HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
I read in an article the other day (I don't remember where) that they were taking the pin down for repairs but that it would return. It is considered iconic and part of the fabric of the area
Yeah, confirmed. There was an article in the Tribune about it the day after I posted a picture of it on FB and Instagram partially dismantled and was freaking out about it and then someone called me a LIAR YOU'RE A LIAR and then the Tribune did write an article saying DON'T FREAK PEOPLE IT'LL BE BACK and part of me is sad that it will be a replica not a restoration, but I also get it because it was structurally unsound and rusted out LIKE YOUR MOM but hey I've had soooo much caffeine already today, and anyway that's the sitch.

Last edited by jedikermit; Apr 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM. Reason: YOUR MOM

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 4:04 PM

Collective Medical Technologies to Expand in Utah

Quote:
Collective Medical Technologies, Inc. (CMT) and the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) today announced the Salt Lake City-based health technology company will expand in Utah, adding hundreds of new high-paying jobs to the community.

CMT is a Salt Lake City-based health technology developer dedicated to eliminating avoidable risk and friction from care delivery. CMT is building the largest geographically-contiguous real-time data network in the United States to enable payers and providers alike to deliver more timely and accurate patient care using real-time alerts and collaborative care management tools to reduce avoidable utilization. CMT’s network of thousands of physicians, nurses, case managers, and others spans hundreds of hospitals, health systems, clinics, plans, and more which collectively serve millions of patients nationwide.

CMT is working closely with the local community to determine the best location for the expansion and plans to announce this at a future date.
http://business.utah.gov/news/collec...s-expand-utah/

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 4:09 PM

"Renderings" of the new prison
Utah State Prison design revealed with explanation of new management style
http://fox13now.com/2017/04/14/utah-...agement-style/
Quote:
The State of Utah released artist renderings of the new state prison's interior design, signaling a shift in management of cell blocks.

The layout allows some guards to monitor the blocks from behind floor-to-ceiling windows, while their partners stroll the block with a technique called direct supervision.

The prison will have a 4,000-bed capacity. Corrections officials told lawmakers that's bigger than most modern prisons around the world.

Construction should be complete in November of 2020, and staff will move in and prepare to welcome prisoners in the Spring of 2021.
---

Controlling costs for new state prison could mean fewer beds
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43867036&nid=148
Quote:
Designers may not be able fit 4,000 beds into the new prison and have ruled out leaving room for expansion within the facility's walls, said Jim Russell, director of the state Division of Facilities Construction and Management.

"Designers may not be able fit 4,000 beds into the new prison and have ruled out leaving room for expansion within the facility's walls, said Jim Russell, director of the state Division of Facilities Construction and Management.
---
Our priorities are quality, safety and security," Russell told the commission, describing the need to scale back the square footage of the prison set to be completed in November 2020 to control costs. "Those things will not be sacrificed at all."

It should be clear by mid-June what impact the adjustments on the design will have on the number of beds, he said, assuring the commission that "sacrificing beds will be the last resort."
---
Bonding for the prison project was also on the commission agenda. Lawmakers initially put up $80 million in cash and authorized $470 million in bonding capacity in 2015, then added another $100 million to that total in the 2017 Legislature.

Russell said $23 million of the cash amount has been spent on the project so far, and he'd like to bond for $240 million in July. But commission members questioned whether that much was needed right away.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 8:30 PM

Driving down State street this weekend I saw fencing up for this. At least it's not another car dealership/pawn shop/title loan place on State

Wasatch Renal Center
3702 S. State

renderings on p13-20
http://www.southsaltlakecity.com/upl...taffReport.pdf

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 8:37 PM

Also the Rite Aid on 3300 S. 700 E. is moving to the corner in the style that Walgreens and CVS uses. The EJO Korean restaurant moved back to where the fabric shop used to be so it doesn't look like the rest of the existing commercial lot will see much change.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Video Link

Sorry, I don't usually re-post the YouTube links but that one was broken where the Video link at the bottom didn't work either. Usually like to tell people that all you need is the jibberish at the end of the address when you have it opened in YouTube.

For this video it was nsrEQCstqXQ
Thanks! I'm not sure how that happened. I just copied it straight from YouTube by pressing the "share" button.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 9:55 PM

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the defunct strip mall on about 8000 s and redwood? The one adjacent to the Trax station.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
Does anyone know if there are any plans for the defunct strip mall on about 8000 s and redwood? The one adjacent to the Trax station.
If you are talking about the shopping center just north of the trax station, that was purchased by Jordan School District for all its auxiliary services after the district split. I don't know the timeframe they plan to be there but I have never heard anything about them wanting to move.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbillbillbill View Post
If you are talking about the shopping center just north of the trax station, that was purchased by Jordan School District for all its auxiliary services after the district split. I don't know the timeframe they plan to be there but I have never heard anything about them wanting to move.
That's an awful waste

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
That's an awful waste
Agreed. I remember hearing that the cost to purchase and renovate it was significantly less than building new facilities. Hopefully once the number of kids in the district slows down, they can focus on building something more appropriate and that corner can be redeveloped. It has great access.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 12:42 PM

L.L.Bean to open first Utah store in Park City

Jason Lee, Deseret News - http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...Park-City.html

PARK CITY — A venerable old name will be among the high-profile monikers residing at the newest commercial development on Main Street in Park City.

L.L.Bean announced Friday that it will open its first Utah store later this year or early in 2018. When it opens its doors, it will be the Maine-based retailer’s westernmost store in the country.

The new 6,300-square-foot store will be located on the corner of Main Street and Heber Avenue in the new the Kimball on Main retail development, according to Ken Kacere, senior vice president and general manager of retail for L.L.Bean.

“It’s the first brick-and-mortar store in Utah, and it’s the first one west of Colorado,” he said. The company operates just 33 stores nationwide.

“This will be one of the more unique and interesting stores based on the fact that we designed it specifically for Park City,” he said...

Artist rendering of new L.L. Bean retail store to built in Park City. Scheduled to open later this year or early 2018, the new 6,300 square-foot store will be located on the corner of Main Street and Heber Avenue in the new The Kimball on Main retail development. It will be the Maine-based retailer's only location west of Colorado.

Last edited by delts145; Jun 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 2:42 PM

The Staples in WVC closed last month, and it looks like the Toys R Us next door is closing too (which means stuff there is up to 40% off if any of you are looking for toys n junk)...have there been any updates recently on plans for that block? The apartments west of there around Fairbourne Station are complete for the most part...I don't think I've heard what's planned for between Fairbourne and Valley Fair.

The site for the large hospital/medical center further west on 3500 South has been cleared for several months now, and there's a new traffic light in place where that street will connect with 3500 (not yet "on," but in place), but there are no other signs of work on that site.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 6:33 PM

I was driving by South Towne mall on the freeway today and noticed they are doing some work inside the old Dillards, does anyone know what is going in there, I tried looking it up, but was either looking in all the wrong places or they are being tight lipped about it. I thought maybe someone on here had better info than me?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 4:30 PM

Deleted

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
The Staples in WVC closed last month, and it looks like the Toys R Us next door is closing too (which means stuff there is up to 40% off if any of you are looking for toys n junk)...have there been any updates recently on plans for that block? The apartments west of there around Fairbourne Station are complete for the most part...I don't think I've heard what's planned for between Fairbourne and Valley Fair.

The site for the large hospital/medical center further west on 3500 South has been cleared for several months now, and there's a new traffic light in place where that street will connect with 3500 (not yet "on," but in place), but there are no other signs of work on that site.
The park and ride lot is being converted to a large parking structure. As for the Staples and Toys R Us, Office building and apartments.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 9:13 PM
BANNED

mu office complex

I came across a new development I didn't know about. It's called the "mu office complex" that shows a rendering of two 10-story buildings that looks to be in Murray on state street just north of the Murray city park.

http://www.bowenstudios.com/renderin...89049&slide=19

But there isn't much info about it.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
I came across a new development I didn't know about. It's called the "mu office complex" that shows a rendering of two 10-story buildings that looks to be in Murray on state street just north of the Murray city park.

http://www.bowenstudios.com/renderin...89049&slide=19

But there isn't much info about it.
That would take out the Murray City Hall as well as some other buildings. I haven't heard anything about that being something talked about. Interesting but I don't get the sky bridge between the plaza and the liquer store/IMC building being built.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 1:11 AM

Here's another one close by on 5400 south & I-15.

http://www.bowenstudios.com/renderin...89049&slide=25

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 3:50 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Here's another one close by on 5400 south & I-15.

http://www.bowenstudios.com/renderin...89049&slide=25
Not sure how far this one has progressed as I tend to get off I-15 at I-215 and haven't seen this since they started clearing the ground.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Not sure how far this one has progressed as I tend to get off I-15 at I-215 and haven't seen this since they started clearing the ground.
The first building will be done this year. It's already got most, if not all the glass on the building. Security National will own and occupy at least part of it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West