HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 5:12 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

There is a pic posted by statbass in the other thread -

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=198180&page=2

the concrete looks interesting.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 3:13 PM

Question

Hey guys. How do I post a photo that I took on the blog here? Seems to only give me an option of posting from a URL. How do I post a pic taken with my iPhone?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Hey guys. How do I post a photo that I took on the blog here? Seems to only give me an option of posting from a URL. How do I post a pic taken with my iPhone?
I'm not sure how to do it directly.. what I do is, i made a private album that only i can see on facebook and I put the pics there and copy the URL from that.

Time To Put Your House On The Market

Quote:
A recent real estate survey suggests that now is the time to put your house on the market. Royal Lepage says in its House Price Survey that St. John's posts strong year-to-year house price gains. Our strong local economy combined with historically low mortgage rates makes St. John's an attractive place to live.
http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?...22212&latest=1

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 7:04 PM

Quote:
There are websites that allow you to upload pictures to the web such as tinypic.com. I believe you don't even need an account to use it. Just upload the pic and paste the URL into your post; this should work.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 7:16 PM

uploading pics

Thanks guys I will try those options. Appreciate it.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 7:23 PM

New Kent Store almost completed in Kelligrews, Conception Bay South. This is in the new big box park called "The Gateway".
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150648230296616&set=a.10150648228391616.385366.602851615&type=3&theater[/IMG]

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 7:52 PM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

^ You need to get the url or the "properties" from the actual picture, it should have a ".jpg" extension at the end. Not sure about Facebook, but sometimes you can get this from right clicking on the pic.

edit - Yes, I tried it, to get a pic from facebook, right click on it and select properties, copy that url, and just insert it within the image tags like this: [img] url here [/img] with no spaces and it will work.

Last edited by Architype; Apr 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 8:00 PM

I will try again later, thanks again for help.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 8:02 PM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

It won't work without the jpg extension, try what I said above and it will work as long as linking is permitted from that site & user.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 7:36 PM

The new Kent Store at The Gateway at Conception Bay South

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 7:38 PM

Thanks

Thanks again for your help, Architype. Your facebook method of posting picks worked for me too.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 8:11 PM

St. John's Wellness Centre Concept

I think this concept is rumored for the old Metrobus site on Freshwater Road once Metrobus moves into their new headquarters up off of Kelsey Drive.

Last edited by Arrakis; Apr 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 8:13 PM

another shot of St. John's Wellness Centre Concept

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 8:15 PM

Both of those shots were from the CEI Architecture site. The Project is a team-up of CEI Architecture, teamed with Ron Fougere Architects of St. John’s. Looks nice.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 8:33 PM

Townhouse proposal for Brine Street

Posted from: www.nl.dailybusinessbuzz.ca

This drawing shows the proposed exterior for townhouses to be built in the redeveloped former Swift Meats building near the bottom of Hamilton Avenue in St. John’s. The Lettuce Farm, which has operated in the building for the last 12 years, will be moved to a different area of the building, but continue to operate. The developer of a proposed project in St, John’s says it could be a cornerstone in a renaissance of the downtown’s west end.
At a city planning committee meeting, a proposal was presented to redevelop the former Swift Meats building on Brine Street, near the bottom of Hamilton Avenue, into about 10 townhouses.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Both of those shots were from the CEI Architecture site. The Project is a team-up of CEI Architecture, teamed with Ron Fougere Architects of St. John’s. Looks nice.
Thanks for posting, don't forget to include the link to the original page under the picture:

http://www.ceiarchitecture.com/tag/st-johns/

The townhouse project was posted before, but it is sometimes hard to find things in the thread.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 9:49 PM

Quote:
I think this concept is rumored for the old Metrobus site on Freshwater Road once Metrobus moves into their new headquarters up off of Kelsey Drive.
This looks great will be a great addition to the city

Mile One Subsidy Continues to Fall

Quote:
The amount of money the City of St. John's pays for Mile One Centre continues to fall. Financial statements from 2011 show the city gave St. John's Sports and Entertainment $1,250,000, but it is getting back almost $700,000 of that. In effect, that means the city is paying about $500,000 for the stadium and convention centre, that number is down from a 2,000,000 subsidy in 2008. Just how far does the success of the IceCaps go in all that? Board Chair Gerry Smith says obviously AHL hockey is is play a major role in bringing in the extra cash.

He says there were 84 events in 2011, up from 68 in 2010. Smith says in 2011 hockey was only around for four months. He says they're anticipating in excess of 100 events in 2012, with a full year of hockey.

The city's subsidy to St. John's Sports and Entertainment is now at half of the cost the city paid to operate the old Memorial Stadium.
http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?...22277&latest=1

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 12:56 PM

St. John's Convention Centre Expansion Proposal

Came across this really cool photo showing the proposed extension to the St. John's Convention Centre by PHB Group Architecture firm. The article is posted on the Destination St. John's website. http://www.destinationstjohns.ca/announcements.asp

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Came across this really cool photo showing the proposed extension to the St. John's Convention Centre by PHB Group Architecture firm. The article is posted on the Destination St. John's website. http://www.destinationstjohns.ca/announcements.asp
This is actually an outdated projection of the extension, there is a newer one which we discussed a while back, I'm not sure which page tho

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 3:43 PM

Civic Centre Expansion

Ahh ok. Sorry about that. I have seen other designs for the expansion but thought they were older than this one. Though this one looks quite nice.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's