HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 22, 2012, 5:38 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Hmm. It might also have to do with the new roundabout they're building on Grassie and Molson.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
I wonder if they are waiting for the concrete to set before letting traffic on it.
I think its safe to say its set. It's been dry and 30 degrees almost daily for the last few weeks.

On a side note, the landscaping along CPT is going pretty well. The amount of trees they planted is great.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 4:25 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
I think its safe to say its set. It's been dry and 30 degrees almost daily for the last few weeks.

On a side note, the landscaping along CPT is going pretty well. The amount of trees they planted is great.
That's an understatement.

Years from now, CPT will look even better, especially when walking or biking along the paths along the road.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 6:57 PM

Any idea what's going on with the pedestrian overpass over Peguis Trail for the NE Pioneers Greenway by Gateway Rd?

It was open earlier this spring but I see that it is now fenced off and has been that way for a while.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Any idea what's going on with the pedestrian overpass over Peguis Trail for the NE Pioneers Greenway by Gateway Rd?

It was open earlier this spring but I see that it is now fenced off and has been that way for a while.
They were installing some weird posts on both sides of the bridge and paving the pathway that leads up to the bridge. They seem to have finished a few weeks ago, yet it remains closed.

I have some info about the east bound turning lane onto Grassie that was added on Lag a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it will open up when the construction on Molson and Grassie is done. I assume when that oversized round about is complete.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 9:21 PM

I know that the NW part of the ring road is still far away but some interesting developments in my area in preparation for this. The first is the recent completion of paving of a portion of Pipeline Road just north of Leila that stops in the middle of nowhere where CPT will eventually run. It looked like they were going to do both lanes, but stopped after only one lane. Clearly room for a second in the future.

The second is the development of (bursting) Amber Trails north of Templeton and new lots on Amberstone Road and Mosselle Drive backing on to future CPT. These lots have backyards that are "ridged" I'm assuming to support future sound barrier as these properties will back onto the expressway. I wonder if these people even realize this when purchasing their new homes...? Here's the Amber Trails concept map with CPT running north/west of it...

http://genstar.com/public/documents/...29%28Feb21.pdf

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 10:41 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Yeah, some of us knew that already. We know that Leila Ave. will eventually connect to CPT. It's still years away though.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 6:28 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Yeah, some of us knew that already. We know that Leila Ave. will eventually connect to CPT. It's still years away though.
Why would Leila need to connect to CPT? They run parallel.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
Why would Leila need to connect to CPT? They run parallel.
he prolly meant either mcphillips or route 90 i forsee them connecting to mcphillips by 2015 and route 90 by 2017

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 1:20 PM

No, he's right. CPT will run north of Templeton and wrap around Amber Trails to the north and then west. So it will intersect both McPhillips and Leila. Check out the link to the map in my post above.

Further maps are available in the link below. And note the timeline to completion... up to 2021 to McPhillips and 2031 to Route 90. Yikes, I hope I am still alive to see this happen!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...132842593.html

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrinch View Post
No, he's right. CPT will run north of Templeton and wrap around Amber Trails to the north and then west. So it will intersect both McPhillips and Leila. Check out the link to the map in my post above.

Further maps are available in the link below. And note the timeline to completion... up to 2021 to McPhillips and 2031 to Route 90. Yikes, I hope I am still alive to see this happen!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...132842593.html
Council voted recently to move those dates up to help with transportation out of centreport. I believe the timeline is now 2016.

As for Leila not sure what you're talking about. . The map on the link you provided showing the Chief Peguis expansion (the second map on the page) clearly shows the expansion going well north of Leila and diverting South well past the end of Leila.

Page 31: http://transportation.speakupwinnipe...iveSummary.pdf

Last edited by cheswick; Aug 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
As for Leila not sure what you're talking about. . The map on the link you provided showing the Chief Peguis expansion (the second map on the page) clearly shows the expansion going well north of Leila and diverting South well past the end of Leila.
Leila has been extended with the high growth of Amber Trails. The representation of Leila in the city's "speak up" plan even as of today are out of date. Leila at this very moment runs well west of where it shows it stops on page 31 of the plan and will continue to be extended to CPT. Again, refer to the Genstar map above.

You can even see Leila's extension on google maps... plus where it will connect to future CPT running north and west of Amber Trails...

http://maps.google.com/?ll=49.965245...38581&t=h&z=15

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Leila has been extended with the high growth of Amber Trails. The representation of Leila in the city's "speak up" plan even as of today are out of date. Leila at this very moment runs well west of where it shows it stops on page 31 of the plan and will continue to be extended to CPT. Again, refer to the Genstar map above.

You can even see Leila's extension on google maps... plus where it will connect to future CPT running north and west of Amber Trails...

http://maps.google.com/?ll=49.965245...38581&t=h&z=15
I live close to the end of Leila so know where it ends. I definetely read that city map wrong assuming they had Leila's extension to Ritchie was on there.

I didn't know there was any plans of extending Leila though. Considering when they paved the portion of Leila west pipeline about 10 years ago they deliberately made it narrow to limit it to a residential traffic despite there being a tonne of space to make it wider. Seems like an odd decision to then extend it to Cheif Peguis. You would think accessing it via Pipeline or Jefferson would be easy enough.

There is also is a new community planned for the area east of King Edward, both South and North of Jefferson. I got a flyer not that long ago for a community meeting. I think it's called meadows something. Looks like the extension of Chief Peguis will jut right upto it (if I'm reading the map right)

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 9:13 PM

Theres still a right-of-way to widen Leila to 4 lanes all the way through. Theres nothing stopping them from doing that in 5-10 years.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 10:06 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Yeah, I drew a route map on Google Earth a while back and posted it here somewhere. It shows where Leila will eventually and actually terminate once they get CPT west of Main St. up and running, and how CPT will terminate on Route 90 Brookside Blvd.

...and that's interesting how there's a new neighbourhood being planned east of King Edward and goes north and south of Jefferson. It may justify extending Keewatin/Jose Rizal onto where CPT will eventually be laid, and that could extend Leila into this new neighbourhood even further.

Still, this is like what, 10 or 20 years from now?

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2012, 8:12 AM

Found some cool aerial CPT construction pictures at chiefpeguistrail.com

Some of the images are huge.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 5:51 PM

One good picture deserves another.

Any guesses where this picture of "future" CPT is taken from...?

Photos taken by me.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 6:44 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
One good picture deserves another.

Any guesses where this picture of "future" CPT is taken from...?

Photos taken by me.

NW of Templeton and Pipeline looking east (just north of the newest Amber Trails homes).
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 9:07 PM

Is that a little mound where the sticks are in for a future noise barrier wall?

CPT is going to curve around Amber Trails?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2012, 10:04 PM

Those are for the top of the berm grades.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan