HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 7:37 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Denver House Rentals - Any Good Resources??

Hey all. I will be looking at moving to Denver in the next few months. I was wondering if anyone knew of a few good resources (free or subscription) for hunting for good house rentals? I know the usual suspects like Zillow and Craigslist but I wasn't sure if there was something more local or comprehensive. OR a better search program out there I haven't heard of yet. Printed newsletters, real estate bulletins, even small network referrals would be OK. Any way to find the house I want.

As far as location, I'm thinking LoHi/Sloan's Lake/Edgewater area, but anywhere near downtown in an older/safe neighborhood would be fine with me. I like Wash Park and Baker, but they seem pricey. DU neighborhood too. I'm trying to find something with minimum 3bd/2bathroom for nothing over $2500/month. I'll be sharing with roomies.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 7:41 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Yeesh. 147 views and not a single out-of-the-box idea for Denver house hunting?

Guess I'm sticking to Zillow and Craigslist.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 9:04 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
Yeesh. 147 views and not a single out-of-the-box idea for Denver house hunting?

Guess I'm sticking to Zillow and Craigslist.
House hunting is kind of tricky. Zillow and Craigslist are your best online options. Walking around each neighborhood and sign hunting is probably the best way to do it since a lot of landlords don't list their property.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 9:25 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

You could always show up on Ryan's doorstep, knock him out, and tie him up in the basement. Boom! You've secured a house.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 PM
BANNED

I may have s 2b/2b in lohi.coming avail..pm me if you want to chat.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 11:25 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
You could always show up on Ryan's doorstep, knock him out, and tie him up in the basement. Boom! You've secured a house.
Oooohhhhh myyyyy. This sounds more like a party than a takeover.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 3:42 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Oooohhhhh myyyyy. This sounds more like a party than a takeover.
Hahaha. A few ideas/images popped into my head from these. One was Pulp Fiction. The other was a vision of living the high life in Cap Hill. Like when Homer imagines that robbing the Kwik-E-Mart would bring him unfathomable riches. The monocle and the rocking chair with the go-go music. Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
I may have s 2b/2b in lohi.coming avail..pm me if you want to chat.
bcp, thanks for that. I will keep that in mind. LoHi would be amazing.

It seems like the hardest part is actually getting a lease. Competition is fierce. My credit score is decent but there are so many people who make a lot more than me. This one townhome on 20th by City Park came up and I guarantee you that there will be over 100 applicants. How am I going to compete with a yuppy couple with a good credit score that has a combined income of 200k? They will see two men on the application and think either gay couple or party animals. Gay couple may help, the latter not so much. Being profiled on applications is half the battle.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West