HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSS View Post
Thanks, that makes sense. Is Hwy 2 4-laned from St. Albert to Athabasca? To me that would make the most sense if it isn't already. Then it would be a short distance from Athabasca to Grassland.
The twinned #2 is only up to Morrinville. There are lights at a level interchange just south of Morriville. The last government kept differing a new grade separated interchange. There is talk of an interchange at Legal. If 2 was twinned to Clyde Corner that would alleviate some issues along that stretch. Highway 28 needs to be upgrade to Grass Land.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2016, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSS View Post
Thanks, that makes sense. Is Hwy 2 4-laned from St. Albert to Athabasca? To me that would make the most sense if it isn't already. Then it would be a short distance from Athabasca to Grassland.
It is 4-lane from St. Albert to just north of Morinville. Past that is typical 2 lane. I really doubt the gov is going to focus on anything north of Edmonton for a while. Oil is low. Lots and lots of traffic, both light and heavy, have stopped traveling these routes.

The biggest issue currently in AB for roads, is QEII around Red Deer. Too much traffic, not enough road.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Airboy's post.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
It is 4-lane from St. Albert to just north of Morinville. Past that is typical 2 lane. I really doubt the gov is going to focus on anything north of Edmonton for a while. Oil is low. Lots and lots of traffic, both light and heavy, have stopped traveling these routes.

The biggest issue currently in AB for roads, is QEII around Red Deer. Too much traffic, not enough road.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Airboy's post.
QE II (anyone else still call it the Deerfoot?) needs to be 3 lanes it's entire length. While they are at that, put in the safety features needed to bump the limit up to 120kph like in BC. Most people are doing 120-140 anyway.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 1:52 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

^ It's only the Deerfoot within Calgary.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mind View Post
QE II (anyone else still call it the Deerfoot?) needs to be 3 lanes it's entire length. While they are at that, put in the safety features needed to bump the limit up to 120kph like in BC. Most people are doing 120-140 anyway.
I agree wholeheartedly. But I do think that an entire 6 laned QEII is years away still. The speed limit should be bumped to 120kph right now on the long rural sections of QEII where congestion isn't so bad.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia