HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 6:30 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
Posting watermelon videos, eh? I would encourage you to join the legion of Saskatchewan expats nation-wide in cheering for their Team.
Fixed that for you.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Posting watermelon videos, eh? I would encourage you to join the legion of Roughriders fans nation-wide in cheering for Canada's Team.
By the time the Banjo Bowl is over, the hospitals in Saskatchewan will be overflowing with people who injured themselves jumping off the Rider bandwagon... muahahaha

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 6:39 PM

Quote:
I would encourage you to join the legion of Roughriders fans nation-wide in cheering for Canada's Team.
The Maple Leafs? Can't stand them, I'll have to pass on this one.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 PM

Going to be an epic battle tonight! Go Riders Go! But my hope is for Winnipeg to Visit the Riders in the West Final here in Regina, Rematch of the Labour Day Game!

5-1 though (glad to see Willy is a great QB so far)

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 7:49 PM

For my first contact with the new stadium I did not think its fan friendly place on game days.

Had to take a buddy there today to replace his season ticket card as his wallet (including his drivers license) went missing over the weekend and had to endure some grumpy guy in a reflective vest and golf cart asking us what our business was as we pulled in the front lot visitors parking before lunch.

You think if they needed somebody there in the entrance to the lot to control the hoards of fans descending on the stadium to buy game day gear and tickets, they would have somebody that would smile and point you to the Bomber store and guest services.

Once inside though the Guest Services staff were more than helpful in replacing his card, but they could probably have used more than two staff as the telephone constantly kept ringing with ticket holders needing help.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Originally Posted by wacko
I would encourage you to join the legion of Roughriders fans nation-wide in cheering for Canada's Team.
The Maple Leafs? Can't stand them, I'll have to pass on this one.
Don't think that's quite right either. At least not based on these recent survey results:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...says-1.2728802

I'd say the Riders show pretty damned well.

Survey categories:

Most Respected:
1.Montreal Canadiens
2.Saskatchewan Roughriders
3.​Toronto Blue Jays
4.Montreal Alouettes

Perception of Popularity:
1.Montreal Canadiens
2.​Saskatchewan Roughriders
3.Toronto Maple Leafs
4.Montreal Alouettes

Perception of Most Loyal Fans:
1.Montreal Canadiens
3.Toronto Maple Leafs
4.Toronto Raptors

Perception of Best Stadium/Atmosphere:
1.Montreal Canadiens
3.Toronto Maple Leafs
4.Toronto Raptors and Montreal Alouettes (tie)

First Brand that Comes to Mind:
1.Toronto Blue Jays
2.Montreal Canadiens
3.Toronto Maple Leafs
4.Toronto Raptors

Canadian Professional Sports Brand Ranking:
1.Montreal Canadiens
2.Toronto Maple Leafs
3.Saskatchewan Roughriders
4.Toronto Blue Jays

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Don't think that's quite right either. At least not based on these recent survey results:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...says-1.2728802

I'd say the Riders show pretty damned well.
Survey categories:

Most Respected:
1.Montreal Canadiens

Perception of Popularity:
1.Montreal Canadiens

Perception of Most Loyal Fans:
1.Montreal Canadiens

Perception of Best Stadium/Atmosphere:
1.Montreal Canadiens

First Brand that Comes to Mind:
1.Toronto Blue Jays
2.Montreal Canadiens

Canadian Professional Sports Brand Ranking:
1.Montreal Canadiens
2.Toronto Maple Leafs

Ooops I meant the Montreal Canadiens, Canada's Team. Still not interested in rooting for the Canadiens. Sorry I'll pass on the Rough Riders as Canada's team. Thanks for the stats to prove it.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 3:59 PM

Seemed more like the reverse... Chick running over Willy.

Willy wasn't bad, over 300 yards passing, but he was also responsible for 4 of the Bombers' 6 turnovers. Durant had a subpar game, just didn't look right, but he also didn't commit any turnovers. Penalties were our big nemesis last night, I know what Chamblin's gonna be talking about to his players this coming week. Between that and the Rider offence not moving the ball, I really thought we were gonna lose the game for sure. Fortunately our defence bailed us out, a total of 20 points off turnovers.

Better luck next time, Bombers. See you at the Labour Day Classic!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Ooops I meant the Montreal Canadiens, Canada's Team. Still not interested in rooting for the Canadiens. Sorry I'll pass on the Rough Riders as Canada's team. Thanks for the stats to prove it.

As a roughrider fan I agree that the Canadiens are Canada's team (and the Maple Leafs are Canada's nightmare).

Good game last night Bombers! glad for Wpg fans that you have a real team this year instead of the 12 similarly dressed people you had last year.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 6:17 PM

That was such a great game. Sucks we lost but Rider-Bomber games where the leads switch over are just awesome, especially when the two teams are both good

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Seemed more like the reverse... Chick running over Willy.

Willy wasn't bad, over 300 yards passing, but he was also responsible for 4 of the Bombers' 6 turnovers. Durant had a subpar game, just didn't look right, but he also didn't commit any turnovers. Penalties were our big nemesis last night, I know what Chamblin's gonna be talking about to his players this coming week. Between that and the Rider offence not moving the ball, I really thought we were gonna lose the game for sure. Fortunately our defence bailed us out, a total of 20 points off turnovers.

Better luck next time, Bombers. See you at the Labour Day Classic!
Looking forward to the 2 games to follow. Your D came up big, we turned the ball over too many times. Hopeing for a good one at the LDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
As a roughrider fan I agree that the Canadiens are Canada's team (and the Maple Leafs are Canada's nightmare).

Good game last night Bombers! glad for Wpg fans that you have a real team this year instead of the 12 similarly dressed people you had last year.
Yes , I agree.

Thanks for the post. Let's hope for a couple more exciting games between our clubs this year. Well done by the Riders in the last quarter. Close but not close enough.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 9:54 PM

Pretty entertaining 2nd half after a relatively boring 1st half. As noted before, the Riders D won them the game. It s pretty disappointing when your team is up 5-0 in the turnover battle and the end result is still in doubt until the last play of the game.

Cyro, the stats posted were in response to your implication that the Maple Leafs were Canada's team. No argument that the Canadiens are the most widely loved (and reviled) of all of Canada's sports teams.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 10:45 PM

The Bomber offense really let the defense down terribly. They could sue them for throwing the game away :-(

No way on earth the Montreal Canadians are my team in any way, shape or style.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 5:28 PM

Quote:

Cyro, the stats posted were in response to your implication that the Maple Leafs were Canada's team. No argument that the Canadiens are the most widely loved (and reviled) of all of Canada's sports teams.
All cool, I understand your reasoning.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 2:28 PM

Pretty entertaining game against the Argos last night, at least for the first 3-1/2 quarters. The short turnaround may have hurt the Bombers as it looked like they just ran out of gas near the end of the game. They're still a good team, but the offensive line needs some help if Willy is going to avoid injury all year.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 3:30 PM

Didn't catch the last couple games. But from what I've seen the rest of the season, O-line was pretty bad. The rest of the team seems to be doing fairly well!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Didn't catch the last couple games. But from what I've seen the rest of the season, O-line was pretty bad. The rest of the team seems to be doing fairly well!
O-Line is better this season, but it lacks depth... injuries have been an issue, which is a little ominous considering it's only August.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Pretty entertaining game against the Argos last night, at least for the first 3-1/2 quarters. The short turnaround may have hurt the Bombers as it looked like they just ran out of gas near the end of the game. They're still a good team, but the offensive line needs some help if Willy is going to avoid injury all year.
The Bombers seriously need to reconsider calling QB draws for Willy - its a bit like using your new iphone to pound a nail (works in a pinch but not designed or built for that task).

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
The Bombers seriously need to reconsider calling QB draws for Willy - its a bit like using your new iphone to pound a nail (works in a pinch but not designed or built for that task).
I agree and believe this was always the case coming from the coaching staff. Willy was always a drop back, scramble, pocket passer. This is his strength imo. Someday he may be elite at it. Time will tell.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 7:01 PM

Mega Image

-Freep

Thoughts? Closeup anyway. Like/Not Like. Tomorrow is the actual release of the whole uni.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan