HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Delta Rise in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Delta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 12:11 AM

From SSC Feb 1st:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee02 View Post
IMG_3825 by Clement Lee, on Flickr

IMG_3822 by Clement Lee, on Flickr

IMG_3823 by Clement Lee, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 12:14 AM

Already tallest in Delta?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Already tallest in Delta?
heh.. it's got a few more stories to go for that:

"The structure would dwarf two 14-storey buildings in North Delta, which currently have the distinction as Delta's tallest."

Source: Delta Optimist newspaper Article

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 2:01 AM

I like this tower, but being outside the city core and away from professional offices and skytrain makes it appeal a little difficult to establish. Someone said the building was 100% sold but I doubt it.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I like this tower, but being outside the city core and away from professional offices and skytrain makes it appeal a little difficult to establish. Someone said the building was 100% sold but I doubt it.
To a degree but not 100%. They actually have sold a fair amount of units to older people especially those looking to sell their $1+ million homes in North Delta but stay in the area.

Regarding SkyTrain, the bus down Scott Road takes you to Scott Road station fairly quickly from there, almost as quickly as riding SkyTrain from King George Station to Scott Road station so it isn't terribly difficult to get to SkyTrain. And if you have a car and drive, it is actually a pretty good spot. You're only a few blocks away from Nordel Way which connects you to the AFB and SFPR. You also can connect down to the SFPR along Scott Road fairly quickly. And shop wise there is a Superstore right there and a lot of shops immediately around the building. It's actually a fairly good spot if you don't absolutely need to live right on SkyTrain.

Finally you only need to live near SkyTrain if you work along the line +- a bit. If you don't work downtown for example like me, living near SkyTrain has no affect on your life. I could live in South Surrey nowhere near SkyTrain and it wouldn't negatively affect my daily life. And even then, look at the 96-B line now down King George. It is jammed pack now every morning I see it and most of those people are coming from Newton and beyond which is further to SkyTrain than this tower to Scott Road.

So yes the appeal is lower for certain people out there, but not so much so that they couldn't possibly have sold the tower out.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 5:48 AM

Just curious, where do you have 1M+ houses in North Delta? The area doesn't look that affluent to me and it's south of Fraser...

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 6:14 PM

I just looked at MLS and they basically start at 600K and go up from there. You're looking at 3 - 8 bedroom houses on fairly large lots (compared to COV). There are quite a few 1M+ houses.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 8:14 PM

Just who needs 8 bedrooms? I can imaging ever needing maybe maximum 3 bedrooms and a man cave (of course!), but that'sit. What to do with the 3-4 extra ones? North Americans, please explain to a simple European.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Just who needs 8 bedrooms? I can imaging ever needing maybe maximum 3 bedrooms and a man cave (of course!), but that'sit. What to do with the 3-4 extra ones? North Americans, please explain to a simple European.
Probably for extended South Asian (East Indian) families, though I'm not completely sure about North Delta for that ethnic group.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 9:15 PM

Thanks for the update. Looking very impressive for something from a builder that only does lower quality woodframe projects, but I suppose we haven't seen the glazing yet.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 10:01 PM

With the wrap-around balconies, they could probably spandrel the heck out of it and it would still look okay.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 5:09 PM

Quote:
They tend to be either older "mansion" style houses (you get them in CoV too) or as was mentioned, they are typically built by Indo-Canadian families. In the Indo-Canadian community you often will see a large family unit reside in the same house. 2 parents, 2-3 kids, 2 grand parents, maybe an uncle and a few cousins, etc. So you can get 6-12 people living in a single house thus why they tend to build large houses that take up 100% (or near to) of the lot and have 8 bedrooms or more.

North Delta and the adjoining portion of Surrey-Newton has one of the largest Indo-Canadian populations in a single city in North America.

That said, North Delta, and even Surrey actually have a lot of $1 million + houses contrary to popular belief. Just go onto BC Assessment and start popping through neighborhoods and you'll see in many areas of North Delta there are expensive houses to be had. There are quite a few in the $1 million range. You also have a _lot_ of inventory assessed > $750,000.

For example:

Go to BC Assessment and type in: 6625 CABELDU CRES DELTA V4E 1R2

Then on the map start clicking. You'll find some > $1m but you'll also notice that many of the houses range between $700k and $800k with many leaning towards the high number and many over. That's still a fair amount of pocket change and as these are assessed values, the properties would likely go on the market for $50k+ above that assessed value.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 10:21 PM

By Yellow Fever posted yesterday - looking good (though there is some odd spandrel in the recess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 5:35 AM

From SSC posted yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 2:37 AM

By Yellow Fever posted March 28th:

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 4:06 AM

It's actually noticeable over the trees from the SFPR now so likely can see it from Burnaby and Surrey Central. Ways to go but definitely making good progress.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 5:31 AM

yeah, it will surely be visible from farther away as it's the only one in the area. I noticed it when I went up the Wave building couple of weeks ago and it's only 15 floors so far.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 9:59 PM

From SSC:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old Posted May 31, 2016, 12:35 AM

Here's an unique view. Some 130 meters above Metrotown, some 15 kilometers away as the crow flies.

I am still waiting for a new lens filter to arrive for my new zoom lens, which will produce even clearer photos going forward. Stay tuned.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 11:31 PM

By Yellow Fever at SSC posted June 27th:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley