HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
The Chinese investors are gonna collect a lot of Sec. 8 rental income from American taxpayers.
Quote:
Dezhu is building/planning several projects on Boulevard, which may be on land that was used for Section 8 in the past. But are any of their projects Section 8? That seems to be what you are suggesting.

Old Posted Today, 9:00 PM

Yes, I think they're committed to Sec. 8. I'd rather see US/ATL developers be more proactive on low income housing rather than earnings and profits remitted to China.

Old Posted Today, 9:15 PM

Based on my assessment the cost of Norfolk Southern new tower in midtown will cost 575 million and our tallest skyscraper which is Bank of America was sold in 2006 for $436 million gives us an idea or assumption we may be looking at a super-tall but the square footage is only 750,000 of office space??

Old Posted Today, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Based on my assessment the cost of Norfolk Southern new tower in midtown will cost 575 million and our tallest skyscraper which is Bank of America was sold in 2006 for $436 million gives us an idea or assumption we may be looking at a super-tall but the square footage is only 750,000 of office space??
Selling price is not congruent w/construction costs.

Old Posted Today, 10:01 PM

Midtown DRC meeting TONIGHT at 5:30 pm!

The Midtown DRC meeting is TONIGHT at 5:30 pm!

999 Peachtree, 5th Floor Conference Room

https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...nda-111318.pdf

If you are able to attend, please report back on what you learn!

Agenda:

5:30 pm: FOLLOW-UP APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 699 Spring Street (Spring St @ 3rd St.)
New student housing project of 27 stories with retail uses of 9,400 SF at the southeast corner of Spring St. and 3rd St. Two separate ground floor retail spaces are accessible from Spring St. and 3rd St. with a common lobby for residential access along Spring St. Above grade are six (6) levels of podium parking with ~292 parking spaces topped by 20 stories with 320 units (716 beds) marketed to students. The project locates both vehicular and loading access from a shared drive along 3rd St.

6:00 pm: FOLLOW-UP APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 903 Peachtree Street
New 32-story residential project with ground floor retail uses of ~12,000 SF at the southeast corner of Peachtree St. and 8th St. Retail space is accessible from Peachtree St. and the residential lobby entrance is on 8th St. Above grade are eight (8) levels of podium parking with ~549 parking spaces topped by 23 residential stories with 417 market-rate units. The project proposes separated vehicular and loading from 2 drives along 8th St.

Old Posted Today, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
We're not getting a supertall. Probably ever. This project is likely to be similar in size and scope as NCR. Two squat towers.

Old Posted Today, 11:19 PM
jacob jensen

Quote:
Yes, I think they're committed to Sec. 8. I'd rather see US/ATL developers be more proactive on low income housing rather than earnings and profits remitted to China.

i don't think any of this is section 8.

http://www.dezhuus.com/555-boulevard
http://www.dezhuus.com/542-boulevard
http://www.dezhuus.com/525-parkway

http://www.dezhuus.com/projects

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations