HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Jul 8, 2006, 1:06 AM

Nice. TTC is near-photorealistic.. great choice on the rendering tool.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2006, 5:45 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Dawn to Dusk

Old Posted Jul 12, 2006, 7:19 PM
Information Age

wow!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2006, 9:15 PM

more info

i see that in front of the tides and shoreham you added a tall building. you better raise it to a ht of 900'. it's building C in LSE by architectonica and has a big hole piercing the top.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2006, 9:26 PM
THAT Guy

^I'm confused. Is this a new (unreleased) building you're talking about or what?

Edit: Is building C the one in between Tides and Shoreham but next to the river? Was that the one that was supposed to have the big arch? Any info on this would be awesome. I really hope it is 900 feet - what an awesome place to live

Last edited by spyguy; Aug 4, 2006 at 9:50 PM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2006, 11:06 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archytype
i see that in front of the tides and shoreham you added a tall building. you better raise it to a ht of 900'. it's building C in LSE by architectonica and has a big hole piercing the top.
say what?

is any part of that actually true? 900 ft.? Arquitectonica? big hole piercing the top? for real? man oh man, i can't wait to hear more.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Aug 7, 2006 at 8:30 PM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2006, 2:20 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Soo.. you doin' any work on this now STR?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Sep 11, 2006, 4:52 AM
Eamus Catuli!!!

Bump.

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will themselves not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will not die. - Daniel Burnham

Old Posted Sep 17, 2006, 3:32 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Wow!! After that preview of Chicago 2010 I think I might need a cigarette, (and i don't even smoke).

Incredible work STR....

Old Posted Sep 17, 2006, 4:05 AM

Great stuff, STR.

I'm a bit confused by the tall buildings down by the Field Museum.

One of them is One Museum Park (the blue one?).

But what is the other?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2006, 4:28 AM
Because I'm Clever!

One Museum Park West. There's two towers in that development.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2006, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archytype
I called Architectonia today to try to get some information on this, and I was told no comment. I was told the reason why there was no information on this project was because the developer didn't want any information released at this time When I asked "when could you make a comment", I was told that might be several months, when the developer was ready to do so.

I'm sure that you guys can read between the lines here.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2006, 8:00 PM
Because I'm Clever!

When I have the time, I will be getting back to adding to my Chicago model. Gone is the old method of using bumpmaps, instead I will use a method that blends the techniques used in my WTC and Burj Dubai models with a few good short cuts needed to cut down on time and memory requirements.

The first two attempts at this method are below, Goldman Sachs and 1 Liberty Plaza.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2006, 8:37 PM

Since first browsing this thread when you first created it in March, all I can say is "wow". Keep up the excellent work, STR. Looking forward to the new renderings of Chicago.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2006, 5:04 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Sears Tower Redux, and the CME

Old Posted Oct 12, 2006, 2:32 AM

Outstanding. ST looks great, right down to the accurate variations in floor height.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2006, 9:19 AM
Information Age

love the Sears!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2006, 5:58 PM
Desert Dweller

Seriously, wow

Old Posted Oct 14, 2006, 8:07 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2006, 9:52 PM
JFDinJax, founded c.1998

Are you still taking requests? I'd like to see an animation showing the growth of the skyline. Panorama or aerial (or both!), showing all completed buildings and then showing all buildings rising or expected to rise in the next decade or so. That would be awesome!

I've tried my hand at 3d models, using form-Z and an older Studio Max (don't remember which one). Well, before that I messed around in UnrealEd 2.0. I was such a novice at it, but gained a huge respect for anyone who can do what you do. I'm just amazed there are tools that allow you to shape something as complex as the Fordham Spire! I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Last edited by village person; Oct 14, 2006 at 9:58 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art