HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 10:56 AM

Hale Center Theatre - The Rising Star of Sandy City: Inside the new Hale Centre Theatre

Utah League of Cities and Towns - http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...gn=bvspotlight

The company working with the theatre to increase its technological capabilities is Tait Stage Technologies, renowned for creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, and theatre automation for huge events across the world, including the Olympic Games, extravagant Las Vegas productions, and concerts for the biggest names in the music business like The Rolling Stones, Beyonc, Taylor Swift, Madonna, and more.

“The people at Tait Stage Technologies have told us that there is no live stage theater in the world that has as much stage technology under one roof as we will have here at the Hale Centre Theatre. We will be able to create a ‘wow factor’ that will be unavailable anywhere else,” said Dietlein. “We are combining the latest technology with the traditional form of theater to give audiences something very special that they will love.”

Courtesy of Utah League of Cities and Towns

Courtesy of Utah League of Cities and Towns

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 5:47 PM

Photos of EMC at Vista Station

All photos here,
http://www.siliconsloper.com/2016/07...a-station.html

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 10:28 PM

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 11:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
Great update. Sandy city has come a long ways. But still has a long ways to go. Any updates on "the prestige"?

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Any updates on "the prestige"?
What we would call in the software world 'vaporware'

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 11:36 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Great update. Sandy city has come a long ways. But still has a long ways to go. Any updates on "the prestige"?
I'm so confused, I thought the latest was the Carns?

The crazy thing is, is that apparently the City Council is under the impression that simply having buildings in the "downtown" area creates a downtown. The zoning calls for the Mtn America building to be built to the sidewalk, to accomplish at least a little bit of vibrancy, but the City Council overrode it when the developer wanted to build it behind a parking lot, even thought they previously approved the zoning requirements. They obviously don't quite get it. If I had to live in another downtown in Utah, besides Salt Lake City, there would only be two choices, even though Sandy is growing it's not creating a downtown, those two choices are obvious, Provo or Ogden. Those are the only other actual downtowns in the State.

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I'm so confused, I thought the latest was the Carns?
The Cairns is the city center project as a whole, the Prestige is a planned residential complex with two 25-story towers and two six-story towers. It was supposed to start construction in 2016, but not sure what's up with it. I asked the city about it a few weeks ago and they had this to say:
We approved the site plan back in July 2016, but we are waiting for the developer to submit necessary building permit information as well as the bonds and fees for their site plan. The ball is in their court right now.
So as far as I'm concerned, it's totally "vaporware" right now

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 4:28 PM

I wish they could have made this academy at the fairground site instead of Herriman, but it's still pretty cool nonetheless.

Introducing the Zions Bank Real Academy

(http://www.rsl.com)

(http://www.rsl.com)

Quote:
May 24, 2017
10:38AM MDT
RSL Communications

Located on a 132-acre plot in Herriman City, in the Southwest corner of the Salt Lake Metro Area just 20 minutes west of Rio Tinto Stadium, the Zions Bank Training Center will house the daily training activities for five soccer teams: Major League Soccer’s Real Salt Lake, the United Soccer League’s Real Monarchs, as well as three age-group extensions of the club’s U.S. Soccer Development Academy, previously located in Arizona. For the first time this Fall, RSL will provide a U-14 entry into the USSDA setup, while potential future additions include an RSL Women’s Professional Team, and other youth development age groups.

In Herriman, the Zions Bank Real Academy amenities include a total of 10 fields including the Stadium, with one each for school and Herriman City public use and a total of seven (7) regulation-size training fields (80 yards wide by 120 yards long). Four of the fields will be natural grass and outdoor, with the remaining three fields utilizing a state-of-the-art artificial surface from The Netherlands, including that of the 5,000-seat Zions Bank Stadium. Two of the artificial fields will be housed in the Zions Bank Training Center's iconic 208,000 sq-ft. indoor structure, the largest pre-engineered freespan building in North America. Atop this building will be a solar panel array from Utah’s own Auric Solar, at roughly half the size of its Rio Tinto Stadium installation.

https://www.rsl.com/post/2017/05/24/...opment-pyramid
Current construction

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...l-Academy.html

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 4:47 PM

Very impressive what SLC and the Wasatch Front is doing to foster the development of Soccer throughout all phases, from peewee to major league.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Okay, I just found this PDF of the original master plan. It was originally planned to be much more dense, with no surface parking allowed, and you can see on the plat map what looks like the proposed 12-15 story office buildings from above.

ftp://ftp.draper.ut.us/ordinancestop...rea%20Plan.pdf
Thanks for finding this! What we have now is certainly a big change, and not for anyone's real benefit...

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailsafe View Post
Thanks for finding this! What we have now is certainly a big change, and not for anyone's real benefit...
I don't think they could make underground parking pencil out without 12-15 story buildings. But 12-15 story buildings shouldn't be next to a nature preserve, and probably ought to be closer to the center of Draper, not the edge. It was a bad idea.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I don't think they could make underground parking pencil out without 12-15 story buildings. But 12-15 story buildings shouldn't be next to a nature preserve, and probably ought to be closer to the center of Draper, not the edge. It was a bad idea.
Next to a FrontRunner station, it shouldn't really have had that much parking to begin with.

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailsafe View Post
The Cairns is the city center project as a whole, the Prestige is a planned residential complex with two 25-story towers and two six-story towers. It was supposed to start construction in 2016, but not sure what's up with it. I asked the city about it a few weeks ago and they had this to say:
We approved the site plan back in July 2016, but we are waiting for the developer to submit necessary building permit information as well as the bonds and fees for their site plan. The ball is in their court right now.
So as far as I'm concerned, it's totally "vaporware" right now
I never once thought that this was anything other than a pipe dream.

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 1:20 AM

A look at a few of the things going on near Vista Station. Parc West apartments in the foreground. To the right of them is a new hotel. To the left of them is a parking podium for another apartment project breaking ground. There's also some sort of new entrance/exit here built off Bangerter.

Vista Station, Parc West

www.UtahProjects.info

Last edited by TonyAnderson; May 31, 2017 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:11 AM

Murray....Main St and about 5200s. Two big residential projects going up. With the townhomes this is creating some nice density.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:17 AM

Sandy...so....what's that big residential structure? Is that where the two residential towers Are proposed to go? If so, I thought they would be east of I-15. Still....Sandy is definitely building up, even if no one likes it. Their little downtown is coming along.

Last edited by EPdesign; Jun 7, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
This is nothing like the Proscenium proposal.
"The Proscenium"

VS

"The Prestige"

The Proscenium as a group of three mix use 35-40 story towers, plus a 12 story hotel, plus a 2,500 seat Broadway theater, plus a outdoor retail area.
The Prestige, is simply just housing. Yes, 25 stories is a bit much, however I think this proposal is by far more realistic then the first.
I was thinking this... but maybe not?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 4:21 AM

Picture updates

Your first pics are Sandy Center Plaza (11 story office building). The ones on the west side of the freeway are a hotel and office building. No residential skyscrapers going up.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Picture updates

Your first pics are Sandy Center Plaza (11 story office building). The ones on the west side of the freeway are a hotel and office building. No residential skyscrapers going up.
Thank you TonyAnderson. I wasn't sure. That Hotel is massive for that area.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
Sandy...so....what's that big residential structure? Is that where the two residential towers Are proposed to go? If so, I thought they would be east of I-15. Still....Sandy is definitely building up, even if no one likes it. Their little downtown* is coming along.
*Office park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West