HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 9:39 PM

If Wynn can secure financing, the timing for his new Golf Course project could turn into be a very good business move. The costs for materials and labor should be low because his project would be the only one going. In 5 years, Wynn will have a new product to offer while everyone else is just getting started. All other developments would be competing with each other for labor and materials.

Wynn knows how to take a risk and be successful. He's making a bold move while others live in fear.

Last edited by True Blue; Jul 25, 2008 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:37 PM

gensler architects webpage has several renderings of the people mover (apparently the track is going to be lit at night!) \\http://www.gensler.com/#projects/7

also - on their descption of city center - "city center will be a sophisticated, cosmopolitan hub on the strip"....haha - itsnt the Cosmopilitan going to be the cosmopolitan on the strip...haha

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 7:49 PM
Closed Account

73 jobs lost at Trump Tower

KVBC NBC 3 has reported 73 workers have been let go at Trump Tower because of slow condominium sales.

*I have updated this below*

Last edited by Aaron Auxier; Jul 25, 2008 at 5:25 AM.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 9:41 PM

Direct Monorail-Airport connection

Anybody like the new route to the airport for the monorail? None of the silly stops at UNLV, etc. Airport-Strip in about 5 minutes.

http://www.lvmonorail.com/about/expansion/

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 5:24 AM
Closed Account

Update

KVBC NBC 3 called me and wanted to interview for a last minute follow up to the story about Trump Tower.

I was able to share with them how many stories in the press about the Las Vegas condo market have (in many ways) missed the mark.

It was nice to see them let someone share some factual positive news. (However, our edit did not get in on time).

Last edited by Aaron Auxier; Jul 25, 2008 at 5:37 AM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 8:02 AM
Closed Account

These new ad links are really annoying.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasStripDaily View Post
Update

KVBC NBC 3 called me and wanted to interview for a last minute follow up to the story about Trump Tower.

I was able to share with them how many stories in the press about the Las Vegas condo market have (in many ways) missed the mark.

It was nice to see them let someone share some factual positive news. (However, our edit did not get in on time).
---------------------------------------------------------
Aaron, would your story have been + or - on Trump if you got the story in.. What would have been your point?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Anybody like the new route to the airport for the monorail? None of the silly stops at UNLV, etc. Airport-Strip in about 5 minutes.

It's far better. Looking at the diagram, it looks like the airport stop is on Russel road though. It doesn't look very close to the actual airport building. I hope they are not planning on shuttling people from the airport to the monorail's airport stop. That would be a mistake.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 5:49 PM

Matt --

I believe there will be two stops at airport. One at existing terminal, one at the future 'Terminal 3'. Not sure about gates-to-monorail reality though.

Although up until now the monorail has been all talk and not much delivery, I think there is potential in 3 years to have a seemless airport connection to the strip - as well as the AEG/Bally's arena and improved convention center connection. I think for anyone staying on the east side of the strip it could really be a good thing.

I agree, it is all about the realities of the experience as far as convenience and cost. If it doesn't beat dealing with the cabs, then what is the point?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 5:56 PM

It shows 2 airport stops, one at the new terminal 3 they are going to build, ready in a few years, and one at the current terminal 1. I would guess that at the current terminal, you'd have to walk across the parking structure to the far side to get on the monorail, or maybe a floor above the bridges between the parking lot and the baggage claim, so that might be a small hassle, but no big deal.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 8:14 PM

Updated Echelon renderings on their website www.echelonresorts.com
i like these exterior shots better than what was previously posted. appears to be well landscaped.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 8:49 PM
Closed account

new pics on the citycenter website. interesting little tidbits next to the pictures

http://www.citycenter.com/luxury_las...ogle-City_Corp

Old Posted Jul 26, 2008, 12:28 AM

echelon- is the most - minimal - streamline design - maybe a little to blan (?)

i dont get the larger - echelon - curved design vs the boxed boutique design - why the contrast? - also - both hotels block each others views?!

i do like the interesting side lights that go around the top of the tower

Old Posted Jul 27, 2008, 1:21 AM
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzMan View Post
---------------------------------------------------------
Aaron, would your story have been + or - on Trump if you got the story in.. What would have been your point?
As always, I provided factual information with the reporter and explained that good news about the Las Vegas high-rise condo market is mostly avoided by the press.

You can see photos of the shoot and read more of what I said here.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2008, 6:52 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:

I see no map of anything at this link....or am I mistaken?

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 3:56 PM

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 5:46 PM

$11 billion looking ....... Bland ?

I checked out the latest CC photos at www.VegasTaT.com

ALthough the photos were clear and well composed, the CC project did not look that good. Is that just a coincidence - does it look better in person? I haven't been 'on the ground' in Vegas in many months.

The combination of Aria, Mand-Or, Vdara, Cosmo (blander than renderings?) make for a very generic backrop which is basically reflecting the sky?? I hate to say it - but for $11 billion you want something more than a reflection of the sky. Of course, Veer and Harmon may still add some sparkle.

Is that too critical? Does it look much better in person?

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 6:53 PM

We were in Vegas in June and I was blown away by the City Center complex. I have no background in architecture so its just a matter of my own taste but I think Las Vegas is building something of which they should really be proud. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
It's far better. Looking at the diagram, it looks like the airport stop is on Russel road though. It doesn't look very close to the actual airport building. I hope they are not planning on shuttling people from the airport to the monorail's airport stop. That would be a mistake.
It looks like Terminal 3 will be right along Russel Road, so they shouldn't have to walk very far.

http://library.nevada.edu/arch/aia/awa2007/ub07063.html

I like the new route but I think they should have kept a stop at the Thomas & Mack. Maybe they are trying to keep costs down or appease the cabbies. Of course, I'm not a tourist so what do I care? I'll probably never use it. I've only ridden it once and that was on New Years Eve.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 10:37 PM
Closed Account

Quote:
I checked out the latest CC photos at www.VegasTaT.com

ALthough the photos were clear and well composed, the CC project did not look that good. Is that just a coincidence - does it look better in person? I haven't been 'on the ground' in Vegas in many months.

The combination of Aria, Mand-Or, Vdara, Cosmo (blander than renderings?) make for a very generic backrop which is basically reflecting the sky?? I hate to say it - but for $11 billion you want something more than a reflection of the sky. Of course, Veer and Harmon may still add some sparkle.

Is that too critical? Does it look much better in person?
I respect your concern. Glass color wise, Veer Towers and The Harmon are exciting. When it comes to ARIA, one day I drove by and it was reflecting a very blue sky and it looked fantastic as the entire east side of it became deep blue.

From the renderings, it looks as if ARIA, Vdara, and Mandarin will reflect sunsets, the sky, other building's lights, etc. In a similar instance to the ARIA "sky blue" experience I had, I drove by Vdara during an orange and yellow sunset and the entire building turned those colors. Nice.

As far as Cosmo, the glass does appear to have changed colors. I think it looks bold and nice - personally, I'm tired of normal old blue towers.

And it's all about the night. Hopefully all of these properties will light up really interesting at night .

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations