HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 4:52 AM

^ Nope, you're thinking of 611 Folsom.

Will Rogers once said, "children in San Francisco are taught two things: love the Lord and hate Los Angeles."

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 4:55 AM

Oh, at this point, the small concrete balcony pads look really bad. Not saying the owners should not have them, I am just excited to see how they will look when completed.

Right now, they look like mold marks on a plastic object!

Also, I was not impressed with the part of town the building is in. Not a lot of stuff around it, and not the best part of town - however, that will change very soon (there will be a market for better stuff, and it will quickly move in and the undesireable stuff moves out).

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 6:47 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenratboy View Post
Also, I was not impressed with the part of town the building is in. Not a lot of stuff around it, and not the best part of town - however, that will change very soon (there will be a market for better stuff, and it will quickly move in and the undesireable stuff moves out).
For Heaven's sake--people keep saying this. The whole point of this project, it's twin in the next block and the other stuff to come is to transform the neighborhood. If it was already nice, this kind of project wouldn't be built there--the neighbors would scream bloody murder at having a 40-story building popping up in their midst. Can anyone here imagine highrises in Noe Valley or Cow Hollow?

It WILL be a prestigious hood, in a Chicago sort of way, in 5-10 years--give it time.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
For Heaven's sake--people keep saying this. The whole point of this project, it's twin in the next block and the other stuff to come is to transform the neighborhood. If it was already nice, this kind of project wouldn't be built there--the neighbors would scream bloody murder at having a 40-story building popping up in their midst. Can anyone here imagine highrises in Noe Valley or Cow Hollow?

It WILL be a prestigious hood, in a Chicago sort of way, in 5-10 years--give it time.
You suck at reading - reading the very post I typed.

I said the hood was not great, by this stuff going in, that will all change!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2007, 12:31 AM

Photos from 01-07

Not much change from my last set, but I tried to capture some different angles and locations...

Old Posted Jan 10, 2007, 1:08 AM
mumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
And this thread is back in the proposal section because.....???
Good question!

But I think I know the answer: the person moving the thread looked only at the first page (started in Feb 05) & therefore didn't realize that this project is well past the proposal stage. It has become reality & is well on its way to completion.

Whoever can do this, please move the thread back to Highrise Construction where I think it belongs & also check whether such "filing errors" have happened elsewhere.

Thanks for all the photos btw.

Last edited by CHapp; Jan 10, 2007 at 1:22 AM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2007, 3:38 PM

Thank you for all the pics botoxic.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2007, 12:22 AM
Green Berniecrat

Ahh, I see they have moved the thread here now, thats good. I, among other people, were confused as to why this was still in the proposed forum, heh. Anyways, nice pictures botoxic, thanks.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2007, 8:14 AM
mumble

Quote:
Whoever can do this, please move the thread back to Highrise Construction where I think it belongs
Hey, it happened by sheer magic!

Whoever did this, dude!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2007, 12:50 AM
Green Berniecrat

The first Infinity tower and midrise look like they're very close to being completed. I have no way of knowing when they'll be done because Webcor wont update its site no matter what. I'm guessing somewhere around mid-March.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 3:59 AM
Green Berniecrat

Here's a fairly accurate check of the progress so far on both towers and midrises...

Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 8:48 PM
Here we stAy

Is the one tower really almost topped out? This one went up faster than I thought.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 12:43 AM
Green Berniecrat

The first tower (or elevator core of the first tower) had reached level 33 the last time Webcor updated its website (and we all know how long ago that was), so I would think that only the structural top remains to be placed.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 1:01 AM

Actual Height?

How does one go about finding out the actual height of these two towers. They are listed at 450'/350' but like One Rincon Hill which was 550'/450' it turned out to be 641'/541' I am sure they are taller than whats listed. Now granted One Rincon Hill was able to sneak in all those street level townhomes under the actual entrance thus making it at least 40'-50' taller than stated plus the 40'-50' water tank on top but with Spear Street the actual height must be something like 375'-400' and 475'-500'. Just curious how this can be checked out? With the Planning Departmetn?

Last edited by briankendall; Jan 24, 2007 at 8:54 AM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 4:26 AM
Green Berniecrat

I personally believe that the title of the thread has it right. You can sort of eyeball it and say that the first tower is too short to be 400'. But I would believe that contacting either the developer or the planning department would do good if you curious.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminisence View Post
The first tower (or elevator core of the first tower) had reached level 33 the last time Webcor updated its website (and we all know how long ago that was), so I would think that only the structural top remains to be placed.
This might be news (forgive me if it's not), but I just saw this at Webcor's site:

UPDATE

January 2007

Building A: Concrete has been poured through level 4.

Building B: We had the topping-off party for the 36-story tower and are now installing the mechanical pads and roof screen steel.

Building C: Glass installation has begun on the SE side of the building facing Main Street.

Building D: With the completion of the first floor of building D, we have progressed out of the hole and finished the 5 levels of the subterranean parking structure.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 1:14 AM
Green Berniecrat

The title of this thread should also be changed to 41 and 36 story towers, as Webcor depicts it.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 6:58 AM

Driving past Infinity on the Bay Bridge this week, I had a feeling the first tower had topped out. The last level they poured looked significantly taller than those below it, and from the high vantage point of the Bridge, you can actually see a good deal of the roof screen rebar.

Oh, and what are the chances that the architect of Infinity has the same blender I do?!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2007, 11:20 PM
Green Berniecrat

According to the official Infinity website, I count 37 floors on the lower tower (the one they just topped off) and 42 on the taller tower to come. Also, 9 levels for the midrise next door and 8 levels for the smaller midrise.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 4:45 AM

Site Photos from 01-28

Let's see...the second tower's core is now 3-4 stories out of the ground, the glass patterns around the upper floor balconies are emerging on the first tower, and work on the midrises seems to be progressing nicely...Infinity's got it goin' on!

Infinity and One Rincon:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive