HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Jun 18, 2022, 10:19 PM

Two pictures taken of the Justice Centre about a week ago. Since then concrete pouring of the 8th floor is largely completed.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 7:17 AM

I was going back thru this thread and came across my old post about the NHC project. None of that timeline panned out at all. Delayed, delayed, delayed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
This is a rough timeline of completion for the North Highway Connector project. I'm super excited for the first phase of completion (yellow). Going to be so awesome! There is also a new 2 lane roundabout at the southern tip of the yellow portion in the pic. (67th Street and 30th Ave.) It isn't fully open yet but most of the roundabout construction is complete. Only thing remaining is to divert traffic into it and remove old pavement where the big east-to-south arc is. More retail is going where the arc is now.

Are going insane.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 4:54 PM

Were the NDP in power than? haha Might be a reason for the delays.

Also, is the traffic bad in Red Deer? Or is this more of a nice to have?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VantageHD View Post
Were the NDP in power than? haha Might be a reason for the delays.

Also, is the traffic bad in Red Deer? Or is this more of a nice to have?
NDP were definitely in power then. Not sure how much one can blame them tho. They still mangled the hospital problems.

Nah, traffic isn't that bad. The problem is that they want to expand the north and north-east, which is why they want 11A and NHC project in place (the yellow portion of the map), but this was recently delayed again due to the bids for construction coming back many millions higher than budgeted. This thing has been delayed mutiple times, and the City now has themselves backed into corner with costs. Should have done it after the earthworks for it were completed 10 years ago.

Not really a ring road either. The entire project is just another 30Ave. Plan is to have traffic lights and what not.

The yellow portion of the map is what is needed the most.
Are going insane.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2023, 5:30 PM

Hi folks, the Justice Centre seems to rounding out toward completion. What do you think?

(I'm trying to bring up the photo I took a few days ago, but it seems reluctant to show.)

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 2:04 AM

Let's try that again. This isn't my photo - from a Government of Alberta website - but captures construction as of a week or two ago. The concrete for the sidewalks has largely been poured now and most of the panels have been attached (some missing on the curvy bits fronting the building and on the north side where the outdoor service elevator had previously been attached).

In my view the building looks better in person than I had expected from the renders. You can look down on the site from the downtown library, particularly the hardscaping in front of the building that sweeps around the heritage home. I think it will be an outstanding addition to downtown.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 4:04 PM
Project manger

Looks great !

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia