HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 8:18 PM

It's actually not for BP. It's for the food court. They had live music up there on lunch hours last year. I think every Tuesday as part of the downtown thing the Biz puts on.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
How long has that bp had a rooftop patio???
I think it belongs to all of City Place. At least 5 years. I forget when I ate my last double cheeseburger and small fries on that patio.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
I think it belongs to all of City Place. At least 5 years. I forget when I ate my last double cheeseburger and small fries on that patio.
Yeah over 5 years for sure. My wife (then gf) was working at BP like 7 years ago and at the time there was the patio and there was talk at BP that they were looking at building their own on the roof with access from the restaurant. That obviously never materialized.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 9:47 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Same as always - bump to keep the updating photo on the current page...

Bump

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
^Tim's needs a business line-up, like at the bank.
Some Tim's locations like the one in the Richardson Bldg have an express coffee only line in the morning.

I was on midnight's last week but when I went down to the 2nd floor of City Place to use the ATM I saw that there are now the snake lines to control the crowds of Customres at both Tim's and the Zaa Pizza. I don't think that McDonald' s at CP ever had a crowd control line set up.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 1:07 AM

Starting to get real interesting. :-)

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 4:24 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Man, I'm super stoked that this is coming along very nicely. So much more density into our downtown now.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Yeah over 5 years for sure. My wife (then gf) was working at BP like 7 years ago and at the time there was the patio and there was talk at BP that they were looking at building their own on the roof with access from the restaurant. That obviously never materialized.
I can tell you that the City Place Patio has been around sicen the 80's for certain.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Some Tim's locations like the one in the Richardson Bldg have an express coffee only line in the morning.

I was on midnight's last week but when I went down to the 2nd floor of City Place to use the ATM I saw that there are now the snake lines to control the crowds of Customres at both Tim's and the Zaa Pizza. I don't think that McDonald' s at CP ever had a crowd control line set up.
McDonald' s at CP was a zoo for the first several years ..They opened sometime before the mid 90's and took several places from the food court within opening. Pizza place just folded when McDonald' s offered McPizza back then.
I went to Pizza Plac not only for pizza but more so for their fabulous zesty spaghetti.
The line ups were ridiculously long always with no control.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:14 PM

^ that McDonald's is the only thing that's busy in the food court​ outside of weekday lunchtimes. That's why I'm kind of surprised that the Winnipeg Square location didn't last.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post

Yeah, you're right they do have express lines.

They just put up the mazes last week. About time, cleared up the walkway nicely. They had to either remove or rearrange some tables for the Tims line.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
I can tell you that the City Place Patio has been around sicen the 80's for certain.
Maybe 5 years ago they renovated the space. The wooden deck and railing doesn't look too old.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Maybe 5 years ago they renovated the space. The wooden deck and railing doesn't look too old.
The patio was redone a couple years ago. It's a very nice landscaped space with planters and trees.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 11:59 PM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheMoon View Post
The patio was redone a couple years ago. It's a very nice landscaped space with planters and trees.
Yup, nice place to grab a bite in the summer months.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 1:14 AM

I don't mind having my morning coffee break on the deck other than last summer the piling and excavation work made it louder than normal. Probably this year we will be hearing the concrete trucks idling and discharging into the pump bay on Hargrave.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 5:18 PM

Well gosh darn, they should advertise that patio more. Any food court meal is better than anything you could get at Tavern United anyway.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 5:45 PM

On the residential tower, you can see the fancy flare out the building does at the south west corner. The bigger, round columns would be the main rectangular building. The thinner columns outline the flare out. If you follow.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
It used to be the doors to the CityPlace patio still had the original "ep" logo from the Eaton's Place days. The patio was also closed down around the time the skywalk was under construction. From memory it stayed closed a year or two after construction from completed. Based on the logos on the doors I think it would date back to when the mall conversion was initially done on the space.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa....don't go wishing for things you may not want. First, there is immense pressure to watch this thread every couple of minutes to ensure that the live cam image gets transferred over when a new page starts in a timely fashion, then you have the young guns like Jabroni who come in and try to upstage you and make you irrelevant. Not to mention the years of schooling, volunteering, hours spent away from the family.....it's more taxing than you think.
lol..I never thought about it in quite these terms. There is a lot that goes into the page bump..Thinking about it now, I'll have no part in it..

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Well gosh darn, they should advertise that patio more. Any food court meal is better than anything you could get at Tavern United anyway.
Except booze. And the opportunity to aggressively creep out women.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan