HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:46 AM
DENNAB

They'll be finished before 2037, that date was made up by the PA because they're stupid. Don't believe everything you hear.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
A change in tower 3 is somewhat possible (Silvertein already had a larger, alternative design readied) but SIlverstein is ready to move forward with tower 2 as soon as possible.
do you have a picture of his alternative?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 12:45 PM
Charismatic Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
do you have a picture of his alternative?
I believe it is the same tower, just with an extra 100 feet and higher setbacks for more office space.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 5:45 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
They'll be finished before 2037, that date was made up by the PA because they're stupid. Don't believe everything you hear.
Oh, good, just in time for my funeral.

Is it bad form the say, Frack the PA?

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Oct 19, 2009, 4:38 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 View Post
I believe it is the same tower, just with an extra 100 feet and higher setbacks for more office space.

sweet

If the market gets good soon i'd bet he'd give tower 2 a height increase as well. they should make the roof 1360 feet

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 1:04 AM

If the towers are delayed until the next market boom comes around Id say that all their heights will be increased including tower 4 if the foundations allow ( i think he probably allowed for this in case it takes years for infastructure construction) and will either even out much closer to tower 1 or even surpass it which would be a slap in the face to the PA for their tower that took forever to build. I wouldnt mind Tower 2 being the main tower at about 1500 foot roof height

BUT
of course this is just my speculation and hopes and probably wont happen but u never know what Silverstein has up his sleeve to get back at the PA
does anyone know if there are height restrictions for his towers or just Libeskinds site plan?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 2:54 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWyorkSKYSCRAPER View Post
If the towers are delayed until the next market boom comes around Id say that all their heights will be increased including tower 4 if the foundations allow ( i think he probably allowed for this in case it takes years for infastructure construction) and will either even out much closer to tower 1 or even surpass it which would be a slap in the face to the PA for their tower that took forever to build. I wouldnt mind Tower 2 being the main tower at about 1500 foot roof height
There's a very specific site plan that these towers must follow. Surpassing the Freedom Tower - even in roof height - isn't part of it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2009, 9:21 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Well, are we still looking at topping this baby out sometimes in 2030 or so? Good grief, this will be one old thread by then...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 7:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
Well, are we still looking at topping this baby out sometimes in 2030 or so?
You may still be, but I never have. As long as Silverstein is in control of this tower getting built, plans call for it to be built long before then.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 3:58 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
There's a very specific site plan that these towers must follow. Surpassing the Freedom Tower - even in roof height - isn't part of it.
I don´t think there is any rule that says they can´t if i´m not mistaken.

From the NY times a few years ago... obviously this is not true as far as the current heights of the towers but shows that there could be room for height changes.

"Mr. Foster's Tower 2 will rise somewhere from 1,300 feet to 1,450 feet; Mr. Rogers's Tower 3 from 1,250 to 1,350 feet; and Mr. Maki's Tower 4 from 1,200 feet to 1,300 feet. The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, were 1,362 and 1,368 feet tall."

Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 1:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
From the NY times a few years ago...
Exactly.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 7:02 AM
DENNAB

well i hear there's some good news for these towers, hopefully silverstein will have won by the end of the month.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 8:14 PM
DENNAB

whether this tower is 1150 feet tall or 1250 feet tall to the roof it is amazing, very sears tower ish in some ways, big and powerful.

From WiredNewYork

What was the whole story or reason for adding 100 feet to this building? Is it still possible or no.

Either way, great tower

Last edited by NYguy; Dec 5, 2009 at 12:20 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 10:45 PM

Well when Merrill Lynch was looking for a building, they would have needed more office space, hence the 100 more feet

As for if it's still possible, if probably physically is, but I remember that for Merrill Lynch, they had proposed turning the tower 90 degrees. Obviously that hasn't happened, and I highly doubt that they would add any more to the tower anyway.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 11:52 PM
World Machine

Well some good news seems to be emerging; seems that we’ll have more of a definitive picture of the direction this will go in soon.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 12:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
As for if it's still possible, if probably physically is, but I remember that for Merrill Lynch, they had proposed turning the tower 90 degrees. Obviously that hasn't happened, and I highly doubt that they would add any more to the tower anyway.
Merrill will reportedly be moving employees to Midtown, which was the direction they were headed to before the financial crisis, (to a similarly large tower at the Hotel Pennsylvania site). Where they go now is up depends largely on BofA's space needs.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 3:45 AM
DENNAB

Well that's still good news.

It would be in silversteins best interest to add more office space, another hundred feet to this tower and tower 2 couldnt cost dramatically more and there would be great benefits.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 2:31 PM

Tower 2 can't be taller than One World Trade Center or it will defeat the purpose of Libeskind's "ascending swirl" concept. Therefore the only height changes will be Tower 3, and should be Tower 4. I mean the other towers will just stomp it out of existence.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 8:02 PM
DENNAB

It doesn't have to be, Tower 2 is more than 100 feet shy of 1 WTC's roof as of now. 1278 to 1368-1402.

If tower 3 were 100 feet taller it would be the same height as tower 2 and more powerful looking since it doesn't get narrower which in itself would kill the spiral effect. Tower 4 does look a little out of place, I guess it's not possible to increase the height now that it's started construction, but all of that height increase would go to the other buildings.

They really have no reason to keep following the spiral/site plan, it isn't helping anybody, it's just making things harder and more complicated.

If I were in charge of the site I would make tower 2 maybe 1390 or so to the tip and tower 3 1250 and tower 4 1050 or so, that would look so much better

All the renderings make tower 4 look to small, the difference between tower 3 and tower 4 is only 170 feet, that is not much, 1 WTC would really be the only building to make tower 4 look very small.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 8:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
Tower 2 can't be taller than One World Trade Center or it will defeat the purpose of Libeskind's "ascending swirl" concept.
There won't be any major height changes. They are indeed sticking to the site plan (it's why the towers are where they are) and the spiral concept is in place. The only thing we need concern ourselves with now is when the towers will get built.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive