HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 4:44 PM

The street on the north side.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 4:46 PM

oh lol i thought it was some sort of store or something.. (im not familiar with the area)

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 6:37 PM
Vancouver Moderator

I can't wait until it's complete and I can explore it.

I still do think we should have an SSP meet focusing on the suburbs and visit Metrotown, New West, Lougheed and Brentwood and check out all the new developments one day

Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 2:43 AM

I was inside Shoppers Drug mart over the weekend and was quite surprised - it's actually a huge store inside and certainly doesn't look it from the bus loop entrance. It has a large food section that has its own entrance oncolumbia street. Guess they missed the memo about that stretch of Columbia st being dead.

I sure hope this little mall generates enough traffic to keep all these places open. They sure are beautiful stores in a beautiful little TOD mall

Old Posted Feb 2, 2012, 9:22 PM

I went to the Plaza 88 mall today at lunch. Just fantastic, walk down the stairs from skytrain and you are right at the entrance to Safeway. I think I can now easily do some small grocery purchases on my way home to Surrey now.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2012, 9:25 PM

I had to go to New West the other day and I did just that! That Safeway is how many of our markets / stores should be connected with transit stations. Such ease!

It was also quite busy when i was there.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2012, 7:00 PM

Quiet Around Here

Hey Guys,

Been pretty quiet here lately! Anybody pass by Plaza 88? New Pics?

Old Posted Feb 29, 2012, 11:03 PM

went through today - doesn't look much different - the ardene store has signage up and lighting, inside looks ready to stock from what little bits you can see between hoarding - its on the upper theatre level which is still where a lot of work is going on

Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 1:29 AM

Most of the work is internal to the various suites these days, so there aren't a lot of dramatic changes to be seen day to day.

That said, it looks like the sushi togo place may have gone under before opening... the space shows "for lease" again (or did last I checked).

Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 6:46 AM

Wind opened Monday. That's really all that's new.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 8:29 PM

Landmark Cinemas

So I am hearing that the Theatre will be opening the first couple of weeks in May...Maybe just in time for the long weekend. Anybody been down lately?? Pics??

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
So I am hearing that the Theatre will be opening the first couple of weeks in May...Maybe just in time for the long weekend. Anybody been down lately?? Pics??
I passed through a few days ago. It's still mostly a construction site - the retail space on the platform level looks like it has quite a way to go before opening. Safeway was the only noticeable activity, though I didn't get a good look at the lower levels.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 8:43 PM

the theatre looks a few months away from being able to open, i doubt may, considering it was supposed to open fall 2011 they don't seem to be in a rush maybe fall 2012, its just a shell i haven't noticed much work going on inside it - from the train it still looks like one huge empty space

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 11:11 PM

They've removed the plywood cladding along the stairs to the east bound platform, revealing nice plexiglass railings.

But yes the place overall is looking bleak. I'm very glad I didn't buy my current condo. Especially based on this place being completed by October 2011. (which is what I was told upon shopping for a rental) and the rent is... Reasonable.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Has the 'prime restaurant space' been leased?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
Bridge Walker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPaul View Post
They've removed the plywood cladding along the stairs to the east bound platform, revealing nice plexiglass railings.

But yes the place overall is looking bleak. I'm very glad I didn't buy my current condo. Especially based on this place being completed by October 2011. (which is what I was told upon shopping for a rental) and the rent is... Reasonable.
"bleak" as in the first 5 years of International Village? I still don't think the place is more than half leased.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 2:19 AM

As of right now... no prime restaurant has been placed. I was thinking maybe Hudson's Pub House would move in there....but no word yet. They are looking to expand in BC as they are in AB and SK.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 2:22 AM

I am hearing that the theatre will be opening before the May long weekend. You never know.... it may happen. Would be nice to see things finally finishing. Ardene looks almost done....so the upper level could be ready for people.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 5:22 AM

the starbucks has been quite busy with construction, knowing how fast those can get done it should be open in april easily - all the places next to it have names that will be there but no signs of activity in them

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
the starbucks has been quite busy with construction, knowing how fast those can get done it should be open in april easily - all the places next to it have names that will be there but no signs of activity in them

Have you taken pics down there lately?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley