HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 8:00 AM

I like the Freedom Tower and all of the others being built on that site. Especially tower #2. Tower #2 would be even more awsome if it came to a point at the center top of the building rather than the corner top. Just imagine that people. Oh man that would be beautiful. I wish someone could do a photo-shop of that idea. Tower #3 and #4 I can't see any differently. Maybe this comment belong on tower #2 thread.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 2:01 PM
The Desert Apple

This has got to be the most mind numbing thread on the entire forum, and I don't think I have to say why. The fact that I actually come back from time to time makes me a little masochistic.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus22minus1 View Post
This has got to be the most mind numbing thread on the entire forum
That's because there is so little going on that the same crud gets repeated over and over.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdupree View Post
I like the Freedom Tower and all of the others being built on that site. Especially tower #2. Tower #2 would be even more awsome if it came to a point at the center top of the building rather than the corner top. Just imagine that people. Oh man that would be beautiful. I wish someone could do a photo-shop of that idea. Tower #3 and #4 I can't see any differently. Maybe this comment belong on tower #2 thread.
The idea of the slope on No. 2 is to direct one's eyes down to the memorial. Obviously making a central point (as cool as that might look) would destroy any such effect.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 9:11 PM
Landmark Restored

I hate to be one of those people, but...

Any updates?

This thread desperately needs a photo update.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 10:42 PM
BANNED

It took seven years to build the Twins.

The Freedom Tower will be completed two years sooner. And you can't wait for five years?

Patience is a vertue. Good things come to those who wait.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 11:14 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
Truly, the pace it is going at is a little slow.
Not at all. I pass by there nearly everyday, and the site is always buzzing with activity. I was heading to the WFC yesterday via Liberty Street, and got a peak (tough to see from there). Trust me, progress can clearly by seen.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
The idea of the slope on No. 2 is to direct one's eyes down to the memorial. Obviously making a central point (as cool as that might look) would destroy any such effect.
Didn't know that was the reason for that design. I like Tower #2 pretty much as is anyway. It already has the best style of them all. Anyway, I can't wait to see this one start growing and it will be the tallest.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 2:58 AM

Location: philadelphia -umm loft district/chinatown, i don't know what its called
I don't really ever post in NY threads...

I have been watching this thread for a while now and it kinda does need a photo update...I would classify this build as a fairly significant piece of architecture in the grand scheme of things for this country...especially with the cultural significance that its has for America....whether you agree or disagree with its design...There are a lot of buildings that don't even have a fraction of the significance or meaning of this one that have photo updates almost everyday...I'm almost half tempted to take the Chinatown bus up to you guys and take some photos...lol i guess it would give me an excuse to visit old friends.....

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 5:58 AM
I love boxes.

Quote:
I just hope it's above ground already. Truly, the pace it is going at is a little slow.
Do you any idea how much work is going on at ground zero, for the trillionth time: they are not constructing sh#t over fresh ground, but over the wreck of two monster sized buildings. Have some patience for god sake...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 7:18 AM

Quote:
I would have liked two Freedom Towers instead of one. ... that it would look like the Twin Towers' ghosts!
Recently I saw "Click" the movie : http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/click/site/index.php

At the end of the movie , the scene took place in 2021 maybe near the Hudson river for a party, and we can see clearly 2 Freedom Tower in the skyline ...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 3:40 PM

Some pictures from wtcrising.com:

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 6:07 PM
BANNED

Thank you, Ghost!

Some refreshing update pics!!

In the top pic, it looks like the workers are about to add another wall to the slurry wall. Is that correct?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:33 PM

Talking

After looking at today's WTC live webcam it looks like the two cranes at the FT site have moved up in elevation again!? A positive development.

I would guess the core and steel columns would break through street level sometime in June or July.

Progress! Sweet Progress!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 3:17 PM
BANNED

The part that will take some time is the concrete core - simply because first the rebar has to be tied in place crosswise to form the "framework for that, then lumber and plywood has to be the mold for the walls, then the concrete poured and finally, it has to cure and harden.

I imagine that the core's wall are going to be about two or three feet thick.

The steel is faster and will go up like nothing. Which is why once the core gets past the street level and in the air, the steel will sprout up reall fast.

Last edited by Daquan13; Mar 15, 2008 at 5:03 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 8:28 PM

I think the part that is taking the most time right now is those basement floors. And that's because the old structure... And also they can't finish everything because they have to some day take down that temporary PATH entrance.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2008, 4:26 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
The part that will take some time is the concrete core - simply because first the rebar has to be tied in place crosswise to form the "framework for that, then lumber and plywood has to be the mold for the walls, then the concrete poured and finally, it has to cure and harden.

I imagine that the core's wall are going to be about two or three feet thick.

The steel is faster and will go up like nothing. Which is why once the core gets past the street level and in the air, the streat will sprout up reall fast.
Actually the core's wall will be 3 feet thick...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2008, 5:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Actually the core's wall will be 3 feet thick...

Thought so.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2008, 4:07 PM

Been a l-o-n-g time since I've seen any concrete poured in the core area..... at least a month.... a lot of rebar work going on.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2008, 7:29 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzlecraft View Post
Been a l-o-n-g time since I've seen any concrete poured in the core area..... at least a month.... a lot of rebar work going on.
I think they are getting ready for the next big concrete pour? Should be sometime within the next couple of weeks.

I can't wait until this thing finally breaks through the street level. (Have to keep telling myself the FT is 8 stories under street level to keep from getting frustrated!)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive