HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 7:04 PM
Ya Dig!!

^^ I'm sure you're all gleeful about this, huh.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 8:52 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing Houston slip a little so Dallas can maintain its lead Yes I'm terrible.

I think Houston will be better off in the long run if it takes a time out. It's been through oil busts before and survived. Right now all the growth is such a gross monoculture of suburbia and certain industries. Great cities take blows and have scars and come back better.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 2:44 AM

3001 Turtle Creek (former GE site) is now proposed at 17 floors.

Perot’s high-rise project will be the first office tower along Dallas’ Turtle Creek since the 1980s
Steve Brown
June 16, 2016

Quote:
Ross Perot Jr.’s Hillwood Urban real estate firm is looking for tenants for a high-rise office to be built on the last vacant site along Dallas’ posh Turtle Creek corridor.
Quote:
Hillwood hired award-winning architect Pickard Chilton of New Haven, Conn., to design the high-rise project at 3001 Turtle Creek Blvd.
Quote:
Plans for the 350,000-square-foot building include a landscaped park area facing the boulevard and a restaurant with outdoor dining.
Quote:
“We are doing work across the country, but this Turtle Creek property in Dallas is probably one of the richest urban sites I’ve ever been able to work on,” said founding partner Jon Pickard. “The building will rise up the hill, and you will look over Turtle Creek and have vistas of downtown Dallas.”

The glass, metal and concrete building will be constructed in two wings, with one section overhanging the outdoor dining area.

“Instead of building one big monolithic block, we wanted something more dynamic, and we wanted to maximize the view,” Pickard said. “There is going to be an amazing restaurant with a terrace.

“We’ve created a spectacular park with the building set way back,” he said. “It’s going to be an experience you don’t typically get in an urban context.”

Pickard Chilton is working with Klyde Warren Park landscape designer James Burnett on the park and garden areas of the Turtle Creek project.

“We preserved the natural topography and preserved the trees,” Pickard said.
Quote:
“They could have built a bigger building, but they want to make sure it contributes to the character of Dallas,” Pickard said.

Full Article

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Oil Rout Stalls Republic Square Development
Houston Chronicle, Nancy Sarnoff, 06-13-16

A mixed-use development slated to break ground this year in the Energy Corridor has been put on hold amid the economic slump that has left millions of square feet of office space unoccupied in area buildings.

The project, announced about a year ago by Houston-based PM Realty Group, was set to be one of Houston's largest developments of its kind. The 35-acre development, named Republic Square, was designed by a slate of national consultants, architects and planners to include hundreds of upscale apartments, restaurants, hotels and high-rise office towers.
Full article: http://www.chron.com/business/real-e...he-8108999.php

Last edited by Urbannizer; Jun 18, 2016 at 5:20 PM.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 10:58 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

@skys the limit

While I think we all here appreciate contributors, could you stop spamming this compilation with leasing information.

That would be more appropriate in the individual thread for "X" project in terms of the news for which it relates to.

This is more of a compilation for the whole state, and 4 posts with leasing info related to the oil industry is a bit repetitive.

Or if you do, make a direct reference to a project listed here indicating the OP of the project. The whole idea for this directory and compilation was for it to serve as an encyclopedia of projects for all of Texas.

But other than that, appreciate the contributions, but more projects and less leasing info. Something in the style of Sic'EmBears or Urbanizer are how posts should look with regards to keeping the clean and organized scope that this compilation aims for.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 11:39 PM

Thank you for saying something, Chris.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2016, 5:30 PM

I've cut out the text regarding leasing activity.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 10:13 PM

New renderings for two Trinity Groves towers from San Francisco-based Gensler.

The proposed office tower has grown to ~25 floors.

The shorter, most likely condo/hospitality tower, appears to be ~12 floors.

View location here.

View original article and rendering here.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 10:08 PM

Lightbulb HOUSTON | Allen Parkway and Gillette | FT | FLOORS

Project: Allen Parkway and Gillette

Quote:
A Houston developer who purchased six acres across from Buffalo Bayou Park said he expects to begin construction of a mixed-use development on the site in early 2018.

Roberto Contreras, a Mexican entrepreneur who formerly ran a local distributor of Silestone, said initial plans call for a luxury hotel, housing, shops and an office tower.

Contreras, president and CEO of Houston-based DC Partners, hired the Gensler architecture firm to create a plan for the site on the southeast corner of Allen Parkway and Gillette, next to the Federal Reserve Bank. The company purchased the property from HTX Real Estate Partners. The deal closed in May.
http://www.chron.com/business/real-e...on-8315544.php

Last edited by Urbannizer; Jun 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 9:45 PM

Fort Worth

10 story, 200 room hotel and 12 story, 262 unit mixed use affordable housing development proposed for S. Main/ Vickery. The project is being proposed at the T&P station parking lot, which will allow residents/guests direct access to the TRE and upcoming TexRail routes. Retail to be on 1st floor.

FWBP Article with more information.

We've not heard anything more on the Sundance Hotel or the Left Bank hirise residential, but I'd assume both will be int the 15-20 floor range. There's also a 10 floor Hotel Renovo project in the Cultural District we've seen renderings of, but I'm not sure you are counting 10 floor buildings.

Last edited by Austin55; Jun 23, 2016 at 9:55 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 12:11 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Map Data:

Map Comparisons: http://iqc.ou.edu/2014/12/09/60years/

Shows the changes from 1953 to 2013 via sliders. Uses satellite data. Granted three years have passed, but nevertheless, its good to compare how much the core has changed in the listed cities.

Also shows Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antonio.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:16 AM

A lot of effort has gone into the thread; we can't let it die. Thanks Chris!

Here's 2016 Rev. 9 of my list of Austin's tallest active projects that are at least 100' tall (or appear to be based on available information.) I usually just post these on Urban Planet, but I'll start posting my updates here. There are five status types:

U/C - Cement has been poured

Site Prep - Dirt is moving or utility work is underway

Site Demo - At least one structure on the site has been or is being demolished

Proposed - A specific project has been announced or has had building permit(s) filed with specific structure information

Planned - A project has been announced or has had building permit(s) filed but without specific structure information, more visionary in nature

Projects highlighted in green (as in go) are underway with financing in place. These can include projects with a Site Prep or Site Demo status.

Projects highlighted in yellow have been completed during the current calendar year and have been removed from the active projects count.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 10:10 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^^^

Great use of Excel. Hmm.. makes me think I should do one for NY based projects. But yea to all, feel free to contribute. Remember, 1st page is a giant database of thread links so it makes searching for projects easy. The rest, is either lists and/or project updates or new/proposed projects and so on. If I come across any I'll add some. Miami/NYC keep me busy.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 10:29 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

So, on the directory, several months ago I made a section for GIS. For those who may not know, GIS is Geographical information system. Essentially maps with lots of data. Things like tax info, development info, parcel data, districts, and so on.

In sum, if anybody knows of some more, feel free to pm me and I will add them. I believe we have some for Dallas and Houston. And it could really be any GIS system. So hell, if there is one for crime rate, why not. Or something pertaining to rail networks or even park coverage.

Here is a recap:

= = = = = = = = = = =

GIS SETS:

General Texas (Whole State)GIS:

1) http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/49689

Dallas:

1) http://maps.dallascad.org/website/dcad/viewer.htm

Houston:

1) http://mycity.houstontx.gov/home/
2) http://www.h-gac.com/rds/gis-data/gis-datasets.aspx
3) http://cohgis.mycity.opendata.arcgis.com/

Austin:

1) http://www.austintexas.gov/GIS/devel...ap/Viewer.aspx

Population Explorer/Land Size Tool

1) https://populationexplorer.com/

I actually have to update the Austin one. The link changed...

Population explorer is pretty neat. Lots of info in the Houston links.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 6:21 PM

Thanks. Im loving that pop explorer. :-)

Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 11:36 PM

HOUSTON | Villa Borghese | FT | 25 FLOORS

Project: Villa Borghese

46-unit condo building by Interfin. Planned for 2807 Bammel Lane in Upper Kirby.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 11:37 PM

List updated for all major cities.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
List updated for all major cities.
Awesome thanks!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 8:35 PM

Just added this one that was proposed about 2 weeks ago. No picture yet of the proposed high-rise:

Brewery Building Apartments

Quote:
The 100-plus-year-old building in the West End district will instead be rebuilt as part of a high-rise apartment and office project.

Provident Realty Advisors, which bought the Brewery in 2013, plans to add two floors of office space on top of the four-story existing structure. It will construct an apartment tower and parking garage on the west side.
Quote:
"We are planning a 15-story apartment building in the parking lot and replace the surface parking in the new parking garage," Backes said. "We will have a courtyard between the Brewery and the new apartments."

Provident is hoping to catch the wave of development of creative office space that's spreading in the West End.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 10:07 PM

^Added to the Dallas section.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations