HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 8:55 PM
National Capital Region

Google Earth Update: Ottawa South

The imagery for Ottawa has been updated .... not in Google Maps yet at the time of this posting. The area updated is mainly areas south of Ottawa, such as Barrhaven, Kemptville, Metcalfe, and Riverside South. You can see the continuation of subdivisions in Barrhaven, and exurbia in Greeley keeps getting bigger. You can see the outlines of what must be the Longfields and Spratt extensions, and you can also now see the Barrhaven Park and Ride. The update also includes a part of Gatineau just north of the airport.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 9:26 PM
Awesome!

If think Kanata and Stittsville are long due for an update, several residences have been built south/southwest of Scotiabank Place and I beleive they've also started to build northeast of Morgan's Grant and just west of Bridlewood just east of the southern Terry Fox extension. Also there ha been several new areas in the northern and western part of Stittsville
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 3:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
If think Kanata and Stittsville are long due for an update, several residences have been built south/southwest of Scotiabank Place and I beleive they've also started to build northeast of Morgan's Grant and just west of Bridlewood just east of the southern Terry Fox extension. Also there ha been several new areas in the northern and western part of Stittsville
I'm in Bridlewood and I believe that the imagery is from late summer/early fall 2005. My childrens school opened in September 2005 and it appears completed in the imagery. However, Terry Fox between Eagleson and Fernbank and a segment just north of Fernbank are either not opened or not built.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 6:09 PM
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynnog View Post
I'm in Bridlewood and I believe that the imagery is from late summer/early fall 2005. My childrens school opened in September 2005 and it appears completed in the imagery. However, Terry Fox between Eagleson and Fernbank and a segment just north of Fernbank are either not opened or not built.
Yeah that was only opened during the spring and summer.

Also, looks from the recent update there has been some prep work done at Half Moon Bay in Barrhaven and the Ottawa E-Map confirms that the area is starting to be under construction with streets already shown.
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 7:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
Yeah that was only opened during the spring and summer.

Also, looks from the recent update there has been some prep work done at Half Moon Bay in Barrhaven and the Ottawa E-Map confirms that the area is starting to be under construction with streets already shown.
The east 1/2 of Bridlewood is circa summer 2007 while the west 1/2 of Bridlewood is older imagery. If you zoom out you can see a darkish line where the two imagery locations merge.

I've had a look at Barrahaven and Navan and based on a couple of properties I know very well, that imagery is summer 2007.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2009, 6:32 PM
National Capital Region

apparently the terrain (i.e. mountains, hills) was updated easter weekend
http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...e_include.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion