HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfan View Post
Also, SDCAL I respect your opinion! Just to be clear and affirmative.
Thanks, sdfan.

aerogt3, I'm not going to go down a rabbit hole arguing, nobody wants to read that here people want updates on the new projects coming up. My point was that supply and demand ALONE isn't the answer, there should be a combination of things and some of the regulations and programs you hate might actually work better and as intended when coupled along with increasing supply. If you disagree then fine we disagree.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
LA's downtown megaproject Metropolis gets built on.... The 110 Parking lot. SD's megaproject which is bigger gets built on our gorgeous waterfront

Can you guys imagine the Kettner Corridor once the Manchester Project plus the BOSA tower across from Pacific Gate is built, which hopefully will break ground soon, and a tower at Office Depot lot! Holy crap that is going to one impressive cluster of buildings all in a row like that like our version of downtown Miami or Vancouver.

Is this the largest waterfront project to ever be built on the West Coast of North America? Frankly I can't think of another downtown project in any Western City that is larger than ManchesterPacGate.

Whats this tower at the Office Depot lot you speak of?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 11:59 PM
Babylon falling

Bosa owns the lot north of Broadway across from pacific gate he plans a 45 floor tower hopefully breaking ground later this year or early 2018. His company also controls the Office Depot lot and that should be the next tower in line. I'm guessing the parcel at 1st and Island (Bosa) is last hopefully he sells it to someone who wants to build sooner.

Just to update the other parcel Nat Bosa holds is the block project at 7th and Broadway rumored to break ground this year.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 2:28 AM
SD/OC

Can't believe that Navy Broadway Complex is finally breaking ground. Almost doesn't feel real. Break out the champagne...

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 3:18 AM
SD/OC

East Village building boom taking steam...

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topic...building-boom/

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 3:46 PM
Frequent Lurker

Hope this project moves forward:

Tijuana megaproject, Bajalta, delayed twice
Phillip Molnar
April 7, 2017
San Diego Union-Tribune

Article

Quote:
One of the most ambitious projects in Tijuana’s history has been delayed twice as a 63-acre site in the middle of the city remains empty.

The roughly $213 million Bajalta development calls for five towers including 350 condos, up to 200 hotel rooms, an office building and 645,834-square-feet of retail space.

Developers Artha Capital and Pacifica Companies are now aiming for May to break ground on the project’s first phase that will include the office tower and three-floor shopping center. It has a targeted completion date of early to mid-2019.
Bajalta will be designed by New York based-SHoP Architects, which worked on the Uber headquarters in San Francisco and Google offices in Mountain View. Artha said the company is still fine-tuning the final design.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 6:43 PM
It could be worse!

^ One of the bright sides of Bertrice getting banned is that we can talk about TJ projects without a racist troll again.

Hopefully TJ's building boom will include more projects closer to the border. The only one within walking distance of San Ysidro, I believe, is the New City expansion under construction.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 6:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipani View Post
^ One of the bright sides of Bertrice getting banned is that we can talk about TJ projects without a racist troll again.

Hopefully TJ's building boom will include more projects closer to the border. The only one within walking distance of San Ysidro, I believe, is the New City expansion under construction.
What did he post that was racist? I haven't been paying too much attention.

Maybe we should rename this thread the San Diego | Tijuana Boom rundown, Vol 3?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 7:15 PM
It could be worse!

You must've missed his deleted post in another thread discussing why the US has enough "brown people". His other bizarre posts didn't help much, including trolling a forum admin.

And I wouldn't have a problem renaming this thread. Plenty of people in this thread have expressed interest in TJ construction projects.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 7:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipani View Post
You must've missed his deleted post in another thread discussing why the US has enough "brown people". His other bizarre posts didn't help much, including trolling a forum admin.

And I wouldn't have a problem renaming this thread. Plenty of people in this thread have expressed interest in TJ construction projects.
You're right, I did miss his posts, just noticed he was banned and also, because SD and TJ are intertwined (5.+ million combined) perhaps the discussion should include more TJ goings on, but perhaps TJ deserves it's own dedicated thread being that it's a city/region of 2M now.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 8:13 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
You're right, I did miss his posts, just noticed he was banned and also, because SD and TJ are intertwined (5.+ million combined) perhaps the discussion should include more TJ goings on, but perhaps TJ deserves it's own dedicated thread being that it's a city/region of 2M now.
There is fairly active Tijuana forum at SSC. I would love it if they brought something over to SSP.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 8:58 PM

I feel bad for people who bought a luxury condo at Pacific gate and now pacific gateway is going to block their view. I heard the cheapest unit sold for over a million. It will be nice though to have the two mid size buildings at Manchester gateway close the only gap left in the skyline as seen from the bay.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:15 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfan View Post
There is fairly active Tijuana forum at SSC. I would love it if they brought something over to SSP.
I was under the impression that SSC is more internationally oriented. I worry that a Tijuana-centric thread on SSP would quickly get buried.

I think this thread could healthily cover everything from Tijuana to Oceanside. I think that'd be appropriate.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:53 PM
BANNED

I really enjoy the Tijuana updates.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 10:35 PM
It could be worse!

Yeah, the TJ updates only get posted every month or two, so might as well just keep them in this thread.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 10:44 PM
Babylon falling

Gap in Skyline

Unfortunately I don't think Manchester Pacific Gateway will sufficiently fill the skyline gap as viewed from Harbor or Shelter Island because the tall towers are on the North End of the project. I have recently walked on both Shelter/Harbor Islands and there will still be a sizeable gap because the buildings on the South end of Manchester Project are stubby.

I think 7th and Market might fill the gap from Shelter Island but it will be blocked from view on Harbor Island. In fact from Shelter 15th St. Pinnacle tower is actually filling in the gap a bit because it is so tall. Someone should go to the Bali Hai and take a zoomed in shot of the skyline from that vantage point you are truly looking straight on at the CBD from the bay not angled of kilter at all.

Speaking of 7th/12th Market PLEASE break ground soon before some crazy economic/war uncertainty happens and delays them. Stop lagging City of SD and get those damn projects started

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:24 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
I was under the impression that SSC is more internationally oriented. I worry that a Tijuana-centric thread on SSP would quickly get buried.

I think this thread could healthily cover everything from Tijuana to Oceanside. I think that'd be appropriate.
Correct, and probably. They would need some locals to handle content. I honestly have no idea how to search for development projects south of the border. I don't even know spanish, lol. I guess for now we are going to have to reply on SD media to get us info, which is okay.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:27 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Speaking of 7th/12th Market PLEASE break ground soon before some crazy economic/war uncertainty happens and delays them. Stop lagging City of SD and get those damn projects started
I think there is a legal fight budding there.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 1:49 AM

filling the gap

I'll try and take some shots from Bali hai tomorrow after some mai thais. Might be a little blurry due to my drinking. Any good renderings of Manchester project from the islands?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 2:34 AM

20170406_1422061 by kevinbeatty, on Flickr
while out on the boat yesterday I shot this photo near harbor island. how I imagine pacific gateway will fill in the skyline

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations