HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:56 AM

172 N Ada

Aug 22

Sept 12

Sept 17

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 1:44 AM

There's a zoning application up for Old Town Park Phase 3. In total, 41 stories and 447 feet to the very top. A total of 456 units, 2 levels of office space, 4 floors of parking, and potential retail space. The estimated cost is $100M, they expect construction to start 2Q 2019 and it will take 27 months to complete.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
There's a zoning application up for Old Town Park Phase 3. In total, 41 stories and 447 feet to the very top. A total of 456 units, 2 levels of office space, 4 floors of parking, and potential retail space. The estimated cost is $100M, they expect construction to start 2Q 2019 and it will take 27 months to complete.
How many total units is that for Old Town Park?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:33 AM

Kind of crazy how a development as massive as Old Town Park(when did the name change from "Atrium Villiage" btw? Or was it never that officially?) can just be lost in the chaos of this cycle. Just goes to show how massive the city is getting that three 400+ footers can all get lost in the shuffle

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:58 AM

Random West Loop crane(s)

Gr333n:

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 3:07 AM

They jumped Gr333n's core formwork AGAIN. I'm pretty sure that thing will just never top out.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:24 PM

Gr333n That core is outrageous

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:28 PM

Nobu Hotel - 854 W Randolph

Aug 22

Sept 12

Sept 17

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:01 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
Why?
Could have been a midrise were it not for the nieghborhood group saying "too many apartments".

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:37 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
Gr333n That core is outrageous
Is that your concrete core, Gr333n, or are you happy to see me??

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:57 PM

Awesome photos, everyone-especially the "Gr333n 3r3ction" photo. So many beautiful brick buildings in that photo!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:59 PM
BANNED

I know, i love that core

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 3:40 PM
Windy City Dan

Gr333n is going to have a huge impact on the area, the initial renderings were lovely to look at for sure, but it's not until you're walking past it that you get a better idea of how tall it really is. I feel like the renderings didn't quite do this one justice. As always, the materials will make or break it, but with Fulton Market and the near West Side exploding the way it has, you gotta think they're do right by the materials, especially with so many options in the neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 4:29 PM

There is a new zoning application up for the site at Chicago and Wells. If you remember, it was supposed to be 24 stories (342 feet) and only around 50 luxury condo units with over 100 parking spaces. I think the owner of the development group then died or something then it fizzled out.

This newest proposal is for a building with 297 units with ground floor commercial and only 16 parking spaces. Floor count at 17 and 210 feet in height. So a shorter building, but much much denser with way less parking.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 4:54 PM

Quote:
There is a new zoning application up for the site at Chicago and Wells. If you remember, it was supposed to be 24 stories (342 feet) and only around 50 luxury condo units with over 100 parking spaces. I think the owner of the development group then died or something then it fizzled out.

This newest proposal is for a building with 297 units with ground floor commercial and only 16 parking spaces. Floor count at 17 and 210 feet in height. So a shorter building, but much much denser with way less parking.
I thought they weren't selling any units, but I could be wrong. That's a drastic increase in the # of units (especially since they'll be rentals), but that corner needs all the help it can get. Wells between Chicago and Division may as well be a graveyard. Thanks, Moody...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
I thought they weren't selling any units, but I could be wrong. That's a drastic increase in the # of units (especially since they'll be rentals), but that corner needs all the help it can get. Wells between Chicago and Division may as well be a graveyard. Thanks, Moody...
I would agree. But in fairness to Moody, much of their planning would have been done when Cabrini Green was to the west of that area. Safe to say that the neighborhood character has evolved quite a bit in recent years.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:12 PM
The City

Quote:

Love this!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
Slow sales were probably a factor, but the principal at Smithfield (Bill Smith) died in 2016. There were other projects of theirs planned in cities like Nashville and Phoenix that either got cancelled or changed after he died.

By the way, AMLI is the developer on this one. They have dark scanned in renderings on the app. I'd grab them but am currently on my phone. Maybe spyguy already has better color renderings

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:57 PM

IMG_0636 by Andrew W, on Flickr

IMG_3390 by Andrew W, on Flickr

It does look rather comical.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 6:03 PM

Quote:

average of 17 units per floor? what a nightmare for residents of that place, probably going to be micro studios or whatever they call them now

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations