HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 10:03 PM

The pit being dug for Hideaway is now several storeys below-grade. (At least 2, looked like potentially 3. ...Didn't walk up to the site, only drove by rather quickly). Hopefully we'll see the final phase of this fantastic project spring up to-grade and above throughout the Fall season!

This portion of Bank is going to be a whole new world once the Hideaway, "Central 4" down the street, and SoBa are up. While I'm confident this area will remain distinctly part of Centretown it will very much have its own flavour within the grander setting of Centretown. This area is already so much more lively and communal feeling than just a few years ago when the old parking lot was there.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentgaulois View Post
Ground floor will be retail, specifically the LCBO (taking up the entire space, I believe of phase 2).
I saw this when walking by central phase 2 last week. I think it pretty much confirms that the LCBO will be taking up the lower level of Phase 2. Should be a pretty big LCBO location for the area, much bigger than the other locations near by.

(zoom in on the binder)

Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 3:19 AM
National Capital Region

welcome to the forum Mike! great shot

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 2:52 PM

Central 2

DSCN3010 - Version 2 by rakerman, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
Central 2

DSCN3010 - Version 2 by rakerman, on Flickr
I just got a flash of East Market.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemwalsh View Post
I saw this when walking by central phase 2 last week. I think it pretty much confirms that the LCBO will be taking up the lower level of Phase 2. Should be a pretty big LCBO location for the area, much bigger than the other locations near by.

(zoom in on the binder)

Im guessing this LCBO will replace the one that used to be next to Loblaws/The Queensway.

The side of the building looks pretty industrial... I like it!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej1984 View Post
Im guessing this LCBO will replace the one that used to be next to Loblaws/The Queensway.

The side of the building looks pretty industrial... I like it!
Nope: it's remaining too. It's the Beer Store that's leaving that location. In some tentative and limited ways, the LCBO is trying to be in more places.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2013, 3:13 PM
Kickass User

The first four floors are starting occupancy this week (phase 2)....

www.MattRichling.com
www.NewPurveyors.com

Old Posted Oct 18, 2013, 11:33 PM

I'm thinking of purchasing ph8 in central 3, on level 8 with the terrace. Can anyone give me their opinion as to whether that unit would be relatively a good purchase.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 12:34 AM

Relative? Relative to what?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally2006 View Post
I'm thinking of purchasing ph8 in central 3, on level 8 with the terrace. Can anyone give me their opinion as to whether that unit would be relatively a good purchase.
Don't know what the price is, but I'm a sucker for a terrace. Faces EAST though, so you'll only really enjoy it if you're a morning person or prefer a bit of shade in the afternoon. Pretty good interior layout and what's not to like about a 400 square foot main living/dining/kitchen area for entertaining.

My 2 cents.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 3:38 AM
Kickass User

Quote:
Not to knock the terrace... but they can be a hard sell sometimes in Ottawa with such limited use due to our winters, for the extra money. If you can make the most of it, (grasses, hot tubs, seating, etc) then it can be worth it. The unit is pretty open on the inside as well so I do like that, but overall its still only 863sqft. Did you walk through the building heights? You will be over the "retirement home" next door, and be up around the terrace level for Opus - which is good...plus good views north and south. Overall "gjhall" pretty much hit it on the head.

Depends on price really... (I don't have my price list here at home with me)

www.MattRichling.com
www.NewPurveyors.com

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 2:45 PM

As the other two have posted - it depends on the price premium they are charging for this terrace. IMO a terrace can be a huge asset for a condo, especially if you are able to BBQ (many projects don't have gas bbq outlets on their balconies, but they offer them on terraces) and enjoy most of it year round (again many terraces are partially covered by the balconies above providing some protection from snow, rain, etc..).

I have lived in a few different condos and my current residence has a very large terrace, it's only me of 5 condos in a 100+ Condo building that has one, so it's a feature that makes my condo unique. The premium the vendor charged me for the terrace was $10,000 for 600+ sq ft. Terrace, which I thought was more than fair value. Now having lived with a terrace, it'll be difficult for me to go back to a condo without one - personally, if I was considering two condos - one with a view and one with a terrace, the terrace would win me over every time.

How big is the terrace and how much extra does it cost?

Quote:

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 3:19 PM

Terrace is about 370 square feet, extra charge is 15k. Ceiling height for the unit is 10"1. I walked up to the 8th level of central 2, the retirement home does not block the view at all and is about a level or two below I would say.

@McC relative to other layouts of condos in that region

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24 View Post
As the other two have posted - it depends on the price premium they are charging for this terrace. IMO a terrace can be a huge asset for a condo, especially if you are able to BBQ (many projects don't have gas bbq outlets on their balconies, but they offer them on terraces) and enjoy most of it year round (again many terraces are partially covered by the balconies above providing some protection from snow, rain, etc..).

I have lived in a few different condos and my current residence has a very large terrace, it's only me of 5 condos in a 100+ Condo building that has one, so it's a feature that makes my condo unique. The premium the vendor charged me for the terrace was $10,000 for 600+ sq ft. Terrace, which I thought was more than fair value. Now having lived with a terrace, it'll be difficult for me to go back to a condo without one - personally, if I was considering two condos - one with a view and one with a terrace, the terrace would win me over every time.

How big is the terrace and how much extra does it cost?
Brother, you're scaring me. lol. I'm taking interim occupancy of a new condo next month and the condo itself is 600 sq/ft. Your terrace alone is 600 sq/ft.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Terrace is about 370 square feet, extra charge is 15k. Ceiling height for the unit is 10"1. I walked up to the 8th level of central 2, the retirement home does not block the view at all and is about a level or two below I would say.

In my personal opinion, terrace space is worth about 30% of the cost per square foot of the indoor space of a unit. So I'd evaluate $10,000 for 600 square feet as a great deal.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob64 View Post
Brother, you're scaring me. lol. I'm taking interim occupancy of a new condo next month and the condo itself is 600 sq/ft. Your terrace alone is 600 sq/ft.
Mines about 850 sq ft on the interior and it's a 2 Bdrm, so it wouldn't be competition to yours.

But don't worry, terraces aren't everything, but they are a great feature. There's lots of demand for 600 sq ft 1 bdrm condos.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 5:31 PM

Quote:

Are you able to negotiate that price down a bit? I'd say its worth it if you could get it for $8-10k. And 10' ceilings will make a big difference too, it'll feel much bigger.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob64 View Post
As we are talking terraces, I am moving into a new condo early next year that has a 856 sq ft covered terrace. This was the selling point for me as I cannot see myself on a 100 sq ft balcony.

Last edited by Boxster; Oct 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
As we are talking terraces, I am moving into a new condo early neat year that has a 856 sq ft covered terrace. This was the selling point for me as I cannot see myself on a 100 sq ft balcony.
What do you mean by covered?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa