HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^Could you please take your discussion of Rockefeller Center to one of the appropriate Atlanta discussion forums rather than clogging up the development thread with back-and-forth off topic posts? Thanks!
My apologies.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbgt92 View Post
This rendering seems to show the beltline in front of this development, at the bottom of the hill. Am I crazy, or is the beltline actually up the hill and not visible in this rendering. Down the hill is 4th Ward Park, right? Also, Ford Lofts and PCM are mirrored, I think, but I can handle that.

That said, I think the design is fine.
You crazy

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 4:14 PM

Fun fact about the NCR HQ it will be the first double platinum LEED building in Atlanta and the Southeast.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Fun fact about the NCR HQ it will be the first double platinum LEED building in Atlanta and the Southeast.
If only there was such a thing-- I think LEED ratings stop at Platinum and it clearly wont be the only Platinum building in the Southeast

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
If only there was such a thing-- I think LEED ratings stop at Platinum
That's what they told us, this article mentions a dual platinum led designation for an office building.

http://www.facilitiesnet.com/green/a...Feature--13364

Edit: it just means getting platinum leed in two categories

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
That's what they told us, this article mentions a dual platinum led designation for an office building.

http://www.facilitiesnet.com/green/a...Feature--13364

Edit: it just means getting platinum leed in two categories
Looking at the release -- its getting LEED Platinum in construction and one for LEED EBOM-- Existing Buildings Maintenance (Not sure how it qualifies). 2 LEED categories that are not really related. BTW Ga Tech is building a Living Buildings Challenge Certified Building-- the highest environmental standard in the world. It WILL be the first one in the Southeast.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Looking at the release -- its getting LEED Platinum in construction and one for LEED EBOM-- Existing Buildings Maintenance (Not sure how it qualifies). 2 LEED categories that are not really related. BTW Ga Tech is building a Living Buildings Challenge Certified Building-- the highest environmental standard in the world. It WILL be the first one in the Southeast.
The article was a random building, don't know categories NCR building is getting

edit: Actually found it, they're targetting:

Quote:
NCR is targeting dual LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum Certification for the new Global Campus. Earning this dual certification will make our Campus one of the most efficient and sustainable facilities in the southeastern United States and underlines our commitment to making the world a greener place and providing a healthy, productive work environment for YOU!

Last edited by GeorgiaPeanuts; Sep 21, 2016 at 5:09 PM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 5:22 PM

Targeted double-platinum, ended up getting double-myrrh. Happens to the best of us.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 12:13 AM

Trace Midtown (5th and Peachtree) is still under construction, but it looks like people are moving in... there's furniture on some balconies. Could just be model units, I suppose.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Trace Midtown (5th and Peachtree) is still under construction, but it looks like people are moving in... there's furniture on some balconies. Could just be model units, I suppose.
If the leasing office is open it means the units should be coming on board soon as they turnover floors for occupancy.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:16 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...o-midtown.html

Interface relocating its HQ from Vinings to Midtown so looks like this adaptive reuse will move forward:

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
If the leasing office is open it means the units should be coming on board soon as they turnover floors for occupancy.
It's time they really-open that dang sidewalk between 4th and 5th...its been closed for two years...ridiculous. Hope the city starts cracking down on these developers that can't accommodate existing residents and business. My two cents...shared by at least one candidate running for Atlanta Mayor in 2017 as well.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
It's time they really-open that dang sidewalk between 4th and 5th...its been closed for two years...ridiculous. Hope the city starts cracking down on these developers that can't accommodate existing residents and business. My two cents...shared by at least one candidate running for Atlanta Mayor in 2017 as well.
Cathy Woolard?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Really like this building - something different and engages the street very nicely IMO.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Really like this building - something different and engages the street very nicely IMO.
Just not 5th street though

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post
Just not 5th street though
True, although I think the retail they're including will be a boon to the area.

Foottraffic will continue to rise in the area, especially now that Hanover Midtown appears to be a go and if Eviva gets off the ground.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
True, although I think the retail they're including will be a boon to the area.

Foottraffic will continue to rise in the area, especially now that Hanover Midtown appears to be a go and if Eviva gets off the ground.
Here we go again with the amount of people foaming at the mouth & speculating all over Evita, I mean Eviva.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one in this market at this time.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
There have been residents in the lower two levels facing 5th Street for about a week.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Here we go again with the amount of people foaming at the mouth & speculating all over Evita, I mean Eviva.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one in this market at this time.
It's a high-rise development blog. We can bring up whatever project we want as many times as we want.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 10:43 PM

Pics of the Dekalb Ave. project along the BeltLine, that's been in the news about potential future transit conflicts. Images from someone on Reddit who attended the IPNA meeting last night.:

Larger images he uploaded to IMGUR

More Details

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations