HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 12:34 AM

I personally love how the sidecar's facade is broken up, especially from the courtyard and the corner facing the park. Although the side facing the John Ross looks rather repetitive, I think a lot of thought went into many aspects of this part of the Ardea. There are certain units in this building that are going to be spectacular. Many with VERY large outdoor terraces. I pray to god that someone opens a cafe or bar or something in one of the retail spaces with the glass garage door that opens to the courtyard and fountain. It would be amazing in the summer.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 6:18 AM

I just realized that on the ground floor of the south side of the parking garage, there are two bedroom units that open onto the pedestrian path. They are under the parking garage!!! You can see it on the website under two bedrooms, floor plan B-01. It doesn't look like these units have entrances into the building, only to the outside. It seems like that also means that you would have to park your car in the garage, walk outside, and then walk into your apartment from the courtyard. Same to check your mail or anything else. What a crappy floor plan! I realized this as they poured parts of the stairs leading up to these units. You can see the windows at the bottom of this picture...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 6:28 AM

looks pretty weird. in the renderings it appears there will be some landscaping. it's a "poor mans" effort to extend/continue the alley way south of the Ardea, with those nice town homes and water gardens.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkealoha View Post
It doesn't look like these units have entrances into the building, only to the outside. It seems like that also means that you would have to park your car in the garage, walk outside, and then walk into your apartment from the courtyard. Same to check your mail or anything else. What a crappy floor plan! I realized this as they poured parts of the stairs leading up to these units. You can see the windows at the bottom of this picture...
There are only four of these units. I'm sure that they are aimed at people who don't have cars, and are willing to use the streetcar for transportation. I think that you will find that many buildings going up right now are designed to have tenants without cars. Many buildings have more units than parking stalls.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 1:38 AM

all Ardea sidecar construction fencing was removed today, sidewalk planting completed, and sidewalk seating installed. The whole project perimeter is accessible to the public now.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 9:49 PM

the sidecar section is finally buttoned-up. Took them a while.
exactly one year ago this was 5 bare floors of open concrete slab.
(and yet the whole Riva [Alexan] tower was only about 3/4 of the way built!)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland