HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 4, 2017, 8:26 PM
BANNED

found this on twitter
little italy concept
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-o...JvNEdVVGc/view

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 3:43 PM

Anyone know how far along in construction is the second Pinnacle tower at 15th and island?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 12:07 AM
It could be worse!

^ The crane is up, but the second tower still has a long ways to go. It's supposed to completed at some point in 2019:

460 16th Street is also being built right across the street:

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 4:16 PM

Thanks.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 4:19 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrice View Post
found this on twitter
little italy concept
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-o...JvNEdVVGc/view

Reminds me a bit of the design for the mid-2000s Embassy1414 project that never happened:

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:16 PM
It could be worse!

Per the Union-Tribune, Pacific Gate has sold over half of its units. The article also mentioned another Bosa development across the street on Broadway and Pacific Highway. I think this is the first time I've seen a rendering of it:

Quote:
Bosa has meanwhile received approval for a third condo tower, a near-twin to Pacific Gate, at the northeast corner of Broadway and Pacific Highway. A construction start date has not yet been announced.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 12:59 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Downtown has grown a lot and the surrounding areas. Will be nice to see the infill around the stadium.

Lots of potential!

Credit: Above San Diego

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:42 AM

Not sure if this has been shared yet. Rendering of La Jolla Commons III tower. According to the website, it will be 14 floors.

https://www.hines.com/properties/la-...-iii-san-diego

I'm more curious to know if anyone has any more info on this Radisson Blu proposal? I recall seeing it before and wasn't sure if it's for real or not. The article link below (Includes more renderings) from 2015 mentions the now dead Chargers stadium proposal, so what gives? I'm ok with the shape of the tower, but not sure about that exterior finish.

http://www.architectmagazine.com/pro...p-quarter-6593

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:17 PM
SD/OC

^ 50 floors, plus a number of floors for parking. That is another squeaker under the height limit.

Last edited by spoonman; Feb 8, 2017 at 5:41 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 6:26 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego_urban View Post
Not sure if this has been shared yet. Rendering of La Jolla Commons III tower. According to the website, it will be 14 floors.

https://www.hines.com/properties/la-...-iii-san-diego

Thanks for the rendering, I've been curious about the final tower. I count 11 floors. The website mentions 14 foot ceilings, maybe that's where the number came from? Regardless, it's another stubby addition to UTC. I really wish they'd push higher up there.

Quote:
I'm more curious to know if anyone has any more info on this Radisson Blu proposal? I recall seeing it before and wasn't sure if it's for real or not. The article link below (Includes more renderings) from 2015 mentions the now dead Chargers stadium proposal, so what gives? I'm ok with the shape of the tower, but not sure about that exterior finish.

I saw this in the UT way back when. From what I recall, it was New School of Architecture student proposal, and wasn't a serious project.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 9:25 PM

[/QUOTE]

That project is dead. This 22 story residential rental tower with 226 apartments was approved a couple years ago. The project's name is 330 13th and the developer is The Richman Group of California. Was supposed to break ground, but has not yet...

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 10:29 PM
SD/OC

^Everything I've seen from Richman Group shows that they always build the "minimum" even on blocks with entitlements for huge buildings. For example, the site with the 22 story building shown above is entitled for a 40+ story building (anyone remember One Library Circle?). Apparently Richman Group can't even churn out the 22 story building, let alone something larger as the site calls for.

Last edited by spoonman; Feb 9, 2017 at 4:33 AM.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 4:25 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
^Everything I've seen from Richman Group shows that they always build the "minimum" even on blocks with entitlements for huge buildings. For example, the site with the 22 story building shown above is entitled for a 40+ story building (anyone remember One Library Circle?). Apparently Richman Group can't even churn out the 22 story building, let alone something larger as the site calls for.
I agree, such a wasted opportunity, especially compared with One Library Circle. Even if it had to be this height, I would've preferred something a bit more... iconic? for this location. This part of Park Boulevard is one of the few places downtown where there's an distinct terminus when looking down the street. There should be an attractive piece of architecture at the end of it. Personally, I wish the Central Library and its dome were located there instead.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Downtown has grown a lot and the surrounding areas. Will be nice to see the infill around the stadium.

Lots of potential!

Credit: Above San Diego

Nice photo. I'd love to see this same shot in daylight.

EV has a lot to fill in yet but yeah, the city is starting to look a little dense these days.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 11:28 PM
It could be worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
Richman is also building F11... on F & 11th. In fairness to Richman, most of the 6-7 story buildings in this area feel like they were built by doing the minimum.

http://www.therichmangroup.com/devel...f11-san-diego/

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 12:28 AM

I'm hearing on the grapevine that two giant projects, 11th/Broadway by Pinnacle, and 'The Block' on Broadway by Bosa (formerly Zephyr partners), are scheduled to begin this year.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
I'm hearing on the grapevine that two giant projects, 11th/Broadway by Pinnacle, and 'The Block' on Broadway by Bosa (formerly Zephyr partners), are scheduled to begin this year.
That would be great. I've heard that, too. At a community meeting, a representative from Civic San Diego posited that the three most likely projects to break ground this year were The Nook, The Block, and 11th & Broadway.

My own thinking is that one of the first signs of action that development-watchers like us would see on the 11th & Broadway project is residents of the California Apartments moving out, since disassembling that building is part of the plan.

A few months ago, I saw a crew working on the C Street side of The Block. Their truck said something about "potholing," which I understand is a method to try to located existing buried utilities.

If I recall correctly, the same Civic SD rep said that the East Village Green was at the point of giving a notice to proceed on the design plans for the park. He anticipated 1 year of engineering design, 6 months of getting permitting approvals, and 2 years of construction. Remember that this park will include two levels of underground parking, and a community center building, so it is not just a matter of demolishing the existing buildings and inserting landscaping.

Someone asked about the Willmark development (on C Street between Park Blvd and 13th Street) that has been blocked off for a while with little to no action, and he said that it turns out that the tectonic fault that was known to be on the site was a bit further east than anticipated, and that the developer was considering going higher with the eastern building. No one present asked how much higher, but I imagine it would be similar to what had been previously approved.

The same rep said that we may hear an announcement about a new use for the old downtown library in the near future, but that he couldn't be more specific.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by embora View Post
That would be great. I've heard that, too. At a community meeting, a representative from Civic San Diego posited that the three most likely projects to break ground this year were The Nook, The Block, and 11th & Broadway.

My own thinking is that one of the first signs of action that development-watchers like us would see on the 11th & Broadway project is residents of the California Apartments moving out, since disassembling that building is part of the plan.

A few months ago, I saw a crew working on the C Street side of The Block. Their truck said something about "potholing," which I understand is a method to try to located existing buried utilities.

If I recall correctly, the same Civic SD rep said that the East Village Green was at the point of giving a notice to proceed on the design plans for the park. He anticipated 1 year of engineering design, 6 months of getting permitting approvals, and 2 years of construction. Remember that this park will include two levels of underground parking, and a community center building, so it is not just a matter of demolishing the existing buildings and inserting landscaping.

Someone asked about the Willmark development (on C Street between Park Blvd and 13th Street) that has been blocked off for a while with little to no action, and he said that it turns out that the tectonic fault that was known to be on the site was a bit further east than anticipated, and that the developer was considering going higher with the eastern building. No one present asked how much higher, but I imagine it would be similar to what had been previously approved.

The same rep said that we may hear an announcement about a new use for the old downtown library in the near future, but that he couldn't be more specific.
Thanks for posting this, good information there. Did they mention anything about the Ritz/Whole Foods project 7th and market? What meeting was this and when and where is the next one, would love to attend if it's open to the public.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 12:08 AM
Babylon falling

Funny I was just walking around Downtown yesterday thinking that we need more height and bulk between the East Village and Symphony Towers/Vantage Point area and finally sounds like The Block and Pinnacle project will move forward and start to fill in that gap!

Any news about the California Theatre Tower or that other 435ft. project just west of there? That area could really use some height and infill too, I think it was in between CA Thetr and Little Italy was that nice 430 proposal.

I went to the SD Sports Rally thing at Petco Park tons of support for an Arena behind Petco on the Tailgate Park land!!! Talked to Ted Leitner and other guys from Mighty 1090 they said AEG and the Qualcomm sons are looking to build an Arena and get an NBA team. League wants to Expand by 2 teams and Seatlle/SD are by far the largest and most under served sports markets.

(Qualcomm Sons currently own 25% of Sac Kings I believe so they would sell that and bring team here)

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 1:19 AM

A downtown arena? That would be sweet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations