HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 5, 2012, 5:41 AM
Heart of the Continent

snif snif...I guess that means no London flight for me:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2358591/

At least not on that...probably not on anything, lol.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2012, 5:52 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
snif snif...I guess that means no London flight for me:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2358591/

At least not on that...probably not on anything, lol.
...and yet, Winnipeg gets snubbed... again!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 1:10 AM
Heart of the Continent

Why would there be an Air Canada flight 7022 (and what does the 7 mean?) from Washington Dulles to Winnipeg that arrived at 5:50 today? As far as I can tell, only passenger flights involving the main WAA terminal appear on their flight information website.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 1:11 AM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
...and yet, Winnipeg gets snubbed... again!
The 7 airports with more passengers are getting the aircraft for flights...I guess we're just not quite big enough (passenger wise), and we're not really expected to be.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 2:51 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Why would there be an Air Canada flight 7022 (and what does the 7 mean?) from Washington Dulles to Winnipeg that arrived at 5:50 today? As far as I can tell, only passenger flights involving the main WAA terminal appear on their flight information website.
Winnipeg to DC flights?!?! Oh wow

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 3:02 AM

That could that be the flight for the Washington capitals hockey team....they do have a game Friday night against the Winnipeg Jets.

Lets not get our hopes out yet...I'm hoping the Jets win this Friday however.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 3:04 AM
Heart of the Continent

I'm guessing the 7 must mean that it's a charter flight, and that would make sense. It arrived almost 2 hours early. I'm surprised that a hockey team would use the main terminal.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 6:34 PM

believe it or not but ya most of the hockey teams use our terminal. the jets always go through and check in by the statue

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 7:55 PM
jammon member

My understanding is that some teams charter through AC and others via Delta and other airlines. I have a friend at the airport that ushers in a lot of the Air Canada flights for teams that use AC. I think he said the Red Wings use AC as well. I was amazed to hear though how spoiled these guys are. They have attendants whose sole responsibilty is to make sure these guys get what they want. He was telling me that they have credit accounts for up to $25K so that the players can get what they need. It's really quite crazy.

On another note, I am hoping we add some new flights soon to the US. I am finding it very expensive these days to travel to the US. Not to mention all these "fabulous" milk runs. I went to Seattle and stopped in Minneapolis, SLC and then Seattle. I travelled a whole day!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 8:39 PM
Heart of the Continent

The problem is, there's no competition. Only Delta flies to Minneapolis, and only United flies to Chicago and Denver. I can fly to Toronto and back for under $500 often, but it costs in the range of $700 to go to Chicago.

There actually used to be flights to Salt Lake City, but obviously, the demand wasn't high enough.

Edit: I actually missed the Wesjet flights to Las Vegas, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Orlando, but, as those are direct flights to vacation destinations, they don't save you any money, and again, are only served directly be one airline.

Last edited by jmt18325; Mar 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 9:05 PM
Heart of the Continent

Oh, and just to add, they either need more flights or bigger jets to Minneapolis at certain times of day. In the morning and evening, the CRJ 200s are completely full.

Edit: Winnipeg JAR is MSPs 5th busiest international route.

Last edited by jmt18325; Mar 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 2:09 AM
Heart of the Continent

Since I don't see anything on their website anymore about flights to Winnipeg, I'm guessing Iceland Express isn't coming back again?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 2:44 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

I'm looking forward to my trip to Sydney from the new terminal in the next 3 months.

There's nothing quite like having your face buried between the legs of a girl from down under.

Besides, all of this talk is making me hungry for Oysters.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 6:28 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
I'm looking forward to my trip to Sydney from the new terminal in the next 3 months.

There's nothing quite like having your face buried between the legs of a girl from down under.

Besides, all of this talk is making me hungry for Oysters.
This is like the best post I've read all night!!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammon View Post
My understanding is that some teams charter through AC and others via Delta and other airlines. I have a friend at the airport that ushers in a lot of the Air Canada flights for teams that use AC. I think he said the Red Wings use AC as well. I was amazed to hear though how spoiled these guys are. They have attendants whose sole responsibilty is to make sure these guys get what they want. He was telling me that they have credit accounts for up to $25K so that the players can get what they need. It's really quite crazy.

On another note, I am hoping we add some new flights soon to the US. I am finding it very expensive these days to travel to the US. Not to mention all these "fabulous" milk runs. I went to Seattle and stopped in Minneapolis, SLC and then Seattle. I travelled a whole day!

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2009/...ve-air-support

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Since I don't see anything on their website anymore about flights to Winnipeg, I'm guessing Iceland Express isn't coming back again?
They're too busy converting their prices to Canadian Dollars.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 4:09 PM

yea they cancelled their charters for all north american cities, sucks because now i have to fly air canada out of toronto to get to reykjavik this summer and its gonna be a hell of a lot more expensive and a pain in the ass then those sweet direct flights from winnipeg.......o well its still SOOOOOO WORTH IT

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 6:04 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpenner View Post
yea they cancelled their charters for all north american cities, sucks because now i have to fly air canada out of toronto to get to reykjavik this summer and its gonna be a hell of a lot more expensive and a pain in the ass then those sweet direct flights from winnipeg.......o well its still SOOOOOO WORTH IT
Guess we wont be seeing this guy then:

And if no one knows who he is, please search up Iron Maiden on YouTube!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 10:50 PM
Heart of the Continent

That really sucks. Can we please get some kind of European service? At least for the summer? Please?

Copenhagen, one of the places you could fly to on Iceland express, was perfect for a potential cruise or rail tour of Scandinavia.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Oh, and just to add, they either need more flights or bigger jets to Minneapolis at certain times of day. In the morning and evening, the CRJ 200s are completely full.

Edit: Winnipeg JAR is MSPs 5th busiest international route.
one of my good friends works at Delta and she has said they have been begging for bigger aircraft but as far as they have been told Delta won't do it. Delta has said they should be happy that they get 6 flights a day versus the two flights that the other Western Canada cities get to MSP.
And Delta has also said that any city that is two-four hours or more in flight something like that will get dual class planes so Winnipeg doesnt fall into that because its a short 55min flight. But you see cities like Fargo and Bismark and soon to be Minot get A320 and MD80's because there is buisness in those American cities even though Winnipeg is like the Delta hub for Canada other then Toronto. maybe the WestJet code shares will help Winnipeg because she has said they get a dump load of people connecting from WestJet to Delta on their flights now.
and ya Salt Lake City didnt work, Detroit was just a seasonal flight for hunters back in the Northwest days and the WAA asked Delta to do a JFK or LaGuardia flights becuase of there expansion in New York but they said no. but she has said that Atlanta would be the perfect city for Winnipeg. she has said that over half of every flight has people going to Atlanta. who would of thought Winnipeg and Atlanta would have so much business.
wow that was a good rant about Delta haha.
happy st. patricks day

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan