on Burnet like a lot of the buildings in the Domain. Assuming the other projects in the plan end up doing the same (and look as nice too) it will really stitch the two areas together nicely. It'll help make the walk from the eventual red line station into the Domain feel a little less like crossing a highway too.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 8:14 PM
World Traveler

^^ On that note, and I'm not trying to turn this into a transportation topic, are there any plans to redevelop Burnet Road as an urban roadway with a median, cut-out turn lanes, trees, etc.? That would change the feel of the whole area as well.

I've thought about that all up and down Burnet (from ~45th street north to the Domain) where it's 4-lanes. As more urban development comes, it would be nice. Wouldn't be needed everywhere, perhaps, but by the Domain and Uptown ATX, it would surely add aesthetic appeal if not improved functionality.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
^^ On that note, and I'm not trying to turn this into a transportation topic, are there any plans to redevelop Burnet Road as an urban roadway with a median, cut-out turn lanes, trees, etc.? That would change the feel of the whole area as well.

I've thought about that all up and down Burnet (from ~45th street north to the Domain) where it's 4-lanes. As more urban development comes, it would be nice. Wouldn't be needed everywhere, perhaps, but by the Domain and Uptown ATX, it would surely add aesthetic appeal if not improved functionality.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...51390e8bb05fbe

https://app.e-builder.net/public/fileview_fileview_act.aspx?portaltype=7&o={7bf6d38c-d67e-4fd9-ad73-f6e6cc321d6c}

though it looks like the medians in the Domain section have been scoped out, presumably because they still plan to come through and widen to 6 lanes at some point (though we need to fight for those to be bus lanes like in the original plan, not general purpose).

Old Posted Aug 2, 2023, 3:39 AM

[IMG]DJI_0428-HDR by Jason Luebbe, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DJI_0388-HDR-Pano by Jason Luebbe, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DJI_0363-HDR by Jason Luebbe, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DJI_0348-HDR by Jason Luebbe, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMG_7295 by Jason Luebbe, on Flickr[/IMG]

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin