HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 12:57 PM

New Sifton Condos

Sifton is building new condos called Westwood Village at 3455 Morgan Cres in the Wonderland and Southdale area.

Photos would be appreciated to determine how far along they are. Thanks!

http://www.sifton.com/upload/editor/...Site%20Map.pdf

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 4:12 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Link does not work.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 4:45 PM

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 5:34 PM
User Registered

Google Maps link: http://goo.gl/maps/YzwIm

A lot of work has been going on here. What I don't like is the location is very segregated from the arterials in the area.
-Andover does not go south of Southdale due to some stupid decision to put a seniors home where it would have been extended to Bradley.
-Bradley Avenue does not yet exist
-No direct access to Wonderland
-No direct access to Warncliffe
-Southdale access has no traffic lights. Hard to make left turns due to heavy traffic. Southdale widening may aid this but lights at Andover would have been preferred.
-Minimal transit

In my opinion these issues need to be fixed before you can start development or else it creates a mess like we see right now.

When Bradley gets built, assume it will be a small 2-lane road with minimal amenities to save money. Expect much of Southdale's traffic to shift to it as well towards Wonderland (most traffic on Bradley gets to Wonderland via White Oak and Southdale roads), so it will probably become overcapacity right when it opens.

-----

Oh, and welcome to the forum Corinvest! Don't mind us bickering lol

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 5:43 PM
Sanity merchant

I'll get to the photo's here this week. I am hoping to plot some things myself.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 4:12 PM
Sanity merchant

Drove around there, and tried to record a video 6 or so times, but the phone kept falling out of my holder. Any pictures taken are kind of pointless as they all look the same (new subdivision, nothing fancy).

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 4:42 PM
The Vomit Bag.

indeed. not newsworthy. they build 'em by the million out in the sprawlsville that is Hyde Park.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates