HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Park Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 6:23 AM

So looks as though likely construction on this will be going on the same time as The Hub Phase B. Going to be a really busy next 2-3 years around King George Station. Looking forward to construction but a bit less looking forward to dropping off my daughter at daycare every day and the possible traffic insanity.

Oh wells. Good to see things starting to take place. Hopefully it kick starts Surrey into pushing through Whalley Boulevard all the way to 96th Avenue sooner than later. I have a feeling that project is waiting the same as Fraser Highway Widening for the Province to decide LRT/SkyTrain.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
So looks as though likely construction on this will be going on the same time as The Hub Phase B. Going to be a really busy next 2-3 years around King George Station. Looking forward to construction but a bit less looking forward to dropping off my daughter at daycare every day and the possible traffic insanity.

Oh wells. Good to see things starting to take place. Hopefully it kick starts Surrey into pushing through Whalley Boulevard all the way to 96th Avenue sooner than later. I have a feeling that project is waiting the same as Fraser Highway Widening for the Province to decide LRT/SkyTrain.
2018 is going to be a very busy year for the area.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
2018 is going to be a very busy year for the area.
I think 2018 is going to be the start of a very busy decade for the area.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 10:51 PM

According to the numbers provided by BC Assessment, North Surrey condos saw the biggest gains, with a 40 per cent spike from $217,000 to $303,000.

http://www.news1130.com/2018/01/02/p...ssments-condo/

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
According to the numbers provided by BC Assessment, North Surrey condos saw the biggest gains, with a 40 per cent spike from $217,000 to $303,000.

http://www.news1130.com/2018/01/02/p...ssments-condo/
Yah. My apartment @ King George went up 29% this year. My Townhouse went went up 56%... luckily I have a credit with Surrey on the property tax front so won't be as big a hit this year.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Yah. My apartment @ King George went up 29% this year. My Townhouse went went up 56%... luckily I have a credit with Surrey on the property tax front so won't be as big a hit this year.
Wow 56%. Time for Keg steak dinner and a 4K TV with HDR capability. My Ultra condo went up 33% since last July (but in reality it is actually higher). Crazy condo market for Surrey. Not sure how long it can keep up. You got first time homebuyers fueling condo demand with BC interest free housing loans, as well as foreign buyers not subject to the foreign buyers tax on presales which get added to the mix.

PS: Pay property taxes with credit card using PayTM or Plastiq to maximize credit card reward points or satisfy minimum spending requirements for lofty signup reward point bonuses on new credit cards.

I kind of wish I bought a rental condo in Park Boulevard for investment but even last year their asking prices were very high for what was a one bedroom rectangle unit....complete with your kitchen, TV, couches, dining room table all within 2 feet from touching each other....

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 3:14 AM

Does anyone know when this site might start up

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I kind of wish I bought a rental condo in Park Boulevard for investment but even last year their asking prices were very high for what was a one bedroom rectangle unit....complete with your kitchen, TV, couches, dining room table all within 2 feet from touching each other....
Yeah, their prices were stupidly high. But at least they offered a kitchen! Now you're lucky if you just get a square postage stamp-sized room and the only walls are around the toilet...

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
Yeah, their prices were stupidly high. But at least they offered a kitchen! Now you're lucky if you just get a square postage stamp-sized room and the only walls are around the toilet...
Yeah, they were asking nearly 100k more for a 1br than we paid for a 2br in PA East. Plus 22k for a parking space and 5k for bike locker which was included with our purchase..But they sold out...so...

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
Yeah, they were asking nearly 100k more for a 1br than we paid for a 2br in PA East. Plus 22k for a parking space and 5k for bike locker which was included with our purchase..But they sold out...so...
I bought a 1br at blvd. Was always doubting if it is a right decision because paid so much (the decision had to be made in minutes)...until saw Hub's price.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
(the decision had to be made in minutes)
I hate that high-pressure sales tactic. The more people rush me into doing things, the more annoyed and upset I get until I slow down just to spite them.

Regardless of the Hub prices (which are beyond absurd, imho) are you pleased with your purchase so far?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I hate that high-pressure sales tactic. The more people rush me into doing things, the more annoyed and upset I get until I slow down just to spite them.

Regardless of the Hub prices (which are beyond absurd, imho) are you pleased with your purchase so far?
He will be when he's flipping that sucker for 250k.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:

Agree. Feel uncomfortable paying such a high price, and especially under big pressure to make a quick decision. Don't like the process.
But I do like the quality of the building. Don't want to offend anyone bought Hub though, personally I think the quality/design is much better than Hub.
The only thing I don't like is the price (LOL). Compare to less than 500/sf for Park Avenue in early 2016, this one is around 750/sf. But that's the market I guess. Hope I don't regret 3 years later.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
He will be when he's flipping that sucker for 250k.
Please do not judge others. and behave mature.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
Please do not judge others. and behave mature.
I think that was supposed to be a compliment.

But I'm glad you're not regretting your choice. I thought about buying a unit in Evolve, but I couldn't afford it at the time.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I think that was supposed to be a compliment.

But I'm glad you're not regretting your choice. I thought about buying a unit in Evolve, but I couldn't afford it at the time.
I am not a flipper...

I could not afford anywhere else. But buying in Surrey last year turns out not a bad decision I think. Evolve is good too. Every time to buy a property, the price is always beyond my expectation

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:14 PM

Quote:

It's not so much a sales tactic as reality. These places sell so fast at the asking price, you have no choice but to make a quick decision.
Had a look at the Hub's presentations, and while there were a few features I liked, it made me feel better about our unit in P.A.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 4:23 PM

One building down, One to go. Looks like they're gutting it now.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
One building down, One to go. Looks like they're gutting it now.
What’s being gutted?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
What’s being gutted?
I believe he is referring to the old presentation centre and other small temporary building that are where the new tower will go up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley