HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 4:14 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Never Never Land House by Andrés Jaque.
August 16th, 2010

Spanish architect Andrés Jaque has completed this house on a sloping site in Ibiza with a jumble of cascading terraces supported on stilts.

a few more pics here
http://www.dezeen.com/2010/08/16/nev...-andres-jaque/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 12:10 PM
BANNED

^this seems an industrial confusing house and maybe cold or shadowed in some way with those unuseble spaces, but in other hand, simple constructed, clean with materials, cheap and because this very interesting in other hand. Only this yellow does not fit in windows, but i could survive in it, even when maintanance seems very expensive for an easy going house with for good just few objects of furniture inside. At least an advantage not having those many objects inside barrock, neo-classic things of furniture like many carpets to be cleaned. So this minimum i liked, very functional to the daily use, but could be better, more comfortable inside like the marvellous inside appearance of Norman Foster house, even when i didn't liked the outside and the too deep place where is positioned without an infinity swimming pool in front. From Norman Foster house i like only the #2 and #3 photos showing the interior, the rest not. Too difficult anyway to get the coast without a panoramic elevator. Where the pool is on roof, imo should be the covered garage for maybe 4 cars on top of it.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 12:45 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 1:16 PM

How long will it take for that thing to be covered in graffiti? I'd argue that's exactly the kind of building that deserves it for putting blank walls like that towards your neighbors.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 6:07 PM
BANNED

I in other hand think was a lovely house, very minimal of things to clean, practice to live good, very illuminated, modern etc. and etceteras. I would just prefer the chairs in kitchen with rollers, btw, i would buy office leather white arm comfortable chairs instead, to avoid risks on floor and sincerely pushing all time to go lunch and dinner sucks a while this heavy movement. And i would paint all outside of concrete in white oil painting against graffitti, insects, spiders, water infiltrations. Put lot of cameras registrating the vandalismus to call immediately police to have the drunk guys and girls punished, sending the bill cost of/to repair if happened and with maybe a 2m wall around for my privacy. But the rest is wonderfully ok. I love lab houses. So this is lovelly size, not too big, not too small some 200m² are already perfect for 2/3 rooms, 1 office, 1 salloon, kitchen and 2 baths, garage for 4 cars with lot of space, one of them my oldtimer Rolls-Royce Wraith for some Sunday rides, a small garden with palms, flowers, cactus and white stones, not too much to not pay much with gardening guys and security companies and a small hot tube jacuzzi pool water >25°C <35°C for barbicue, a marble table and sunshade together ontop with a small bar and the all a nice life of tranquility after the shit noisy and confusions in city are to relay a bit at night sundown or looking the stars'constellations, surely not in the neighborhood it is, but maybe the land prices are cheaper there. In this case pool has to be ontop and on front wall i would open big glass curtin windows with reflection mirrored glasses avoiding eyes intrusion. Beautiful Brutalist style house imo !!! And most important not at all expensive to construct, because is very simple and out of complicated decisions at all. Dreams are personal dreams and no neighborhooder has to do a business to. No people there paid or helped with the costs, so own person privacy must be respected. If the law allow it there, so what's wrong, better than all similarities you see street per street down all around. This is just simple, good, modern, very clean, enough for a good relax at home, nice and cheap to mantain, so unique ! I am comfortable if had many here to watch and appreciate instead all those pointed roofs like of concept it is known as 'house' ->

Last edited by M.K.; Aug 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 10:38 PM
Closed account

Wow, these are some wonderfully architectural designs of houses.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2010, 4:13 PM
BANNED

I've seen this one before but didn't know anything about it:

Quote:
Constructed between two giant stones and linked with a concrete mix, the house is rumored to be inspired by the popular American Flintstones cartoon. Although quite unusual, the prehistoric-looking residence does feature some traditional components such as windows, a front door, and even a shingled roof. As you might expect, the house’s design attracts thousands of tourists each year.

http://www.archdaily.com/73745/stone-house/

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 2:06 AM
▓▒░

^That. Is. So. Cool.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
ummmm, no offense but, i dont think i would ever want to live in falling water, its not that impressive and it looks extremely dated
I absolutely love Falling Water, I think it has the most beautiful natural settings, impressive engineering, classic awesome design, and I actually love the interior. It is stuck in a time I want to be in. It looks like the most relaxing place in the world.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 6:13 AM
Meh

Falling Water for sure. It seems like it would be extremely relaxing. Basically, I love any home that brings the outdoors in. I love looking out a window and seeing a wall of green from the trees. I'm not real big on modern though. Some of it is too boxy and sterile. Warm and organic is better.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 6:41 PM
BANNED

I like also Water falls, passing through the entire house, but with small steps, to not disturb, otherwise is too constant noisy. Actually if some kind of small falling many steps water going like inside the house after small lake at the sitting room with white stones and some colored fishes among small bushes of bonzai stuff, why not, it could be the best sinergy with organized nature to relax and the fishes would not think beeing in a glass prison box. But of course the room must be big enough with some marble or clear ceramic floor. To step on without problems a kind of same level of glass covering the 'river' would keep the visual interface not disturbing our steps.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 7:26 PM
BANNED

how about this one

Quote:
Minimalist House / Shinichi Ogawa & Associates
Architects: Shinichi Ogawa & Associates / Urbanist Architect
Site area: 211.59 sqm
Building area: 102.22 sqm
Total floor area: 102.22 sqm
Project Year: 2009
Photographs: Courtesy of Shinichi Ogawa & Associates

http://www.archdaily.com/70869/minim...wa-associates/

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 7:30 PM
BANNED

just miss the WC and Refrigerator, but for someone who is a traveller Business man, single to date a lot in girls' parents places and travel at least 85% of time, i think this minimal fits a lot. A new interpretation of container house. Why so much 'garden' then? For a motel seems ok.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2010, 4:20 AM
BANNED

more spam

Quote:
BL House / Studio Guilherme Torres
Architects: Studio Guilherme Torres
Client: BL
Floor Area: 485 sqm
Project Year: 2007
Photographs: Beto Consorte

http://www.archdaily.com/73106/bl-ho...lherme-torres/

Old Posted Aug 20, 2010, 12:00 PM
BANNED

Those 60ies modernist houses are pretty common in Brazil in every city... Nothing much special on her. Try to find those Origami houses in Japan, they are nice. Even the house behind us here is in this direction... I don't like the revestiment finish of hood instead, would prefer Stainless Steel or even chromed panels with glass... but then my personal taste only.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2010, 1:58 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

I don't like to be secluded too much or out in the country so for me the one that really appeals the most is the Clock Tower loft. Second might be one of those coach houses in London, but I'd need to see the interiors.

But I do like some of the elements found in the Victoria B.C. home and Foster's villa.

Not a fan of the museum / grand hotel chateaus, wth are you suppose to do in a place like that other than play classical music and read all day?

Flickr®

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 9:18 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Im not sure if its "amazing" but Ive always liked the Xeros Residence in the Sunnyslope neighborhood here in Phoenix. Its a neighborhood thats got a lot of wear and tear but does have potential, so Im glad such an interesting home was built there, its become something of a neighborhood landmark.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 4:27 PM
BANNED

looks good to me

Old Posted Aug 22, 2010, 5:32 PM

One of my favourite new houses, and one of the candidates of "Best house" in AR. "Love House" in Japan, home to one man and his bunny. Something like 30 square meters, no windows.

(Too small to make out are "rabbit way" and "rabbit space" on the ground floor)

Pics from http://www.worldarchitecture.org/wor...detail&no=6713 and
www.hosakatakeshi.com

I can't seem to find the cross section on the net, it has the rabbit drawn in!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2010, 6:08 PM
Ex Houstonian

I personally think this is an amazing home, the Skinny House in Boston built in the late 1860s is supposedly the narrowest house in Boston.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sk...useBoston2.jpg

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture