HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
I usually cycle past the site on my way home from work. For the first time ever there were no workers on site at 5:30 on a Monday (Aug 21). In addition, they have excavated the east side back down almost to the footings after weeks of slowly back filling and compacting.

I'm told that the reason for the removal of the previously placed backfill is the lack of a filter fabric between the free-draining gravel adjacent to the waterproofing membrane and the clay backfill outside of the the gravel. As a result, all of that material needs to be removed and replaced, this time with the filter fabric separating the 2 different types of backfill material.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 5:00 PM

Thanks for the pictures, I will go up there this weekend and take a look myself, would that be on the 2 exposed sides or just the one?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 2:24 PM

site looks great.

hopefully in a month or so we possibly might hear on parcel d/e. i remember the article saying late summer/early fall for a public sale. when does this red crane get taken down? or will it be used for the office parkade?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:32 PM

The excavation to install the fabric has now been extended around the corner to the north side. There are rolls of fabric in the trench awaiting installation. The removed material has been loosely dumped on the sloped sides of the original excavation.

They had been picking up the pace of backfilling. I'm sure this oversight has delayed clearing the office tower site by at least a week if not more.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
The excavation to install the fabric has now been extended around the corner to the north side. There are rolls of fabric in the trench awaiting installation. The removed material has been loosely dumped on the sloped sides of the original excavation.

They had been picking up the pace of backfilling. I'm sure this oversight has delayed clearing the office tower site by at least a week if not more.
good info. thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 12:14 AM

All pics mine

Looks like the final concrete has been poured on the parkade:

And the condo first floor columns are underway:

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 3:50 AM

Pagnotta started pouring columns today. While we were finishing the slab and ramp today.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 2:27 PM

Awesome!

Will the hotel and condo floors be going up at the same pace? I guess we still are unsure if theres 1 or 2 cranes for the towers.

i know the hotel on college was going up a floor every 10-15 days.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 9:23 PM

Photos! Thanks alt_center!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Aug 27, 2017 at 2:19 PM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 1:19 AM

Looks like the re-excavation is complete and filter fabric installed. But they have not yet started re-backfilling. Could not get pictures though.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 10:41 PM

East Office Tower Renders

Not sure if these have been shared before on this forum, but I came across these renders of the Interior of the East tower on Colliers' website. Looks like there will be some great public lobby space with this project.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 2:59 PM

Pretty swanky.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 6:24 PM

Yup, we'll have to see if the realities of the construction pricing impacts the "swankiness" of the finished product.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 8:55 PM

Was running by the site today at lunch and they are making quick progress as they were already working on the first floor above the pillars! I was actually very surprised to see that it was already at that stage. Can't be long now before a taller crane will be required.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2017, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Was running by the site today at lunch and they are making quick progress as they were already working on the first floor above the pillars! I was actually very surprised to see that it was already at that stage. Can't be long now before a taller crane will be required.
Yeah... by the looks of it only 2 floors max to go before we need to get the other one. I have a friend who has been surveying the site and he seems to think its only the 1 crane for both towers. I still think there should be 2 since the towers have different completion dates.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2017, 11:41 PM

I think the completion dates are mostly different due to interior installations and construction more so than whats outside. It will be harder to finish the condos than it will hotel rooms. That is where i suspect the difference in dates comes from. I could see just one crane for hotel/condo and then maybe another for the office building.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 5:25 PM

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 9:33 PM

There seems to be so much "staging" on the location of the first tower that was suppose to start this Fall, that is seems impossible that they could begin excavation any time soon...but what do I know!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 3:48 PM

The office T will be where the dirt is...disappearing from. Far east side, nearest the bridge. Staging junk's in the future swamp at the moment. All could be well in a couple of days with these pros.

Thanks Echoes, for the drone hook-up shots! Cheers!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 1:05 AM

Passed by today (Fri Sept 8). The blue container placed in front of the condo looks like an electrical distribution point:

They poured a small concrete pad on the road right on top of the paving stones, and some sort of bulkhead in front of the slab. In the distance you can see the rRemai mModern with the signage removed. It looked like a very professional installation but it was gone 24-48 hours after it appeared:

It looks like at least one column had to be redone:

The re-backfilling is progressing nicely and the dirt pile is rapidly disappearing. It seems to me there is nowhere near enough dirt remaining in the pile to complete the backfilling. I wonder if they will use material from the office building parkade to backfill the hotel/condo:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan