HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 6:21 AM
Crisp and Squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF
I don't get what you're saying. As Slock points out it's Spanish and in SF it's actually a fairly historic place name.

I was joking around. In fact I was actually making a South Park reference--where they go to China, and "Lincoln" is pronounced "Rincon" by a pair of obnoxious sports casters. More of an inside joke, I guess.

Back on topic--what's the ETA for this project's completion?

Last edited by Urban Zombie; Sep 5, 2006 at 6:33 AM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 11:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonAusTirol
what's the ETA for this project's completion?
"When it is finished in 2008". They are rapidly selling the units now. That actually makes it great deal because in CA you can't close until it's finished so you can reserve a unit now at a pretty reasonable price, really (around $1000/sq. ft.) and not have to pay until 2008. Given that, along with the Millenium Tower, it's likely to be the premier address in town for some years (yes, I just think it's prettier and it's certainly taller than The Infinity), I doubt prices will drop over those 2 years no matter how ugly the real estate market gets. So you actually have some chance of some appreciation entirely on credit.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2006, 11:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Church
I'm iffy on the floor count. Fact sheet still lists it at 55, although the architect's representative told me there are 63 levels (?).
I think just looking at the rendering that there are 55 occupiable floors and the "water tank" on top appears to add considerable height, possibly as much as the equivalent of 5 more floors (it looks to be about 4). Also, because of the slope of the hill, the ground (1st) floor of the taller tower is actually at the same level as the 3rd floor of the adjacent townhouse section. So perhaps the architect is adding in all those "floors". The actual height will be consistent with a taller building of about 62 or 63 floors although only 55 will apparently be both above ground and occupiable. At least that's the way I sort out the confusion in my own head.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 3:48 AM

How about trying it this way?:

55 above grade tower levels + 7 levels below entry grade level or basement + 1 level for roof "water tank" = 63 levels total

The basement levels are hidden below the tower in the renderings. Take a look at the webcam image. The larger floors below the base of the tower are all basement levels not counted among the original 55.

http://www.onerinconhill.com/webcam.html

Last edited by SFView; Sep 6, 2006 at 5:19 AM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2006, 3:50 AM

SFView - I think that settles that.

No matter - this will be a very significant building for the Bay Area and I look forward to seeing it.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 4:45 AM

It is 63 stories

One Rincon Hill is definitely 63 stories. Here is the link to the San Francisco Department of Building Inspection log. Its a spreadsheet of projects. Go over all the way to the right of the spreadsheet columns to "Description" and scroll down 37 lines and everyone will be able to clearly see that its says the building is 63 stories.

http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/dbi/ ... y_reports/bpi/February2006.xls

Also, I catered the marketing events for the Chase Communications and if you go to the sales office there were penthouses for sale on the "60th Floor". So its at least 61 stories (60 floors of condominiums plus the lobby.) This is also claimed at the Project Management Advisor, Inc. website.

http://www.pmainc.com/profile_onerin...?MFXsr=2&sm=21

What I don't know is if its 61 or 63 floors above ground. I am thinking its 63 because of what's listed on the SF DBI website. It says its 63 stories PLUS the basement levels. So maybe they are counting the 60 floors of housing plus the lobby plus the roof levels. Wish I saw the architectural drawings and I wish I could get Emporis to make the change to 63 stories.

Plus, someone at Emporis needs to change the the second tower to reflect the real height of 541' and 49 stories (perhaps over 50? with the roof levels?)

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 5:01 AM

If it is 63 floors above grade (excluding the basement), I would assume the floors are no less than 10' apart, so about 630' tall. It is residential, so ~9' ceilings plus ~1' for the slab may be about right. How thick are slabs usually in a residential building like this? How do they run plumbing and HVAC from the center of the core to the outside?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 5:30 AM
Waiting for what's next..

Ok... I'll say it. "May I have more please"? (photos, when it is convenient)

Thanks.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 6:00 AM

...Construction photos that show the number of basement levels more clearly, in addition to the tower levels please?

Thanks.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 6:27 AM

^i guess we should post this again...

This is the webcam for One Rincon Hill. It updates about once every 15 minutes.

during the day you can clearly see the basement levels vs. the tower levels.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 8:11 PM

so about 630' tall.

It's 641'. We were able to confirm that much.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2006, 4:24 AM

The tower is definately taller at the east side of the building due to the lower elevations and sloping site. Could it be that there are 5 extra lower levels exposed at the east side of the building, raising the height to 60 floors, instead of 55 above the south main entrance?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2006, 4:51 AM
Here we stAy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman_95046
^i guess we should post this again...

This is the webcam for One Rincon Hill. It updates about once every 15 minutes.

during the day you can clearly see the basement levels vs. the tower levels.
Damn! Why couldn't they have gotten oxblue!

Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 7:17 AM

63 Story or?

Ok I have figured out how many floors One Rincon Hill has. I have mentioned in here that I found the permit log from the San Francisco Department of Building Inspection. The permit was pulled by Malcolm Drilling and in the permit it says its 63 stories.

I went to the building site today and spoke to a construction worker working on the site. He told me that there was going to be a ground floor lobby that would double height in the very front of the lobby. Above that was an almost full floor mezzanine that had rooms for events, building managers... for the residents. On top of these two floors are 60 floor of condos. The 63rd floor he said is the level for the water tank. He also cleared up why there is only 61 floors listed on the project manager inc. website. They are just counting the lobby and the 60 floors of condos... not the mezzanine level or the water tank level.

You can see all this from the street... the double height lobby with the second floor mezzanine... on top of these two floors its clear that the condos then officially begin. There seems to be 4 basement levels below the main floor and in back of the main floor there also seems to be parking or something that looks like it.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 7:22 AM

Wow, thanks for the info brian.

Will Rogers once said, "children in San Francisco are taught two things: love the Lord and hate Los Angeles."

Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 8:57 AM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Can't wait till it's complete.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2006, 6:27 PM
Proud upstanding member

Wow, SF gets a building over 60 stories!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2006, 7:32 AM

So, you mean...?

All other more recent renderings and model images show 55 stories instead of 62. I am guessing from your latest description, the towers might end up looking something like this. It does seem to work out better. The bottom residential window grouping can now have 6 levels instead of the odd grouping of 5 (see below). The rest of the groupings above are shown with the usual clusters of 6 levels. I altered the rendering to show 10 facade groupings of 6 above a 2 story lobby for the taller tower. The water tank would be on the 63rd level above the ground floor accordingly. I have also increased the shorter tower by 7 stories similarly. I am still somewhat skeptical until we get further into construction.

Also note that the taller tower may already taller by what could be about 4 or 5 exposed basement levels on the east side of the building below the west side ground entry level.

Here is the original official rendering from http://www.onerinconhill.com/ for comparison:

Old Posted Sep 23, 2006, 11:30 PM

The new possible height, bulk and floor counts for One Rincon Hill are beginning to look more like this early conceptual rendering for two of the residential Transbay Towers, (http://sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/...Framework.pdf) which were/are also originally "550 and 450 foot" towers.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 1:04 AM

http://www.onerinconhill.com/newslet...html#onerincon

a nice little update that they sent out by email today.

Q & A
What is the current construction status?
Construction is precisely on schedule. Crews have poured the 10th floor and are forming the 11th floor. The contractor will soon begin pouring a new floor of concrete every three days. On Oct. 1, installation of the glass curtainwall will begin. Concurrently, work will start on the interiors.

When is the topping out of the first tower?
The topping out is anticipated May 2007.

When will Phase I (tower 1) be completed and ready for move-in?
Floors 8-27 will be ready for closing and move-in sometime late 2007. Floors 28-60 will be ready for closing and move-in sometime early 2008 (anticipated).

When will Tower 2 Start?
Construction on the second tower will start sometime in 2008. An official date will be announced in coming months.

When will the whole thing be complete?
Estimated completion for Phase II is mid-2009.

What will be the traffic flow into One Rincon Hill?
The far left lane on First Street will be a designated lane that commuter traffic cannot use. You will be able to drive straight into One Rincon Hill's driveway and parking from there. Also you'll be able to enter from Harrison Street traveling east or west.

What is the availability?
Currently, the 360 initial reservations are quickly being converted to contracts. There are still more than 30 one-, two- and threebedrooms with great views available, ranging in price from $600,000 to $2.5 million, as well as 13 luxury townhomes along Harrison Street, starting at $1.4 million with private entrances and outdoor patios, and all the amenities in the tower homes.

Does the building have air conditioning?
Yes, the building has individually thermostatic controlled heat pumps in home that provides heating and cooling.

What will the noise be like?
Inside each home should be very quiet. Homes have double-paned windows. In addition, the curtainwall has further insulating qualities.

Will Tower 2 block the views of Tower 1?
No. The buildings are off-set from each other on a 45-foot diagonal. They were designed to NOT obstruct the views to the Bay Bridge or the Financial District. Tower 2 will be in the peripheral view.

GEE WHIZ
According to Bovis Lend Lease, One Rincon Hill's construction will feature:

43,000 cubic yards of cast-in-place concrete, weighing 174,150,000 lbs (87,075 tons).

12,543,212 lbs (6,271 tons) of reinforcing steel, which, if laid end-to-end, would be approximately 1,400 miles of rebar (enough to stretch from the construction site to Lubbock, Texas).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive