HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 10:55 PM
BANNED

Wow you are all wrong on so many levels...

I personally like the "antartica's average Elevation is 4000m above sea level" one, hahaha, that is soooo not even close to true, 13000 ft elevation average? That's like the entire rockies being back filled to the top's of the moutains, there is no way the average elevation is that high when the tallest peak on the continent is only like 17000 m high...

Anyhow, to add to this rediculous bickering, the US gets a free pass on this whole climate change thing due to the fact that North America absorbs 50% more CO2 than it emmits, primarily due to the regrowth of forests across the entire eastern half of the US... Don't believe me, look up "North American CO2 Sink" and you will get tons of articles from places like Harvard, try it, its worth reading about... Oddly enough, you never hear Al Gore mention that do you?

PS, I do believe that Global Warming is real and at least partially man-made, but I think people go bonkers about it all the time without actually reading anything about it other than what pop-princesses and Al Gore say about it...

I'll check back later, this ridiculous bickering is hilarious...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 1:06 AM
Resident Composer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstush04 View Post
When it comes to rising temperatures, of course its solely due to mankind!
I seriously hope you only said that through and emotional outburst, rather than never had read any historical book about this planet prior to 2500 B.C.E.

While I certainly do not deny humans having their hand in our climate, realize that we are still coming out of an ice age. And weren't there also reports of our own sun possibly becoming warmer?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 2:29 AM

^ there are more rumours, reports, papers, surveys, and opinions than anyone knows what to do with. Mainly the reason why I'm tired of it. And yes, I was echoing what I hear people saying, but I certainly don't believe that mankind is solely or even mostly responsible. The climate obviously changes quite a bit.

but again, this issue is just too much. I'd rather talk about Dubai development than go back and forth about the stupid ocean temps possibly rising by 1 degree centigrade in the next 40 years. Thank you, Al Gore, for exciting a bunch of morons and putting yourself up on a mighty, "unbiased" pedestal

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 9:36 AM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

ok...Dubai does not equal Antarctica....WHY ARE THERE NO MODS HERE.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 3:39 PM

even though I'm guilty of continuing the "discussion", I definitely agree

you might find that little red-sided triangle icon on the top right of every post window to be more effective than "aarrgggghhhh!"

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 11:29 PM

Megabuilders burj dubai

Megabuilders burj dubai part 1
Video Link

Megabuilders burj dubai part 2
Video Link

Megabuilders burj dubai part 3
Video Link

Megabuilders burj dubai part 4
Video Link

Megabuilders burj dubai part 5
Video Link

Megabuilders burj dubai part 6
Video Link

there you hawe it i hope you like it

this is my youtube space http://www.youtube.com/vanhnrik

Old Posted Jul 12, 2007, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
No I'm totaly against Phoenix's waste of water. People here use huge laws and its just wrong. Vegas, while the hotels use a lot, most of the city's homes dont have lawns.
I find it interesting that people that live in deserts -- where very little humans have historically lived -- think that just not having lawns is environmentally friendly or even sustainable.

One day the shit's coming to town. The way it looks it's probably going to be sooner rather than later.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2007, 9:54 PM
Lurking Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-s View Post
I find it interesting that people that live in deserts -- where very little humans have historically lived -- think that just not having lawns is environmentally friendly or even sustainable.

One day the shit's coming to town. The way it looks it's probably going to be sooner rather than later.
The majority of water used in the US’s desert South West is used for agriculture. While I do agree that water is a finite resource in these areas; I believe that we, the human race, will develop a way to make our water last until “later” then “sooner”. Maybe we can grow our food in a less arid region?

As for Dubai, I wonder what the addition of all this water into the desert has done for the native ecology. Even desert animals need water to live. And now with more of it being sprayed around, is the desert now supporting more animals? It’s like the city is now one big riparian area. If that is the case, the development in Dubai is a good thing for the environment.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 4:06 AM
Resident Composer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstush04 View Post
^ there are more rumours, reports, papers, surveys, and opinions than anyone knows what to do with. Mainly the reason why I'm tired of it. And yes, I was echoing what I hear people saying, but I certainly don't believe that mankind is solely or even mostly responsible. The climate obviously changes quite a bit.

but again, this issue is just too much. I'd rather talk about Dubai development than go back and forth about the stupid ocean temps possibly rising by 1 degree centigrade in the next 40 years. Thank you, Al Gore, for exciting a bunch of morons and putting yourself up on a mighty, "unbiased" pedestal
Agreed.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture