HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 1:58 AM

Talking Burj Libya - Tower of Libya, Mega Project

Hey everyone,

Rendering removed...i'll post the new designs later on....

Last edited by libyaconnected; Dec 5, 2007 at 7:11 AM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 6:02 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Is this for reals? Doesn't seem very real to me.

And the design is bad. Plus the "renders" looks like they (which they were) made in Sketch Up.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 9:26 AM

Yes these are real, but the plans for the actual final design for the project haven't been yet finalized. I heard that Emaar and Tameer are also planning a bid of their own, Tameer already signed a $20 Billion USD deal with Libya...I'm just giving you heads up on whats to possibly come..who knows

They are also building some sort of resort like 45 KM west of the capital on a natural island...i will post more new sketch ups when they become available

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 3:52 PM
World Machine

The design looks fake (like a kid did it on sketch-up), and the design looks bad. Plus, there isn't much hard evidence to prove that this is indeed a real project. Looks more like some kids fantasy.

And if this is a real project, then the design team is a joke because those design plans do not look worthy of a reputable design team at all. Again, more so of those made by someone on Google Seltch-up.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 8:27 PM
BANNED

Those Renderings are not too professional, looks like amateur Sketchup, but I liked the design, seems a mechanical axse. Although I do not believe Lybia has capital and power to build such project in real. A sketch copy of Dubai..

Last edited by M.K.; Dec 4, 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmillenium View Post
Although I do not believe Lybia has capital and power to build such project in real.
I know, since when is Lybia such as big tourist and development spot. And where are they getting all this money from to fund this? Is this even affordable to their economy? This is all just a fantasy.

Mods, close this thread.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 12:44 AM

This is like, a parody of Dubai.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 2:00 AM
Urban Advocate

Libya = oil money

Here's hoping this is all fake. The land-use plan is terrible, and looks like it would become the problem that Dubai has become in terms of automobile-centered and spread out density.

I call fake. I hope it is, for the sake of Libya. Planning can be done much better then this...
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 3:02 AM

First of all, too be honest, my colleague showed it to me..whether its real or not is a matter of debate, and I do agree that the design doesn't look that well...I watched the video and made some pictures of it just to let others see...these haven't been announced yet officially..maybe he got his sources wrong, I was just curious...SO PLEASE RELAXXXXX WOW..

2nd, Do your research, Libya has no money, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I am baffled by pure ignorance, go and do your research, Libya has over 42 Billion Barrels of light crude (low sulphur content, yea thats a good thing, go take it from someone who understands oil idoits..., not only is it more recovoerable then say Canada's oil sands but its cheap to refine it which means we get TOP DOLLAR FOR EVERY BARREL)

And on top of that only 25% of the country has been explored! Which means 75% of possibly oil still remains, I wouldn't even have my job if this country didn't have oil!!!...hahahahahhaha please somebuddy enlighten them.

Um its true that it hasn't been a tourist destination, u can thank the leader for that, because the country has only run on oil..pretty good considering the country has almost 2,000 KM of prestige coastline just going to waste, over 10,000 years of history, anincet roman and greek cities..

In fact, Leptis Magna, is the best archaeological persevered roman city anywhere outside of Italy...The country is scattered with ancient ruins of many civilizations. Some like the Phoenicians, the Carthaginians, the armies of Alexander the Great, the Romans, the Vandals, the Byzantine Empire, and lastly by the Islamic empires, caliph, abbasin etc etc....

Its bored by many countries, egypt, sudan, tunisia, algeria, chad, niger etc. THE HEART INTO AFRICA...its right on the Mediterranean sea so its very close to Europe..oil ships so easily der..tourists can come..POTENTIALLY SPEAKING THEY ARE ON A BRINK OF DEVELOPMENT, STOP HATTINGGGG

And already signs of the government...infact the government has 2 much money on its hand, $150 BILLION TO INVEST...

dats it for now..just relax.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 8:10 PM
World Machine

Your reaction makes me even more skeptical. This is all just a pipe dream by either yourself or whoever. And you got the soruces wrong? Instead of writing a post that 75% talks about Lybia's oil situation, post some sources that could give some concrete evidence that this project is indeed reality.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 12:03 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

I could design a better tower than that, and I'm proud to say, I have!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 12:24 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
I could design a better tower than that, and I'm proud to say, I have!
I can agree to that. I've never seen better sketch-up work than your Dubai Marina model. They really are wonderful pieces of work.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 1:55 AM

Even though the design is tacky and childish, and the tower is not that great looking. The idea and the layout does look pretty cool.

Libyaconnected, I have read your other post's about Libya being the next "hot spot", and it was an interesting article you posted. But I don't see a mega-project like this being constructed any-time soon. Libya just isn't ready for something of this magnitude. It does not make sense to build this kind of development in Libya. (At the moment)

Although I could be way off. Either way, I hope Libya grows, and if it is the next "hot spot" for development etc. I hope they learn from Dubai's mistakes. (i.e. planning for the infrastructure and traffic problems, and the hiring of cheap laborer's from other countries and not treating them fairly etc.)

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 7:35 AM

Like I said, my colleague informed me about it online...yea office gossip

And you want sources this country is planning stuff, go look at the news..
http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...27684320071108

yea, a $100 Billion deal...nope Reuters must be a not be a recognized news agency/source..., were making this upp.. go to Emaar site and Tameer...

OHH and how could i forgot the 50,000 Sri Lankans the Libyan government is planning on employing next year..i guess they came just to swim in our empty beachess!

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/article...0Sri%20Lankans

wait how about the $20 Billion deal with tameer, yea (Tameer to develop $20b city in Libya)

http://www.ameinfo.com/93493.html
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10058893.html

I'M GIVING YOU INFO..FOR SOMETHING THAT HASN'T BEEN EVEN ANNOUNCED SO PUBLICLY... I HAVE SEEN PLANS FOR HUGE CONSTRUCTION...THOUGH MANY OF THEM HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED...

DER IS CONSTRUCTION GOING ON...I WILL FIND ALL THE DOCUMENTS, COLLECT THEM AND SCAN THEM..THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK INSTEAD OF REPULSIVE SARCASM,

YOU DON'T LIKE THE HEAT, THEN GET OUT OF THE MIDEAST SUN... K PUMPKIN

I APOLOGIZE IF THE ORIGINAL POST WAS MISLEADING...I GUESS IT MUST BE FAKE....I AGREE BUT U CAN'T DENY THE POSSIBILITIES AND MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS AND LIBYA IS INCAPABLE OF HAVING THOSE FUNDS..LOOL STILL CRACKS ME UP RIGHT NOW!!!, THIS COUNTRY'S TREASURY IS A GOLD MINE...DECADES OF OIL FUNDS JUST BEEN SITTING AROUND, PILLING UP...NOW, THEY WILL FINALLY MAKE A BENEFIT, I'M HAPPY FOR THE LIBYAN PEOPLE...AREN'T U..OOR DO YOU WANT THE REST EVERYONE TO BE UNDER YOU...CONTROLLING...

THE ONLY REASON THE MIDDLE-EAST IS IN THIS SITUATION OF TODAY..WHICH IS WASN'T ALWAYSS!!!! RESEARCH ISLAMIC CIVILZATION, DON'T FORGET THAT THE TALLEST STRUCTURE ON EARTH FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WAS IN THE MIDDLE EAST...BUT THE REASON WHY WE'RE SO BEHIND IS BECAUSE OF COLONIAL RACIST, DICTATORS WHO RAPED OUR PEOPLE, BURNED OUR LANDS, ITALY ALONE MASSACRED KILLED 750,000 LIBYANS DURING ITS OCCUPATION!!, GOOD THING THEY DIDN'T DISCOVER OUR OILLLLLL!!!

OOHHH AND OUR LEADERS ARE TO BLAME??? YEA RITE..ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS PUPPPETTSSS..., THEY ARE NOT OUR LEADERS, U CAN TAKE EM BACK LOL...THE WEST JUST LOVES THE OILLLL, MMMMM MMMMM, MY V8 ENGINE IS BURNING, SMELLS LIKE GOOD CLEAN ARAB OIL! VROOOOOOOOOOOOMMM PEACE

Last edited by libyaconnected; Dec 4, 2007 at 8:01 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 12:05 PM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I know, since when is Lybia such as big tourist and development spot.
didn't you know? i booked my vacation this year in Lybia, right after my company planned its headquarters to be put in this building!! geeze, get in the know man!

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 6:20 PM
Urban Advocate

Like I said, good to see economic growth there, I just hope the and city growth is build in a walkable, pedestrian-friendly manor. Not spread out and disastrous like Dubai has turned out to be.

And Libyaconnected.... please, no capslock key! We're not 11-year-olds.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 7:51 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distill3d View Post
didn't you know? i booked my vacation this year in Lybia, right after my company planned its headquarters to be put in this building!! geeze, get in the know man!

I must be out of the vacation loop then. I've never heard anyone say that they're booking a vacation to Lybia. I need a good vacation.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 9:44 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libyaconnected View Post
Hey everyone,

I am across one of Libya's new planned infrastructure projects as part of the $150 Billion USD investment projects released this year. It will be most likely a "Free Trading Zone" though they are keeping it under wraps.

I work at a Canadian Oil company (Petro Canada) based in Tripoli, and my colleague, who is on the same office floor as me, showed me some of the new sketches, as part of Libya's massive infrastructure projects coming up...all I have to say is that raw materials are going to be on a shortage, cement, steel, wood, tools, are all on high demand and in shortage...construction is going on all over the place.

The area will be: 2,800,000 ㎡

The Tower consists of 3 Zones:

Zone A for Business Space with 1,400,000㎡
Zone B for Commercial Space with 700,000㎡
Zone C for Residential Space with 700,000㎡

The tower will be over 915 Meters in height making it the world's largest and larger then the current burj dubai which is being constructed. It will be over 100 Meters higher then burj dubai and will be a mind bugling 198 Stories!!

Watch: http://blog.empas.com/humanedesign/23523103

http://www.blinkx.com/burl?v=l3HQvqX...NgzqZyPHgApyTg

Pretty low-tech renderings.
another fantasy project.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

a 200m base...are you kidding? What a hideous project. This wasn't designed by an architect...nor was the croissant next to it.

Though honestly, I'd love it if Lybia had the WTB. It might finally get people to shut up about this stupid distinction that no longer has any play on the cultural progessiveness or cultural prowess of a city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperar View Post
This is like, a parody of Dubai.
Have we really sunk so far as to parody a parody of architecture and urbanity?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 1:39 AM

Quote:
libyaconnected...
I'M GIVING YOU INFO..FOR SOMETHING THAT HASN'T BEEN EVEN ANNOUNCED SO PUBLICLY... I HAVE SEEN PLANS FOR HUGE CONSTRUCTION...THOUGH MANY OF THEM HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED...
I have a question... I am not trying to be sarcastic or any of that nonsense, Its just a simple question.

If most of these plans have not been made public or even announced yet. (As you said previously) Than how did you and your "buddy" get a hold of these documents and rendering's. If no one else knows about them etc. Did your buddy hack their site or something. Or does he know someone that works for Emaar or Tameer, that gave him the info.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa