HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 16, 2018, 9:52 PM
Skyriser

I edited out that language and abated a flame war but it is not my responsibility to keep you safe at work from the Internet.

If you work for an organization that makes Pat Robertson look like a liberal hippie with their Internet monitoring, you need to take your own precautions.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Speaking of cranes, the Canopy Hotel crane base is in and looks poised for vertical expansion.
Crane is up

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Crane is up
I pester my friend every time by counting all the cranes while we’re driving by Tempe on the 202. Excellent, one more for the pickin!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
I pester my friend every time by counting all the cranes while we’re driving by Tempe on the 202. Excellent, one more for the pickin!
Two cranes for Mirabella, one for The Local, and one for Canopy Hilton all in a half mile there is pretty sweet. Would love for one or both of the towers proposed on 7th St. to get going and get a whole gaggle there.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 8:17 PM

Does anyone know if ASU has updated their campus planning/ master plan? The last one that was released publicly I think was in 2011 and I know a lot has changed since then. Wasn't sure if it was a 10/ 20 year plan?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Two cranes for Mirabella, one for The Local, and one for Canopy Hilton all in a half mile there is pretty sweet. Would love for one or both of the towers proposed on 7th St. to get going and get a whole gaggle there.
Anyone know if the new ISTB-7 or the Novus projects will require a crane of any sort? I didn't think so due to the height of the projects but it would be nice to see even more sprout up around town!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Anyone know if the new ISTB-7 or the Novus projects will require a crane of any sort? I didn't think so due to the height of the projects but it would be nice to see even more sprout up around town!
I expected the Papago Grand project to be using one by now. Isnt that building under construction supposed to be about 140'?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 10:51 PM

Does anyone know what that big building, with what I presume is a patio, at the south of the Rio 2100 complex is? The one facing Rio Salado. I know Spinatos is building a new restaurant in that area, but I haven't heard or seen anything about what that big structure actually is.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutteringpunk View Post
Does anyone know what that big building, with what I presume is a patio, at the south of the Rio 2100 complex is? The one facing Rio Salado. I know Spinatos is building a new restaurant in that area, but I haven't heard or seen anything about what that big structure actually is.
It's a retail building for the 2100 Rio complex. The development review packet is here:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=54149

Not sure whether or not they have tenants lined up.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 3:29 AM

I was hoping a Costco would end up somewhere over there. I hate driving all the way to 44th.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciweiss View Post
I was hoping a Costco would end up somewhere over there. I hate driving all the way to 44th.
I know!! that empty lot in Tempe Marketplace between the Harkins and Car Wash was planned to be a Sams Club many years ago. I don't think that is still the plan...Haven't heard anything about that land in forever.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asugrad View Post
I know!! that empty lot in Tempe Marketplace between the Harkins and Car Wash was planned to be a Sams Club many years ago. I don't think that is still the plan...Haven't heard anything about that land in forever.
I am guessing that Walmart is still holding onto the land. Kind of annoying now that they are closing existing SAM's Clubs across the country. I could potentially see multi-family on that site too eventually.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I edited out that language and abated a flame war but it is not my responsibility to keep you safe at work from the Internet.

If you work for an organization that makes Pat Robertson look like a liberal hippie with their Internet monitoring, you need to take your own precautions.
Okay so I wasn't asking you to police but deferring to your judgement on the ask. I don't believe in censorship per se but I'm making an appeal to all (and deferring, again, to you as moderator) for reasonable decorum. F word is available in just about every facet of culture now so just seems reasonable that useless vulgarity not be a part of skyscraper discussion. Maybe it's just me. And I work for an ULTRA liberal company and that's actually the problem...I find (almost universally without exception) that HR departments at all large companies are as hypocritcal as they come...just like a lot of ultra-conservatives. Thanks for listening and not banning me for a week hopefully for a pretty mild suggestion...

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 5:28 PM

Coverage of the Gilbane student housing project at Apache/Terrace. Apparently called "Alor." They look to be close to finished with the demo of the existing structures when I went by this morning. The new rendering looks nice.

http://rebusinessonline.com/gilbane-...rizona-oregon/

Quote:
TEMPE, ARIZ., AND CORVALLIS, ORE. — Providence, R.I.-based Gilbane Development Co. has announced the launch of two new developments in Arizona and Oregon as part of five recently announced projects across the United States...

In Tempe, Ariz., Gilbane is developing Alor, a three-building, purpose-built student housing and market-rate/workforce housing property. Situated 1,000 feet from Arizona State University’s Tempe campus, the property will feature 946 student beds and 64 units of market-rate/workforce apartments, as well as 12,000 square feet of retail space and a structured parking garage. On-site amenities will include a rooftop swimming pool; courtyard swimming pool; 25,000-square-foot rooftop amenity deck and sky lounge; 6,000-square-foot open-air fitness center with cardio, full weights and a fitness/yoga center; outdoor courtyards with fire pits and cabanas; spa; central clubhouse; 24-hour study lounges; game rooms; and a computer lab...

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Coverage of the Gilbane student housing project at Apache/Terrace. Apparently called "Alor." They look to be close to finished with the demo of the existing structures when I went by this morning. The new rendering looks nice.

http://rebusinessonline.com/gilbane-...rizona-oregon/

Wow that new rendering sure is "Alor"-ing!

With Park Place ramping up soon that's going to be a nice area full of retail soon!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 6:58 PM

NOVUS Innovation Corridor Phase I to Begin

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 6:26 AM

Mill + Rio

Revised 100 Mill Submittal. They increased the amount of hotel rooms and office square feet. Looks like we are going to see this move forward sooner than later after all!

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=31783

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Revised 100 Mill Submittal. They increased the amount of hotel rooms and office square feet. Looks like we are going to see this move forward sooner than later after all!

That intersection is so cursed, I’ll believe it when I see it. How many years have we been waiting for this and the proposed Hayden flour Mill hotel? If they can’t get going during this economy I fear they will never happen.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 6:10 PM

Quote:

Are we looking at the same document? The one I read reduced the overall rooms and lowered the max height from 257’ to 190’. It states this will now be two 15 story buildings instead of the 25 story buildings that were part of the prior proposal.

Don’t get me wrong - 190ft there will be the tallest in the immediate area - but this project is shrinking in size. There is a high demand for office space in Tempe so I could see this moving forward. But seems like we’ll wind up with an 8 story building by the time this ever gets built...

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 4:08 AM
Skyriser

The above document implies the previous project was too tall for the airport. It's 30 ft shorter than what Phoenix requested, which is enough to squeeze a tower crane in the airspace above without anyone complaining.

Tempe needs to get their shit together and deny projects that are going to cause problems with the airport.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest