HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 9:50 PM

Needs way more lighting. I hope there's more to come. At least make it look like the dam renderings!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 10:09 PM

Say what you will about the merits of its design, this building, like the Chicago works of Lucien Lagrange, are popular:

Related Midwest refinances One Bennett Park with $205M loan
https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2019...ith-205m-loan/

Quote:
But about six months after the tower’s 279 apartments opened, most are already occupied.

Related Midwest Sales, the firm’s in-house brokerage, has already closed on more than $62 million in condo transactions since sales began in February with new units closing almost weekly, property records show.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
SICK AS HELL!!!! Gosh, I've probably seen thousands of Chicago pics, yet even today some new angle will just wow me at the beauty of this city
WOW. So true. that is such a cool new angle I've never seen before. I wish there was a high res pic. I want this as my desktop background.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWChicago View Post
WOW. So true. that is such a cool new angle I've never seen before. I wish there was a high res pic. I want this as my desktop background.
You can always find my shots on my Flickr photo stream, until they get the site fully up you will be able to easily find them by clicking on the meta-link of the title, and choosing which size to save

Chicago | One Bennett Park by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

In this example Chicago | One Bennett Park is a link to the photo and Harry Carmichael is a link to my photo stream.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 3:26 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
You can always find my shots on my Flickr photo stream, until they get the site fully up you will be able to easily find them by clicking on the meta-link of the title, and choosing which size to save

Chicago | One Bennett Park by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

In this example Chicago | One Bennett Park is a link to the photo and Harry Carmichael is a link to my photo stream.
The color palette, lighting, the uncommon angle view, the subject... everything about this photo is great.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 3:08 AM

In the best way possible, there is something extremely "New York" about that image. I love it, so unique, and absolutely a never before seen angle of our current skyline

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 12:21 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
In the best way possible, there is something extremely "New York" about that image. I love it, so unique, and absolutely a never before seen angle of our current skyline
I thought the same thing. To me it's giving off strong Battery Park vibes.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 12:33 PM
The City

The thing that makes these Chicago pics better and better over the years is the obvious fact that scores of new skyscrapers keep going up.

Had you taken this exact same pic in 2003, for example, it really would not have dazzled nearly as much. The light reflects most distinctly off of buildings that weren’t even around back then, not to mention the height that was added in recent years

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 4:51 PM

That is an extremely rare combination of lighting. There is obviously open sky to the north and dark clouds/sky in the view south giving the reflective buildings the appearance they are lit up with a sunset. Which could never happen. Great and amazing capture HarryC.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
That is an extremely rare combination of lighting. There is obviously open sky to the north and dark clouds/sky in the view south giving the reflective buildings the appearance they are lit up with a sunset. Which could never happen. Great and amazing capture HarryC.
The sun actually does set pretty far to the Northwest during the summer solstice. So the northern elevation of the skyline is lit up by the sunset in late June and early July.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
The sun actually does set pretty far to the Northwest during the summer solstice. So the northern elevation of the skyline is lit up by the sunset in late June and early July.
Good point. That's just northern sky light, though. Not the sun. (oxymoron notwithstanding)

Last edited by bhawk66; Jul 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive