HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 8:09 PM

I posted this in the downtown update thread. It's at James & Picton. If it happens, it will also be visible.

Quote:
From Indwell on Facebook. Presented at a public meeting with the North End Neighbourhood Association and the HughsonStreet Baptist Church

I believe the location is Picton and James.

No info as of yet.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2016, 1:37 PM

Their Mimico condo project is well underway

Old Posted Jul 31, 2016, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Centrespread in Spec Homes today should gives one yet another push - although their ad in the same section says they are 70% sold. So perhaps the twitter post was a bit pre-mature. Regardless, IMHO they should be starting construction already.

Any update on the percect sold- one would think that almost a year later , they could nudge it too 80% (especially in this over-heated market) , and just maybe we could see a nice hole in the ground like Mimico

Last edited by King&James; Aug 1, 2016 at 12:07 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 8:47 PM

Mimico construction progressing

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 11:32 PM
Hammer'd

Meanwhile in Hamilton...
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Any update on the percect sold- one would think that almost a year later , they could nudge it too 80% (especially in this over-heated market) , and just maybe we could see a nice hole in the ground like Mimico

I dont think the hamilton condo market is quite as hot as the housing market.

I was on the regency at main mailing list and got a call to tell me they are now offering units at 150 main for rent because they did not sell as condos.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
I dont think the hamilton condo market is quite as hot as the housing market.

I was on the regency at main mailing list and got a call to tell me they are now offering units at 150 main for rent because they did not sell as condos.
From what I've heard, bad sales team and bad marketing.

But, I still agree with your point that condos in Hamilton aren't as hot as houses. Yet.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 1:13 PM

Houses are still affordable in Hamilton and downtown is still on the sketchy side of nice. I'm sure the Pier 8 condo's will move though.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 2:50 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Old Posted Aug 19, 2016, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKirk View Post
Mimico construction progressing

Nice to see some of the foundation forms being poured. Wasn't the hole dug back in April of 2015?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2016, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatboots View Post
Houses are still affordable in Hamilton and downtown is still on the sketchy side of nice. I'm sure the Pier 8 condo's will move though.
Define your downtown? I don't its its sketchy at all.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKirk View Post
Define your downtown? I don't its its sketchy at all.
Some areas still have a ways to go. Others are very liveable.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 3:03 PM

Downtown needs more people living in it to take it to the next level, but that is coming. Luckily there is a lot of room to grow. More McMaster in the core would be amazing!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 12:36 AM

More McMaster in the core would be amazing!

People have been saying that for some time now. I wouldn't complain if they wanted to do more but I'm really not sure whether or not it's relevant to the city centre's ascendancy.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 1:42 AM

Just simply having more people living in the core would be good for it. Ryerson buys up every piece of property it can and it has done wonders for the area it is in.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 5:07 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatboots View Post
Just simply having more people living in the core would be good for it. Ryerson buys up every piece of property it can and it has done wonders for the area it is in.
Ryerson also has no other alternatives for growth in downtown Toronto. But I'd like to see Mac build more downtown in Hamilton in the future too (and Mohawk for that matter).

More higher-end employment in the core is what would be amazing to me. Residential and institutional uses are certainly important parts of the mix, but the core would really re-assert its importance with private sector companies filling the office vacancies and creating demand for more office buildings. The office vacancy rate has been declining and the city has had some success attracting new firms, but for downtown to really take off it needs more business and professional employment.

The coming investments in local and inter-regional transit will help create conditions favourable for that kind of growth, along with supportive land-use planning/policy and a competitive real estate market, but I really hope the city starts shedding its image as a place where it's difficult to do business... that would go a long way to helping too.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 12:29 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

It would be nice if Hamilton had a proper second university.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 2:24 PM

Stanton Renaissance to host a three-day Supercrawl event for The Connolly in downtown Hamilton

Every year, Hamilton’s Supercrawl art and music festival attracts over 150,000 people and has become a staple in the city’s cultural scene. The annual event, which grew out of the James Street North Art Crawl, was founded in 2009 and has grown from a one-day celebration to a weekend-long festival spanning several city blocks.

To celebrate the festival’s 8th anniversary, Stanton Renaissance will be hosting a three-day Supercrawl event for The Connolly on Friday, September 9th at 6pm, Saturday, September 10th from 9am to 11pm and Sunday September 11th from 9am to 9pm. The pop-up event will take place at 303 James St. North, where prospective homebuyers can browse through the project’s impressive selection of floor plans and take advantage of special purchase promotions and incentives. A brand new selection of penthouse suites is also expected to be released and a limited quantity of parking spaces will be available for purchase at this event only (some conditions will apply).

Now over 75 per cent sold, construction at The Connolly is scheduled to start this fall. When complete, the 30-storey residence will house 269 units and boast a modern exterior design by McCallum Sather Architects Inc. At the base of the tower, the historic facade will be fully restored and transformed into an elegant commercial space, public Galleria, and restaurant/cafe space. The facade features stained glass windows, original stone, doors and columns.

Residents of The Connolly will also have access to a fully-equipped fitness centre, executive concierge, a lounge and games room and a stylish party room with kitchen. Plus, its location on the corner of James Street South and Jackson Street West is truly in the heart of it all! The project is within proximity to the Hamilton Convention Centre, the Hamilton GO station, HSR, City Hall, and countless pubs and restaurants along the vibrant James Street corridor.

The suites range from 451 square feet to 1,113 square feet and feature spacious open-concept layouts with nine foot ceilings, gourmet kitchens, and outdoor terraces or balconies as per plan. Standard finishes include laminate floors, contemporary kitchen cabinets, quartz countertops and modern tile backsplashes. A stainless steel appliance package is also included.

Available suites at The Connolly start from the low $200,000s. To learn more about the development register online, and be sure to attend the Supercrawl event starting Friday September 9th at 303 James St. North, just south of Barton Street West.

For more information call talkdesk289-239-8866 or email info@theconnolly.ca

http://www.stjeanrealty.com/b/blog/s...-hamilton.html

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 8:02 PM

So how long has this thing been 75% sold? Anyways at least there is activity and I hope it gets built.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
So how long has this thing been 75% sold? Anyways at least there is activity and I hope it gets built.
You'd think if this has been 75% sold for so long theyd have gotten bank financing and shovels would have been in the ground in the spring. How much work can be done in the fall with winter soon to follow, if construction even happens in the fall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton