HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 12, 2005, 4:58 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

I've added 621 and Parthenon to the list. Origionally I wasn't going to include offce towers, but decided that since we have photos (Thanks Costa) we should list them.

Clarifications from the Sacramento forumers, are these two proposals the same?

*700 & 800 block of K street 955 units with 107,330 sf retail (Evergreen/Fischer) pending council agreement.

*South West and South East corner of K street (at 8th) two Towers, 500 + Condos.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2005, 5:39 PM
Here we stAy

I think the second line is talking about half of what the first line is. Confused now?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2005, 2:30 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport
I think the second line is talking about half of what the first line is. Confused now?

Don't you have studying yet Mr. Urban Planner?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2005, 7:45 AM
Here we stAy

There will be no insolence in this thread. Plus, I don't start classes 'till tuesday.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2005, 7:47 AM
Here we stAy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse
I like the Towers on Capitol Mall and Aura... The rest are so-so, with the Parthenon being quite sad.

These projects, if all built, should help Sactown's skyline really thicken up and become much more recognizable.
Really? No love for 701 L? I mean, the base needs a little work from what's in the rendering, but the shape is awesome.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2005, 5:24 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse
I like the Towers on Capitol Mall and Aura... The rest are so-so, with the Parthenon being quite sad.

These projects, if all built, should help Sactown's skyline really thicken up and become much more recognizable.
Really? No love for 701 L? I mean, the base needs a little work from what's in the rendering, but the shape is awesome.

Yeah I agree Mike. 701 L is an awesome design in my opinion. I just hope design review or the or some of the more extreme preservationists don't insist upon saving the ugly facade of the Greyhound depot.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2005, 5:26 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugit

701L Street
31-stories, 400+ feet

I really like the lines and appearance of this building.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2005, 2:14 AM
Here we stAy

Surprised no one mentioned this yet, but this just got approved last Thursday and demo of the building currently on the site will start in a couple weeks, with piles starting by the end of the year.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2005, 4:04 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Surprised no one mentioned this yet, but this just got approved last Thursday and demo of the building currently on the site will start in a couple weeks, with piles starting by the end of the year.

Thanks Mike, (You beat me to it)

Old Posted Sep 10, 2005, 12:18 AM
Here we stAy

Here's good pdf list+maps of everything going on in Sacramento.

http://www.cordanoco.com/project_pdf...radestudy4.pdf

Old Posted Sep 11, 2005, 6:04 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Currently Under Construction.........

*"The Towers" 301 Capitol Mall twin 53 story towers 750 Condos/276 room hotel & Ground floor retail SACA development. Demolition on the exisitng structure has begun.

* 621 Capital Mall, 25 story (400 foot ) office tower. Developer David Taylor. Construction start within the next week or two.

*Plaza Lofts 225 Lofts/22,000 sf retail (CIM Group)

*Fremont Mews 118 Lofts/22,000 sf community garden

*1850 L street 176 units/9,600 sf retail (Sotiris Kolokotronis)

*Capitol Terrace 65 units/3,000 retail (St. Anton)

*15 story Marriott Residence Inn & Condominiums 239 hotel rooms/30 Condos top three floors

*16th & K street 23 lofts/ground floor retail (Loft Works)

*19th & O 10 lofts/10,000 sf ground retail

*12th & K (Old Sears Building) 12 Lofts on the 3rd & 4th floors/Ground floor retail

*9th & K (Former Hale Dept Store/office building) 33 Lofts

*North End Lofts II 14th & H street 11 Lofts

*H street Lofts approximately 8-10 Lofts

*Cal Pers 166 housing units .....R street (Phased)

*Globe Mills 12th & c street 143 Flats/Lofts

* Upper Eastside Lofts (Transit Oriented mixed use Development Planned are 140 units adjacent 65th street RT Metro station) --Ravel Rasmussen Properties/partnering with Separovich Domich.

Awaiting start of construction.

*Aura 38 story residential tower 7th & Capital Mall (Approx 300 Condos) ground Floor retail). BCN Development (Est Construction start late 2005). Goes before planning commission on Sept 22nd for final approval.

*11th Street Lofts (11th & R street behind exisitng 3 story brick building) 14 Live Work Lofts

*12th Street Lofts (12th & R street) 16 Live Work Lofts

*Capitol Lofts 13th street station 114 1, 2 & 3 bedroom lofts& live work lofts

*CADA Warehouse (11th & R) 48 Lofts/Flats and 6 penthouse units

*East End Gateway (16th & N) 130 units with ground floor retail (Lambert Development)

*East End Gateway (16th & O NW Corner) 34 Lofts (Loftworks)

*East End Gateway (16th & O SW Corner) 56 Units/ground floor retail

*East End Gateway (16th & P) 34 units

*IronWorks (Triangle Area Of West Sacramento) 180 Lofts

*Cal Pers (Regis) 700 & 800 Block of R street 32units/1600 sf retail

*Cooper Union Building 16th & H street 13 units/ground floor retail

Planning Process..........

*Epic 50 story condo tower 12th & I street BCN Development.

*Capitol Grand 38 story residential tower 13th & J street, Approx 195 Condos/192 room hotel Mo Mohanna/Lamberth (Est Construction start 2006)

*11th & J street 23 story residential tower with 200 units. St. Anton/Cordano Development (Est Construction start 2006)

*701 L street 31 story mixed use 70-80 apartments (top 12 floors) 160,000 sf ground floor retail/ 233,310 sf office Tower Development (Est Cont start 2006/2007)

*UP Railyards 10,000 housing units/ground retail (application submitted to the City Millenia Associates) pending sale of UP railyards.

* 500 Capital Mall 'Parthenon' 29 story office building (Tsakopoulis family trust) Est construction start 2006

Proposed............

*3,000 condos/lofts (West Sacramento Riverfront) Friedman/Rumsey Band. Estimated construction start 2007

*10 & K street 150 apartments 80 condos 60,000 sf entertainment/retail (Taylor/CIM) pending council agreement.

*700 & 800 block of K street 955 units with 107,330 sf retail (Evergreen/Fischer) pending council agreement.

*South West and South East corner of K street (at 8th) two Towers, 500 + Condos.

*San Diego developers Meridian announced plans to build 61 single-family homes on the site of an office building at 21st and U
45 detached, three-story townhouses 16 units will be 1,000-square foot carriage houses sitting atop garages.

28 lofts and carriage houses at 21st and S streets, just one block from the Meridian project. (Paul Petrovich).

Old Posted Sep 22, 2005, 5:51 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugit
okay, this thread needs pictures

Aura Condo's
38-stories, ~400 ft
www.auracondos.com

Aura cleared desgin review tonight, and is expected to break ground in November.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2005, 9:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX
What is there to do in DT Sac? How does it compare to cities like New Orleans,San Antonio,San Diego cities that are known for having vibrant downtowns.

Paul no offense but i've lived in San Antonio and DT San Antonio is isn't necessarily "vibrant" per se' along the lines of San Diego and New Orleans. The River Walk and River Center Mall are a wonderful anchor for DT San Antonio, but that's about as much as a tourist trap imo as Old Sacramento. As far as Downtown Sacramento and San Antonio, Sac offers more galleries, and pubs, that attract younger people imo. I also think there's a much larger variety of cuisine options, although SA Is a wonderful place to experience TexMex. I will say that I think that San Antonio does some things better than Sacramento (The River Walk) for starters and highway planning for another. However in the same respect, Sacramento has a few qualities i couldn't find in SA. Both are wonderful mid sized cities imo. San Antonio still ranks as one of my favorites.
I can tell you lives in San Antonio during the late 80's/early 90's.

Downtown SA is quite different from just 4 years ago.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2005, 2:44 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekfrmSA

Downtown SA is quite different from just 4 years ago.

I lived there back in 1994, '95 and part of '96. I think the last time that I've been back to visit was in 2001 or 2002. I met a friend for Fiesta who was born and raised in SA who now lives in Phoenix.

I didn't notice that much difference Downtown the last time I was there, except for a few new small hotels. The 'night life' was pretty slow when I lived there and hadn't changed noticeably the last time I was back. Sixth street in Austin was usually where everyone went for a "night on the town" and my roommate bolted for Austin nearly every weekend, so I usually just stayed in SA and explored the area.

Most of the energy and vibrancy in downtown was limited to the River Cener Mall and the Riverwalk and immediately around the Alamo shrine. But if you ventured a block or two away from those environs, the energy level dropped off pretty quickly.

The Riverwalk is beautiful and many cities have tried to copy it without much success. SA has also positioned itself well as the family entertainment destination for South Texas, with Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Sea World.

Like I've said though, it's still my overall favorite city in Texas and arguably one of my top five in the U.S. (despite my joking around with Paul in SA Texas (See Tom Benson moving Saints to SA thread..... )

But anyway SA is a beautiful city with good people living there. I really enjoyed my time there and I enjoy reading about all of the exciting proposals for SA.

But I'm getting (so I apologize to my fellow Sac forumers).

Last edited by urban_encounter; Sep 22, 2005 at 11:11 PM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2005, 2:20 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

<<<I did this so that I could beat SLO Mike to it.........

Old Posted Sep 23, 2005, 2:24 AM
Here we stAy

Since when did I become the posting police?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2005, 7:53 AM
Registirred User

Just curious... what currently sits on the spot of 'The Towers'?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2005, 6:57 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthq
Just curious... what currently sits on the spot of 'The Towers'?

This (It's a former four story bulding that once housed the former Sacramento Union newspaper)

Old Posted Sep 25, 2005, 7:30 AM
Registirred User

Thanks! the picture really helps!

I was actually standing right there at the entrance of the Wells Fargo tower a couple years ago -- yet when I was recently reading about 'The Towers', my mind totally blanked on me when I tried to remember what I saw across the street (now I know why I forgot heheh)...

Looks very depressing.. glad to see the Towers are approved

Old Posted Sep 27, 2005, 12:59 AM
Here we stAy

Yeah, hopefully the building will be down by November.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations