HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 15, 2014, 12:14 AM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Most likely a medical emergency.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2014, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrh View Post
Does anybody know why a 777 going from london to LA was diverted here?
my friend who works at the airport said it was a medical American Airlines http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL137

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
But you're right, they are much more crowded than they used to be but I assumed that that was because they'd cut the number of flights. My usual flight to Toronto, which left around 8 pm, was cut a year or two ago.
I thought of this post when I heard the news... the AC 8 pm flight to Toronto is back... only Sundays for now, but I understand it jumps to 4 times a week this summer.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 5:58 PM

James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, Runway 18-36 $8,224,783 Rehabilitation.

Potholes??

j/k

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, Runway 18-36 $8,224,783 Rehabilitation.

Potholes??

j/k
Lol!!! (But I'll bet that there are weeds growing through along the runway edges though.)

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Lol!!! (But I'll bet that there are weeds growing through along the runway edges though.)
Yes very true, this paragraph below explains how the WAA could save a bundle on the problem you mention as well as save taxpayers money on those costly runway rehab projects.
-----------

DuPont™ Perspective® herbicide is effective on many of the most challenging weeds, while maintaining native grasses. “You can make one application and know you’ll get good control and still preserve desirable grasses. Perspective® is even effective on weeds such as kochia that have developed resistance to other chemistries and are becoming harder to control.”

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 6:55 PM

WestJet may add regular flights between Winnipeg and Brandon and Winnipeg and Thompson over the next few years as it continues to expand its 10-month-old regional Encore service.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...255853811.html

Although 2-5 years away, as per WestJet, A very good move on connectivity in regards to regional access via air in Manitoba.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Yes very true, this paragraph below explains how the WAA could save a bundle on the problem you mention as well as save taxpayers money on those costly runway rehab projects.
-----------

DuPont™ Perspective® herbicide is effective on many of the most challenging weeds, while maintaining native grasses. “You can make one application and know you’ll get good control and still preserve desirable grasses. Perspective® is even effective on weeds such as kochia that have developed resistance to other chemistries and are becoming harder to control.”
Dupont must be good alright. That would be like throwing a hand grenade into a crowd --- and killing only the bad guys.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 9:25 PM

ive only heard so I don't know how much of this is really true, but apparently Sunwing is wanting to do year round service to Las Vegas I think I heard next year. and they are also debating about doing Europe again with Winnipeg in mind. again don't know how much of this is totally true. only time will tell

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattiff View Post
ive only heard so I don't know how much of this is really true, but apparently Sunwing is wanting to do year round service to Las Vegas I think I heard next year. and they are also debating about doing Europe again with Winnipeg in mind. again don't know how much of this is totally true. only time will tell
a direct to Vegas to compete with Allegiant out of GF or Fargo would be a smart business decision. I just got back from Vegas out of Fargo and although it's easy to do the 3.5 hr drive, it would be much nicer to do the 25 minute drive!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 1:18 PM
Heart of the Continent

We already have a year long direct flight to Vegas though. I just don't see it as being that exciting.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
We already have a year long direct flight to Vegas though. I just don't see it as being that exciting.
How much does the flight out of Grand Forks cost compared to Winnipeg?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 2:14 PM
Heart of the Continent

And that's not going to change much, although competition should lower it some.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 3:13 PM

^ Anyone who has any flexibility at all in their schedule can score seats to Phoenix or Vegas on Delta or United from Winnipeg for barely over $400... at those prices you're lucky to save $100 per person vs. driving to Grand Forks. Once you factor in gas, parking costs and other incidentals (meals, hotel if necessary, various ridiculous Allegiant fees), you're lucky to save much more than $50 per person. I'm surprised that so many are willing to spend 5 hours driving to save so little.

Allegiant had some crazy-cheap fares back in the 00s, but those are long gone for the most part... these days it's barely worth it to go with them unless you have a family of 10.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Anyone who has any flexibility at all in their schedule can score seats to Phoenix or Vegas on Delta or United from Winnipeg for barely over $400... at those prices you're lucky to save $100 per person vs. driving to Grand Forks. Once you factor in gas, parking costs and other incidentals (meals, hotel if necessary, various ridiculous Allegiant fees), you're lucky to save much more than $50 per person. I'm surprised that so many are willing to spend 5 hours driving to save so little.

Allegiant had some crazy-cheap fares back in the 00s, but those are long gone for the most part... these days it's barely worth it to go with them unless you have a family of 10.
Reminds me of the people idling their cars for 30 minutes waiting to fill up with gas the day before the gas tax was to rise 1.5 cents a litre. Going to waste all that gas and time to save 75 cents for a 50 litre fill-up.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 4:17 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:

^ the extra two hours of driving back to Winnipeg following a "relaxed" weekend in Vegas would also be torture, to put it mildly.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 4:32 PM
Heart of the Continent

I fly from Winnipeg all the time. I take back what I said. Competition on this route would be great.

Old Posted May 30, 2014, 3:21 PM

Premium airport lounge to open this autumn
By: by Murray McNeill

A new premium pay-per-use passenger lounge will be opening this fall at Winnipeg Richardson International Airport.

Plaza Premium Lounge Management Ltd., which bills itself as the world’s leading airport lounge provider, said today air travellers will be able to purchase lounge passes starting at $40.

The lounge, which will be located in the airport’s departure area, will be open to all air travellers, regardless of their choice of airline or class of travel. It will feature a standalone bar, comfortable seating, and a broad variety of food offerings.

"Our goal is to elevate passengers’ travel experience and we believe that the opening of this state-of-the-art Plaza Premium Lounge will achieve exactly that at Winnipeg’s new terminal," said company founder and CEO Song Hoi-see.

The Winnipeg outlet will be Plaza Premium Lounge’s 12th airport lounge in Canada. It now operates more than 110 lounges in 28 airports around the world.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...261248531.html

Cozy, I like premium services.

Old Posted May 30, 2014, 3:36 PM

^ I'm impressed that they're putting one in... but also a little surprised given that I would imagine most of the clientele at pay-per-use lounges must be connecting passengers with time on their hands, which must be rather small in number at YWG these days.

Old Posted May 30, 2014, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ I'm impressed that they're putting one in... but also a little surprised given that I would imagine most of the clientele at pay-per-use lounges must be connecting passengers with time on their hands, which must be rather small in number at YWG these days.
Personally I'm happy as well, but I can't disagree with the fact that this would be geared toward passengers with a very short wait in mind en-route to other destinations.

Well unless your, heading out of the Peg and want to knock a few back before heading out on business and sleep during the flight. The numbers at YWG are not exactly stellar these days. Still offer the service, if it flies, good for them.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan