HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
Won't be long before Downtown joins the 100k+ neighborhoods. It's insane to think the population was only 27k in 2000. In 2017, BID did a study and said the population was 67k.
Not trying to troll, genuinely curious, what are the sales figures like in these new buildings in DTLA? It seems like that neighborhood is sprouting buildings like weeds. As an outside observer, I hope the trend continues, and DTLA's skyline continues to expand.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:58 AM
life is good

Eh yeah i don't like the asshat trend either but the swiss cheese nature of that one and the rest of the design is fire... Onni deserves a key to the city they are the MVPs rn and been for a min!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahaboheme View Post
The residential units that back up to the Mayan and Bolasco theaters better come with some sound proofing. They are home to some of the biggest after hours events in the city.
Omg... Masterbeat is so much fun... I went for the first time during LA Pride weekend. Sorry that was off topic.

But what buildings are being next to those theaters??

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 7:30 AM
Paramoderator

Of all the ass-hats planned, this is the one that bothers me the least.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 6:27 PM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
LA cuts required parking spaces for Angels Landing mega project

https://therealdeal.com/la/2018/04/0...-mega-project/

Claridge Partners founder Ricardo Pagan said earlier this week that the 2-million-square-foot mixed-use Angels Landing project will have just 465 parking spaces for 675 residential units, two hotels, food hall, an elementary school, and 45,000 square feet of retail space. Pagan made the comments at a Bisnow event."
I knew this would happen. And soon it will be popular with most projects in core areas.

And my god, requiring parking for downtown residential at all...

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 5:30 PM

Very interesting top.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:04 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

My issue with the Onni towers is less about the asshats than with the quality of the glass, and the relative proportion of spandrel glass.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
My issue with the Onni towers is less about the asshats than with the quality of the glass, and the relative proportion of spandrel glass.
It's nice to have a tall tower added to Downtown, but they could have made slight changes to make it so much better. It is what it is.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerellO View Post
Omg... Masterbeat is so much fun... I went for the first time during LA Pride weekend. Sorry that was off topic.

But what buildings are being next to those theaters??
Yes Masterbeat is fun ... the Olympic / Hill proposal is the parking lot adjacent to the Mayan. If you look closely at the renderings you can see the Mayan theater.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 8:58 AM
BikeMike

The leasing rates are going quite quite well. Buildings between 1 and 5 years old have a ~4% vacancy rate.

Atelier, which opened 10 months ago, has the highest price per sq ft of any building in DTLA history. It is now 95% full with 19 total apartments open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Not trying to troll, genuinely curious, what are the sales figures like in these new buildings in DTLA? It seems like that neighborhood is sprouting buildings like weeds. As an outside observer, I hope the trend continues, and DTLA's skyline continues to expand.

Real DTLA Development Group

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:47 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

That's good news. Do we know how buildings like Wren and the Holland Partners project on Main Street are doing in terms of leasing absorption? Not quite at that one year mark, but curious as to how those are doing.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident View Post
The leasing rates are going quite quite well. Buildings between 1 and 5 years old have a ~4% vacancy rate.

Atelier, which opened 10 months ago, has the highest price per sq ft of any building in DTLA history. It is now 95% full with 19 total apartments open.
Thanks for the answer, and that's super encouraging. Awesome to see DTLA get all these new residential towers, and seems like there's no end in sight either.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Do we know how buildings like Wren and the Holland Partners project on Main Street are doing in terms of leasing absorption? Not quite at that one year mark, but curious as to how those are doing.
I don't know about those bldgs, but the new apt bldg....named stoa....across the street from where you used to live....& which is next to st vibiana's....has filled up rather well. Over 10 blocks to the south, the first phase of the two new apt bldgs on broadway, owned by the devlpr who gets lots of grief for his fake tuscan taste, has filled up fairly well too.

The da vinci proj next to the interchange of the 110 & 101....where ppl have joked that cars going by on the fwy are so close, the bldg might just as well be a drive by window at mcDonalds...filled up better than I thought it would.

Traffic on those fwys surrounding dtla is worse today than ever before. How ppl can put up with that daily bumper to bumper is beyond me. Not sure why it's so bad when another part of the hood.....businesses & their use of office space....hasn't been booming for over 20 yrs.

One big reason there aren't more new tall bldgs in dt can be traced to what this agent says about supply & demand....

Video Link

Housing has to make up for all the slack from a lack of enough need for office space.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 12:46 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Haha! Bonus points for the Half Baked gif.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 3:45 AM

Did you guys see the 13 story tower proposed for the arts district next to the 4th street bridge?? I really wanna see the arts district start building up. Extending the skyline east of the current cluster west of Broadway

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 6:44 AM

Removing the big parking lots that used to sit west of the Coliseum is a big improvement....long overdue....in its own right.

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 11:05 AM

A $350 million stadium seats 22,000 people..
Munich built the Allianz Arena for that amount of money.

The thing is that the MLS attendance has grown since the early 2000s and the club has already sold all 17,500 full season memberships. The demand is high.

I think they should have gone for at least 30,000 seats but it's too late anyway.

Real DTLA Development Group

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 3:33 PM

Awesome proposal for Chinatown!

https://la.curbed.com/2018/4/19/1725...hinatown-tower

I haven't heard of this one before, does anyone know any more about it?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorboffin View Post
Awesome proposal for Chinatown!

https://la.curbed.com/2018/4/19/1725...hinatown-tower

I haven't heard of this one before, does anyone know any more about it?
I love it...let them design more for DTLA!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 4:52 PM
life is good

Yep, gorgeous tower!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations