HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
Good question. I think condos around LoMa are a ways off. Though it's not a condo tower, the Rockford Falls townhome development on/near the Brandywine is interesting to follow because it offers a glimpse of the higher end of the buyer market in an area that is not the Riverfront.
Interesting. Not very urban, but interesting nonetheless. I would have to agree that we're a ways off from higher end ownership in the city proper.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 4:25 AM

Arena Football League Team Approved for Atlantic City

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...dc863b5fc.html

This is interesting. It seems to me like the AFL has fallen on some hard times, and Atlantic City seems like an odd place to try for a team, but I can get behind this. I love AC, and I really do want to see it grow and develop.

Any team name ideas? Apparently they had a team called the CardSharks, and a baseball team called the Surf. I think they should get something Monopoly-related.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 3:11 PM

Delete: Wrong thread.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 1:19 PM

Open for business

Well, the Blue Coats might have lost their first game at the new 76ers Fieldhouse, but BPGS got this thing built in 5 1/2 months and open for business, crazy. Other parts of the facility which will house soccer fields, youth sports training center etc, and offices are still under construction. It was also recently announced that the Fieldhouse will be used as a music venue, seating up to 3,000 people (up from 2,500 for basketball).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_zmJ1lPZl/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_0Ln7FHP4/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs87XklF9MQ/

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 1:23 AM

^ Looks nice, although I was expecting it to be bigger and more like a stadium rather than a large gym.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 4:01 PM
Me?!?

For Sale: Approved, But Unbuilt, Riverfront Office Development in Conshohocken
https://morethanthecurve.com/for-sal...-conshohocken/

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 5:46 PM

When I was touring Gensler a few days ago one of their architects was working on an 11 story building in Conshy. Would anyone know which development that would be a part of?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
When I was touring Gensler a few days ago one of their architects was working on an 11 story building in Conshy. Would anyone know which development that would be a part of?
The SORA West project by Keystone Property Group...Amerisource Bergen is the lead tenant..

Old Posted Jan 27, 2019, 8:10 PM

From the Transportation Thread:
Quote:
he King of Prussia Rail Project has reached two milestones within the month.

The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority Board has approved a contract to advance further engineering of the KOP Rail extension of the Norristown High Speed Line. The selected consultant team is led by HNTB, an infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors.

The contract scope encompasses the detailed preliminary design work, including surveying and utility and geotechnical investigations. This will progress the engineering and architectural design from the conceptual Locally Preferred Alternative, completing 15 percent of the total design. This design work is able to progress and is fully funded with existing federal funds already allocated to the project.

Additionally, the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission released a new study earlier this month that explores the local land use and transportation implications of the proposed extension of SEPTA’s Norristown High Speed Line to the King of Prussia area.
https://www.dailylocal.com/news/loca...ac7ee67da.html

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 2:02 PM

Downtown Wilmington

BPG's 200 block of Market/King Streets demolishing nearly over. I'm still surprised a huge portion of an old city block with historic designed buildings can get demo'd without the developer even presenting a rendering or any signage at the location. We know a new luxury apt building is on the way -- but what the hell will it look like, height/floors, ...nothing.

This building on King Street will be preserved.

---------

Further up Market Street, 700 block - BPG is converting these 3 buildings to apt's on the upper floors:

----------

I also learned BPG purchased these buildings next to their new Mid-town Park apts, with plans of renovating for apts:

----------

I give BPG massive props for the restoration of 627 Market with the turret, the restaurant (Bardea) is beautiful inside, and very good.

-------

Trolley Square:

2000 Penn Ave continues:

Forty Acres/Trolley Square:

This old historic firehouse is being converted into luxury apts (although the local Forty Acres Neighborhood Assoc. is putting up a big fight):

Old Posted Jan 29, 2019, 2:39 PM

Mixed use - barley mill

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...nt/2703589002/

Looks like another large-scale mixed use redevelopment coming to the Wilmington area. This is a great piece of property and with a "high-end" grocer anchor such as a whole foods or wegmans i think that will help quell the concerns of the affluent over the development. Does the market exist for all of this in the area though? Avenue North, Concord Plaza now Barley Mill will be adding probably somewhere between 500-1k apartments in the wilmington burbs. Also wondering if this could have a potential negative impact on the redevelopment downtown if less of the surrounding residents are looking to come-in for high quality dining.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 12:44 AM

^ Re: jslice:
Good. I drive by that complex every morning to work and that entire complex is abandoned by Dupont now (not sure when exactly it went abandoned). Hope they can turn it into something good.

^^ Re: TallCoolOne (Wilmington Development):
Looks cool, though some of those historic buildings being demolished is kind of a shame. I really think Wilmington would boom with population if they can just get that darn crime down. I will also say this, keep an eye on this area because I think there is a huge masterplan planned for here (and no domodez, it's not a dead concept. It's actually a possibility):
[IMG]Posible Masterplan site for Wilmington, Delaware by jonesrmj, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
keep an eye on this area because I think there is a huge masterplan planned for here (and no domodez, it's not a dead concept. It's actually a possibility):
The renderings you saw for this area is just a long-range concept plan, which is what I assumed you were talking about. I've seen it too - I read the whole doc about a year ago. It's just a general conceptual plan and nothing even remotely concrete (plus, half of the structures in that concept are parking garages). It'll be used to pitch investors, corporations, etc, but none of it is actually proposed. Better to focus on all the actual, real-world, wonderful projects in my previous post, including the developments Jawnadelphia just shared.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 2:13 AM

A Wegmans on the Barley Mill site would be a dream come true. Not many great grocery options in Wilmington/Greenville.

Re: the fire house, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Forty Acres neighborhood association is awful. Opposing an awesome reuse project and great local restaurants.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 1:58 PM

It's all a work in progress for the other side of the Riverfront, it will happen--with the bridge nearly completed and the 76ers Fieldhouse, and the old plant being shopped for re-development-- things are progressing. It might take another 15 years, but I would be shocked if by 2030 you take an aerial shot of that side of the river and it is not mostly all developed--like the Riverwalk side.

https://www.delawarebusinesstimes.co...tinue-in-2019/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsLoU3oFoX1/

The two Riverfront Hotels u/c:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsnnYrwlTkA/

Re: Barley Mill Site:
I think Barley Mill is a different market--Greenville is northern Delaware's "Main Line" -- I'm sure there is a market to well-off folks looking to downsize in a new luxury apts. Overall, Barley Mill, Avenue North, and BPG's The Concord are all for a slightly older market--IMO. North Wilmington is full of upper middle class suburbs and an older population that might enjoy a somewhat New Urbanist living experience.
Downtown Wilmington and the Riverfront are really geared towards millenials and getting the office crowd to want to live close to work. After living on the Riverfront for the past year, it seemed like the vast majority of folks in the new BPG apartments are Barclays, Chase, Chemours, or Christiana Care/Wilm Hosp. employees -- or local lawyers, mostly all being younger people, under 40-45, who want the live/work/play vibe.

Speaking of The Concord though -- here's a recent update:

https://www.instagram.com/residetheconcord/?hl=en

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 5:21 PM

Quote:
^ Re: jslice:
Good. I drive by that complex every morning to work and that entire complex is abandoned by Dupont now (not sure when exactly it went abandoned). Hope they can turn it into something good.

^^ Re: TallCoolOne (Wilmington Development):
Looks cool, though some of those historic buildings being demolished is kind of a shame. I really think Wilmington would boom with population if they can just get that darn crime down. I will also say this, keep an eye on this area because I think there is a huge masterplan planned for here (and no domodez, it's not a dead concept. It's actually a possibility):
[IMG]Posible Masterplan site for Wilmington, Delaware by jonesrmj, on Flickr[/IMG]
Domodeez has his finger on the pulse of most developments proposed or contemplated in Wilmington.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
BPG's 200 block of Market/King Streets demolishing nearly over. I'm still surprised a huge portion of an old city block with historic designed buildings can get demo'd without the developer even presenting a rendering or any signage at the location. We know a new luxury apt building is on the way -- but what the hell will it look like, height/floors, ...nothing.
Yeah, kind of crazy; hope it's worth it. So I'm guessing these 2:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7389...2!8i6656?hl=en

and these 3 are goners?
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7392...2!8i6656?hl=en

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
Yeah, kind of crazy; hope it's worth it. So I'm guessing these 2:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7389...2!8i6656?hl=en

and these 3 are goners?
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7392...2!8i6656?hl=en
Yeah, pretty much, looks like a bomb was dropped on the middle of the block.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
The renderings you saw for this area is just a long-range concept plan, which is what I assumed you were talking about. I've seen it too - I read the whole doc about a year ago. It's just a general conceptual plan and nothing even remotely concrete (plus, half of the structures in that concept are parking garages). It'll be used to pitch investors, corporations, etc, but none of it is actually proposed. Better to focus on all the actual, real-world, wonderful projects in my previous post, including the developments Jawnadelphia just shared.
Is this what you saw?:

[IMG]Possible Masterplan for Wilmington, Delaware by jonesrmj, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Is this what you saw?
Yes, one of the many images I saw in the concept plan. By the way, when I said it would be used to pitch to investors, that includes the public sector for funding all this new infrastructure.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations