HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 12:11 AM
I am a typical

You can't use "haha, I was shitfaced!" as an excuse for bad behaviour forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
A local skating rink is offering free ice skating during this heat wave. Well, I don't really know how to skate.....I wonder if anyone would be offended if I went down there just to roll around naked on the ice.
Just call it a "naked roll on the ice for charity" and people will admire you for it.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 12:59 AM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Just call it a "naked roll on the ice for charity" and people will admire you for it.
I'm guessing people will give lots of money just to get my naked ass off the ice?

It's down to 89° and they say the dew points are lower. I can't really tell yet.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 1:22 AM
E pluribus unum

Sorry, but the dry air has lowered my tolerance for humidity. 89 in Cincinnati is fucking miserable compared to 89 in Phoenix

And as a diabetic, I tend to sweat more anyway. Its only 81 here in Flagstaff with low humidity and a nice breeze, but I'm sweating regardless.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 2:00 AM
Bah!

I've been in Phoenix when it was 112° and remember wearing long pants and sleeves to keep from getting burnt. I didn't sweat at all.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 4:33 AM

My A/C just went out. But I'm going to thank my parents for pressuring me into getting an end unit on a high floor, despite smaller square footage. I got a blasting cross wind coming through 3 sides of the apt that is knocking sh!t over. It's just this humidity that is hell. I do just fine when it's high but dry temps in LA

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 8:37 AM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You can't use "haha, I was shitfaced!" as an excuse for bad behaviour forever...
Does, "i have a drinking problem." work better?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
Nice. Stick with South Florida and you will be in good company.
After my days in the Navy stationed in Mayport, I'm pretty sure I'm still banned from entering the state.

As far as rockyi+ice skates+naked, I can forsee no good results coming out of that combo.
Perhaps stealing a slurpee machine and filling the bathtub with your favorite flavor, then slipping into the freezing fun would be a better alternative.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 5:14 PM
E pluribus unum

See, I don't like consuming things that I know have touched my privates.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 7:08 PM
Uncle Grandpa

Stood at a stoplight waiting to cross the street at lunch today. This big guy standing next to me looks like he could be Brendan Fraser's twin. He came out of the Conrad Hotel. He was wearing jeans, t-shirt, and a ball cap that had some "we remember 9/11" writing on it. He was carrying a nice black leather bag and he smelled good. He also had freakishly long fingers. He sauntered when he walked.

It's funny what you can remember about a person when you want to.

I go into the mall and look on IMDB and see he is from Indianapolis. Fuck, that WAS him! Surely I can't be the only one who recognized him walking down a busy street?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 2:01 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
Does, "i have a drinking problem." work better?
Yes, people will pity you and allow you to do whatever you want.

Speaking of drinking problems, the guy in our AlAnon Family Groups commercials looks stoned.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 2:45 AM
Bah!

It started raining and thundering an hour or two ago and there's still a line of storms marching straight at us. The temp has dropped to 83°.....It's like heaven. I'm guessing when it's all over and it heats up again tomorrow we'll pay the price when the humidity goes up to 95% but for now, it's heaven.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 5:18 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

In my case, drinking has had three stages...

- when i was really young through college, i'd binge drink, then sometimes puke.
- later, i'd binge drink or not always binge drink, and hold it and myself together fine, hangovers not too bad.
- even later, i'd always binge drink and it would screw up my mood, and my guts could hold way too much more booze than my brain could handle, enter the bad place. i'd need to drink to handle the downward spiral of my moods, brought on by the binge drinking all the time. the hangovers are worse.

now, i lift weights (i despise running), don't drink anything in any amount for 4-5 day stretches, and my mood is much better. Fortunately i can still drink socially, and even binge drink with friends every once in a while (hey, im a midwesterner). It's not a party if it's everyday. If I get into a spiral of drinking, especially around st. pats and mardi gras, called the drinking season in st. louis, I usually don't drink for a month - the snowball effects heavy drinking has on my mood is worse than the hangovers.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 7:15 PM
E pluribus unum

I hardly drink at all anymore. But being diabetic, my body gets all kinds of fucked up when alcohol gets into my system, only I was able to handle it better when I was 21-22 (aka, junior and senior year of college).

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
I hardly drink at all anymore. But being diabetic, my body gets all kinds of fucked up when alcohol gets into my system, only I was able to handle it better when I was 21-22 (aka, junior and senior year of college).
I had a diabetic roommate who had an insulin implant deal that would trip into alarm mode - he was in a fraternity that took drinking to an abstract art form - i'd have to hit the button almost every morning (i don't know what it did) because i couldnt wake him up to take care of himself. i don't know how he didn't pass away.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM
E pluribus unum

^Sounds like an insulin pump. Mine sets off all kinds of alarms when it can't deliver insulin (usually because of crimped tubing or something wrong with the infusion site).

I too was in a fraternity (college midlife crisis), but got out of having to consume anything questionable by playing the diabetic card.

I was the only pledge to make it through the process completely sober (I drove everyone around, so getting a DUI wasn't a risk I was willing to take), save for initiation day when I threw out my back and was hepped up on muscle relaxers and vicodin.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
^Sounds like an insulin pump. Mine sets off all kinds of alarms when it can't deliver insulin (usually because of crimped tubing or something wrong with the infusion site).

I too was in a fraternity (college midlife crisis), but got out of having to consume anything questionable by playing the diabetic card.

I was the only pledge to make it through the process completely sober (I drove everyone around, so getting a DUI wasn't a risk I was willing to take), save for initiation day when I threw out my back and was hepped up on muscle relaxers and vicodin.
Ah, well the dude drank like a fish. Before he got the pump he left his needles laying around the room and occasionally would fall asleep with one in him (drunk) - so that was an upgrade for both of us...he looked like a smackhead when he did that.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 10:15 PM
Bah!

I will have a few beers during one of our many street-fests throughout the summer or when I'm at my brothers house or every once in a while when my old friends get together but I can also go months without a drop. Drinking to excess was fun as a young person, if I still did it now it would be kind of sad and pathetic.....plus drinking and driving isn't something I want to get caught doing.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 11:43 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Ah, well the dude drank like a fish. Before he got the pump he left his needles laying around the room and occasionally would fall asleep with one in him (drunk) - so that was an upgrade for both of us...he looked like a smackhead when he did that.
Jesus...I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a responsible diabetic, but I can't even fathom falling asleep with a syringe still in me, no matter how shitfaced I am.

Hell, I once had to re-insert my pump a mere twenty minutes into recovery after a major surgery (while chock-full of morphine). I vaguely recall it being a frustrating experience...

Old Posted Jul 23, 2011, 5:13 AM

I do love the state of Michigan, probably above any other state. Now cities are a different story: i like to think I live in a City-State.

All hail Michigan; the weird shit or place people go when they are drunk.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2011, 6:48 AM
I like this much better

Quote:
In my case, drinking has had three stages...

- when i was really young through college, i'd binge drink, then sometimes puke.
- later, i'd binge drink or not always binge drink, and hold it and myself together fine, hangovers not too bad.
- even later, i'd always binge drink and it would screw up my mood, and my guts could hold way too much more booze than my brain could handle, enter the bad place. i'd need to drink to handle the downward spiral of my moods, brought on by the binge drinking all the time. the hangovers are worse.

now, i lift weights (i despise running), don't drink anything in any amount for 4-5 day stretches, and my mood is much better. Fortunately i can still drink socially, and even binge drink with friends every once in a while (hey, im a midwesterner). It's not a party if it's everyday. If I get into a spiral of drinking, especially around st. pats and mardi gras, called the drinking season in st. louis, I usually don't drink for a month - the snowball effects heavy drinking has on my mood is worse than the hangovers.
yeah see, i recognize that a lot.

with me, though, a lot of times, its hard because i'll just be really fucking lonely, and really bored, so instead of staying in (which if i'm alone i find to be hell, as tonight is), i go out and get wasted. i've been a lot more active, lately, too. just been a drunk month, really. friend came to visit over the 4th and we partied all the time, then it was supposed to be a slow week but my buddies girlfriend had a lingerie show at this club so we got shitfaced, then that weekend was just about the same. those wednesday night cruisers parties are always a shit show, and my birthday was a few wednesdays ago, too. of course, i got stood up and when i realized that, just completely got hammered.

basically, i've drank like a fucking fish since i got out of the military and my wife left. funny, too, i had just read some shit where the advice was (to a man whose wife had cheated on him) to get support, be around your friends who will listen, and that all of that is very important. funny, i had, literally, none of that.

i was gonna go drink tonight, but the girl who wanted to hang out and told me to text her when i got back downtown never fucking did, and i was just waiting for her to get back to me so i could shower up and head out (was playing in the rapids all day - worn out), so yeah, here i fucking am, la dee fucking da.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest